An eVisa is required. We can assist in processing this document.
Travel Document Type
Byevisa Processing Fee
3 business days
All About the Taiwan eVisa
Are you thinking of visiting Taiwan? Before you start planning a hike up Elephant Mountain, you need to make sure you have all the required documents to enter the country, including your Taiwan travel visa.
Citizens of more than 15 countries are eligible to apply for a Taiwan visa online. This means you can skip the long lines and piles of paperwork. With Byevisa’s convenient service, you receive your Electronic Visa directly in your email inbox.
When you receive this eVisa, you will be able to visit Taiwan for up to 30 days for tourism or business purposes. You must enter the country within 3 months of obtaining the visa.
Fill out our simple online form and we will take care of the rest. No need to jump through the hoops of bureaucracy at your local embassy or consulate. Byevisa handles the visa process from start to finish.
Do you have any questions? If so, you’re in luck! We have prepared this guide to help you learn all about getting your visa. You will find out whether or not you are eligible, what documents you need, how and when to apply, and more.
Taiwan Visa Requirements and Eligibility
Before you apply, make sure you meet the requirements and have a passport from a country that is eligible.
Citizens of the following countries are eligible for eVisas to Taiwan:
- Burkina Faso
- Saudi Arabia
- Solomon Islands
- United Arab Emirates
Requirements for Taiwan eVisa applicants:
- Hold an ordinary, official or diplomatic passport valid for at least 6 months after the intended date of entry into Taiwan.
- The use of emergency or temporary passports is not permitted.
- The passport must be issued by an eligible country listed above.
- Intend to travel for tourism or business purposes only.
- This may include visiting family members, attending international conferences or watching sporting events.
- Other activities, such as study or employment, are not permitted with an Electronic Visa.
Visa-Free Travel to Taiwan
Do you need a visa to go to Taiwan? US citizens do not need a visa for Taiwan, nor do nationals of Canada, Israel, Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, the European Union, and many others.
To discover whether you are eligible for Taiwan’s visa exemption program, use our visa checker tool here.
All you have to do is provide your nationality, and we’ll tell you if you can travel to Taiwan without a visa.
Taiwan Visa Application Process
With Byevisa, applying for a travel visa is fast and easy. The entire process can be completed online from your computer.
Here’s a step-by-step guide of how to apply for your Taiwan eVisa:
- Check to make sure you are eligible, depending on your nationality. (Find the list of countries above.)
- Gather the necessary documents. You will need a passport that is valid for at least 6 months after the day you arrive in Taiwan.
- Decide when you want to travel. You’ll be asked to provide your intended travel dates when you apply.
- Fill out Byevisa’s simple online application. It only takes you a few minutes. Make sure to fill it out carefully, and double-check that your information is correct.
- Select how fast you want your visa. Byevisa has 3 different processing speeds to choose from. You can receive your document in as little as 3 business days.
- Provide your payment information. Byevisa accepts credit or debit cards as well as PayPal.
- Check your email for a confirmation message from Byevisa. This way, you know that your application has been submitted properly.
- Sit back and relax. Byevisa will send your Electronic Visa straight to your inbox when it’s ready, depending on the processing speed you selected.
- Print your eVisa and take it to the airport with you when you’re ready to travel.
Remember, once you enter the country you can only stay for up to 30 days.
Taiwan eVisa Form and Documents
Byevisa simplifies the Electronic Visa application process by providing a single online form.
There is no need to upload any additional documents. This means you don’t need to take any digital photos, make any photocopies or fill out any physical paperwork. It is not necessary to reserve your flights or accommodation ahead of time.
Your visa will be valid for 3 months starting from the date of issue. This means you need to apply less than 90 days before you intend to arrive in Taiwan.
You will be asked to provide information such as:
- Personal details
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Country of birth
- Country of residence
- Passport information
- Passport number
- Date of issue
- Expiration date
- Contact details
- Email address
- Phone number
- Travel plans
- Intended arrival date
- Intended departure date
- Reason for travel
It’s important to make sure that all of the information you provide matches what is on your passport. Revise all form fields carefully before moving on.
The next step is to decide how fast you want your eVisa to be processed.
The Byevisa online form will ask you to choose from 3 options:
- Standard service: Get your eVisa in 7 business days for a 25.00 USD processing fee.
- Rapid service: Get your eVisa in 5 business days for a 55.00 USD processing fee.
- Highly Rapid service: Get your eVisa in 3 business days for a 75.00 USD processing fee.
The final step in the form is to make your payment using one of the following options:
- Debit/credit card: Provide your card number, name as it appears on the card, expiration date and 3-digit security code.
- PayPal: Provide your account number.
That’s all there is to it! The visa application form is very clear and straightforward.
Traveller’s tip: Fill out the form using a passport that will still be valid for 6 months after you arrive. This is required by Taiwan’s visa policy.
Taiwan Visa Status Check
When you use Byevisa’s service, you can check the status of your Electronic Visa application at any time. To do so, follow these steps:
- Click the ‘Status’ button in the top menu, then enter your details and enquiry.
- You can find out information including whether your eVisa application has been: (1) authorized, (2) remains pending, (3) remains valid, or (4) rejected.
However, one of the advantages of using Byevisa is that we’ll tell you your application’s status by email.
You’ll receive a notification straight to your inbox to let you know when your visa has been approved. You can then download and print the official document directly from your regular email inbox.
So with Byevisa’s swift, reliable service it’s not necessary for you to check your Taiwan visa application status online. However, we offer the option so you can rest easy knowing what stage your application is undergoing.
How Much is a Visa for Taiwan?
The cost of obtaining an Electronic Visa is a combination of the NT$ 1,646 (US$ 56.41) application fee imposed by the government of the Republic of China (Taiwan) and the Byevisa service cost of processing the visa.
The total cost depends on how quickly you would like to receive your travel document. The options for processing speeds are as follows:
- Standard service: Receive your eVisa in 7 business days for 25.00 USD (total cost 81.41 USD).
- Rapid service: Receive your eVisa in 5 business days for 55.00 USD (total cost 111.41 USD).
- Highly Rapid service: Receive your eVisa in 3 business days for 75.00 USD (total cost 131.41 USD).
You are prompted to select your desired processing speed as part of filling out your application.
More Taiwan eVisa Questions and Information
Want to learn more about travelling to the birthplace of bubble tea? Take a look at our FAQ section to discover the answers to all your questions.