Gabon Visitor Visa
An eVisa is required. We can assist in processing this document.
Travel Document Type
eVisa (Single Entry)
Byevisa Processing Fee
4 business days
Travel Document Type
eVisa (Multiple Entry)
Byevisa Processing Fee
4 business days
All About the Gabon Visa
Are you planning a trip to Gabon? You need a visa to travel there unless you are from a small number of African countries.
To make it simple for tourists to legally enter this equatorial republic, Gabon’s government has launched an Electronic Visa application system. Applying online with Byevisa streamlines the process, meaning you don’t need to travel to a Gabon embassy or wait in queues at the airport to complete paperwork by hand.
Gabon makes it possible for everyone who needs a visa to obtain it electronically. So of course, this means that if you’re from Europe, Asia, the Americas, Australia or New Zealand, you are eligible to get an e-Visa in advance of your arrival.
Getting your travel document is a straightforward process that you complete from any internet-connected device, wherever you are in the world. As soon as your eVisa is ready, we send it to you by email. The process takes between 4 and 7 business days in total, depending on which processing speed you select.
Details About the eVisa
This electronic authorisation is only valid if you’re arriving in Gabon by air and landing at Leon Mba International Airport in Libreville.
There are different eVisa types for Gabon. You can get a Single Entry visa allowing you to stay for up to 90 days or a Multiple Entry visa for a maximum stay of up to 180 days.
Gabon’s government eVisa fee is payable upon arrival to the country and must be paid in cash. If you get a Single Entry visa the cost is –.00 USD, while for a Multiple Entry visa the cost is –.00 USD. You should carry the exact amount of cash with you to pay the fee.
The only fee you pay when you apply online is Byevisa’s processing fee, which we charge to handle your paperwork. Our fees start at 20.00 USD.
Read on for more helpful information about applying for a Gabon eVisa, and when you’re ready to begin, click ‘Apply Now’ to get started!
The Difference Between an E-Visa versus a Gabon Visa on Arrival
An eVisa for Gabon is an electronic authorisation that you obtain in advance of your trip. So when you arrive, you can skip the queues and the paperwork at the airport. All you need to do is show your printed e-Visa and your passport at immigration control, where you’ll pay the government fee in cash and receive a printed sticker for your passport.
In comparison, a Visa on Arrival (VoA) is a travel document that you can get in the airport when you land. Normally you wait in a queue, fill out the application form by hand and pay the fee. Applying for an electronic authorisation with Byevisa is the most convenient option, as it saves you time and gets you on your way faster.
Gabon Visa Requirements and Eligibility
All nationalities, except the visa-exempt countries below, are eligible to apply for a Gabon eVisa. Select your nationality in our eligibility checker tool to confirm whether your nationality requires a visa.
These are the visa-exempt nationalities that may visit Gabon for up to 90 days:
- Central African Republic
- Republic of Congo
- Equatorial Guinea
These 2 nationalities can enter visa-free for up to 30 days:
- South Africa
To be eligible to apply, you need to have a passport that won’t expire for at least 6 months from the date you arrive. Your passport must have 2 blank pages available for the visa sticker that you receive upon arrival.
Gabon’s electronic travel document can be either Single or Multiple Entry, meaning you can choose the visa that suits your needs.
Your eVisa will be valid for up to either 90 or 180 days, depending on the authorisation you choose.
You must get a yellow fever vaccination if you are travelling to Gabon from a country where there is a risk of this disease. To check whether you need a vaccination, visit the World Health Organisation’s website.
Gabon Visa Application Process
Applying for your eVisa for Gabon with Byevisa is quick and easy with only a small number of documents to upload and fields to complete. Here’s how to apply:
- Fill in our online application form with personal information and details about your trip. The information you provide needs to be up-to-date and must match the data from your passport.
- Upload the following documents as part of your application:
- A colour scan of your passport’s bio page.
- A digital passport size photo sized 35mm by 45mm. The photo should be in colour and should be recent, meaning it should be taken within the last 6 months. Your face should be clearly visible.
- Pay our processing fee with a bank card or PayPal. The amount varies according to the service speed you choose.
- Byevisa handles the processing of your paperwork and the total processing time will vary between 4 and 7 business days depending on the speed of service you select.
- When your authorisation is approved, we send your eVisa to the email address you provided in your application. You must print this official eVisa document to show the customs agent when you arrive.
Gabon Visa Application Form and Documents
Below we list all the steps you need to take to complete your eVisa application with Byevisa, including how to fill out our application form.
1. Select your nationality in the form above, and where you’re travelling (Gabon).
2. Start your application by clicking ‘Apply Now’. You’re taken to a new page where you fill in the following essential information:
- Your email address.
- The dates you’ll arrive to and depart from Gabon.
- Your name and surname.
- Your gender.
- The country of your nationality.
- Your date of birth.
- The country where you were born.
- The country where you currently reside.
- Your passport number along with its issue and expiry dates.
As part of your application, you also upload the following documents:
- Your passport photo, making sure it meets the requirements listed above.
- A scanned copy of your passport information page.
3. After you’ve double-checked that all your data is correct and matches your passport, you’re ready to make your payment of our processing fee. To do so, simply enter your credit or debit card number or select PayPal. When you have filled in the required information, click ‘Submit’.
Once you have submitted your application, the next step is to wait for us to process your application, which takes between 4 and 7 business days.
4. When your eVisa is approved, we send it straight to your email inbox. Be sure to print a copy because you’ll need it to show the immigration officials when you arrive.
Gabon Visa Status Check
We understand you’re ready to get started on your journey! If you’re wondering if your travel pass has been approved, contact us by clicking ‘Status’ in the main menu of the website. You’re then directed to our support page where we ask for the following information to better assist you:
- Your full name, as it appears in your application.
- Your email address.
- The reason for your request.
- A message detailing the help you need.
Click ‘Submit’ to send your message. One of our customer support representatives will respond to your message as soon as possible. We can also provide the answers to the following questions:
- Has my eVisa been approved yet?
- Is my authorisation still pending approval?
- What are the start and expiration dates of my travel pass?
- Has my application been rejected? If this is the case, we will notify you immediately.
If you haven’t received a response to your application by the end of your 4, 6 or 7 business day processing timeframe, please contact us for assistance.
How Much Does a Gabon Visa Cost?
The Gabon eVisa has a government fee of –.00 USD for Single Entry or –.00 USD for Multiple Entry and this amount is paid in cash upon arrival. At Byevisa, our processing fee is the only amount you pay at the time of your application. We offer 3 convenient service speeds:
- With our Standard service, you pay 20.00 USD and we process your application in 7 business days.
- With Rapid service, you pay 35.00 USD and receive your travel pass in 6 business days.
- With our Highly Rapid service, you pay 55.00 USD and your eVisa will be ready in 4 business days.
More Gabon Visa Questions and Information
In case you need more information about how to get a visa for this nation that boasts 13 national parks, we have put together the answers to some frequently asked questions below.
However, Gabon’s immigration department reserves the right to make final decisions on accepting eVisa applications. If your application is rejected, we will send you an email letting you know why.
If it’s a matter of your application data not matching your passport details, you can amend your application. If you apply again you’ll need to pay the corresponding fee a second time.