A visa is required. We can assist in processing this document.
Travel Document Type
eVisa: 30 days, Single Entry
Byevisa Processing Fee
1 business day
Travel Document Type
eVisa: 1 year, Multiple Entries
Byevisa Processing Fee
1 business day
All About Oman eVisas
Are you preparing to travel to the Land of Frankincense? Don’t forget to get your Oman visa online before you go. Almost all foreigners need to obtain special authorisation before entering the country.
Fortunately, since 2018 it has been possible to apply for your Oman tourist visa over the internet, without having to make an appointment at an embassy or wait in long, winding lines at the airport, where time seems to stand still.
Furthermore, Byevisa makes the online application process even more convenient by providing a simple online form and detailed information about everything you will need to prepare. We provide easy, clear instructions and handle every aspect of processing your application. You can get your eVisa sent to your email inbox in as little as 1 business day.
That way, you can turn your focus to the more inspiring aspects of trip planning, like planting your footprints in the Wahiba Sands or uncovering treasures at the Mutrah Souq market.
But first, Byevisa is here to help you get your authorisation so you’re ready to travel.
What Is the Difference Between an Oman e-Visa vs a Visa On Arrival (VoA)?
The Electronic Visa system was put into place to streamline the process of screening eligible visitors and granting them speedy entry into the country when they arrive.
Before the online system was put in place, when travellers arrived, they would have to stand in a long and slow-moving line to fill out all their paperwork and present their documents in person, then be issued a physical Oman Visa on Arrival. This option is no longer available, you must get your visa before you go.
Now you can get your official authorisation online, drastically reducing the time you’ll spend waiting in line at customs and immigration. This allows for stress-free travel.
Here’s some more good news: Your eVisa is valid at any point of entry, whether you’re travelling by land, air or sea.
Oman Visa Application Process
With Byevisa, applying for your Electronic Tourist Visa is fast and simple.
Here is a step-by-step overview of the process:
1. Choose from 2 types of visas for Oman:
- Tourist eVisa for 30 days, Single Entry.
- Tourist eVisa for 1 year, Multiple Entries, visits up to 30 days each.
2. Gather the appropriate documents explained below, including a recent photo and copy of your passport.
3. Fill out Byevisa’s online form with your personal information, including passport number.
4. Select how quickly you would like to receive your authorisation. Byevisa offers 3 processing speeds. If your trip is close on the horizon, you can get your travel document in as little as 1 business day.
5. Complete your payment information using a valid credit card, debit card or Paypal account.
6. Submit your online application.
7. Check your email for confirmation that your application has been received.
8. Sit back and relax. Your Electronic Visa will be sent to your email inbox just like a regular email. You will know when to expect it, depending on the processing speed you selected.
9. Print out your authorisation and take it with you when you travel to present on arrival. It’s no big deal if you misplace your printed copy, just print out another one.
10. Present your printed electronic document along with your passport when you arrive to gain access to the country.
Visa Requirements and Eligibility
In order to apply for an e-Visa to Oman, you must possess a passport from an eligible country. You can use our visa checker tool here to find out if you’re eligible.
Or, if you prefer, you can check to see if your country of citizenship is on the list of eligible countries:
Brunei Dar al-Salam
Macao, Special Administrative Region of China
Republic of North Macedonia
Vatican City State
Additional nationalities with special requirements
If you have a passport from one of the countries listed below, you are able to apply only if you have a valid visa or residence permit from Australia, Canada, Japan, Schengen Area, United Kingdom or United States of America:
Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bhutan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Costa Rica, Cuba, El Salvador, Georgia, Guatemala, Honduras, India, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Maldives, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Vietnam
Aside from your nationality, there are some additional Oman visa requirements to keep in mind:
- You must apply from outside of Oman.
- You must not have another current visa for the country.
- Your purpose for travelling must be tourism.
- Your passport must have at least 6 months’ validity from your date of arrival.
- You must have a confirmed hotel booking in the country*.
- You must have a return ticket*.
- You must use your e-Visa to enter the country within 1 month of the date it is approved.
*You will not be asked to provide proof of your hotel booking or return ticket when you apply for the eVisa, but you may need to do so when you arrive in the country.
Most foreigners need a visa to visit Oman, but 5 nationalities are exempt from this requirement. If you have a passport from one of the following countries, you don’t need a visa:
Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates
Oman eVisa Form and Documents
The Byevisa form is easy to fill out. Here we tell you what information and documents you need to provide so you know what to expect.
The online form asks you for details including the following:
1. Personal details (as they appear in your passport):
- Your surname.
- Your given name.
- Your gender.
- Your date of birth.
- Your place of birth.
2. Passport details:
- Your nationality.
- Your passport number.
- Your passport type.
- Date of issue.
- Place of issue.
- Date of expiry.
3. Period of eVisa validity (choose 1):
- 30-day validity.
- 1-year validity.
4. Processing speed (choose 1):
Choose when you would like to receive your eVisa in your email inbox:
- Standard service (4 business days).
- Rapid service (2 business days).
- Highly rapid service (1 business day).
5. Payment details (choose 1 method of payment):
- Credit or debit card.
- Full name as it appears on card.
- Card number.
- Expiration date.
- 3-digit security code.
- PayPal Account.
At this point, your form is complete and you can submit it.
You will also need digital copies of these documents for your Oman visa:
- Digital photo taken in the last 6 months.
- Passport-style photo of your face, white background, looking at the camera straight on, no glasses or headgear (religious headgear is accepted).
- Scanned copy of your passport bio page.
- Scanned copy of your visa or residence permit, if your nationality has special requirements (see list above).
Oman Visa Status Check
Byevisa will send your authorisation directly to your email inbox when it’s ready. You’ll know when to expect it based on the processing speed you selected when you applied. So, as long as you’re checking your email periodically, there’s no real need to keep track of your application or check on your eVisa status.
However, if you have not received an email after the processing time is up, please contact us by clicking on the ‘Log in’ section at the top of this page.
If you realise that you made an error on your application, please contact us as soon as possible.
How Much is a Visa for Oman?
The total Oman visa cost will depend on the type you select (validity period) and the processing speed you need.
- 30-day validity, Single Entry: 52 USD.
- 1-year validity, Multiple Entries: 130 USD.
- Standard: delivered in 4 business days for 30 USD.
- Rapid: delivered in 2 business days for 60 USD.
- Highly rapid: delivered in 1 business day for 90 USD.
For example, if you apply for an authorisation that will be valid for 30 days and delivered at the standard speed, the cost will be 82 USD. That amount covers the authorisation itself, the Byevisa service and processing.
Your payment can be made via credit card, debit card or PayPal when you apply.
More Oman Visa Questions and Information
Have you still got some pressing questions on your mind? Look through our FAQ section to learn more details about getting your travel authorisation.