An eVisa is required. We can assist in processing this document.
Travel Document Type
Byevisa Processing Fee
2 business days
Travel Document Type
eVisa (with GBAO region)
Byevisa Processing Fee
2 business days
All About the Tajikistan Visa
Most visitors to Tajikistan require a visa to enter. Fortunately, the eVisa is a fast and simple electronic way to apply for and acquire your authorisation to visit the nation that’s home to Sarazm, the oldest city in Central Asia.
Many nationalities are eligible for an eVisa, as long as you’re travelling for tourist purposes and applying from outside the country. This includes citizens from the US, UK, Europe, Australia, India, Canada, or China, along with others.
The eVisa for Tajikistan is valid for a stay of up to 60 days and is Single Entry.
The cost of a Tajikistan eVisa depends on whether you plan to visit the Gorno-Badakhshan Autonomous Region, abbreviated GBAO, located in Eastern Tajikistan. The GBAO region boasts the magnificent Pamir mountain range, also known as “the roof of the world.”
The visa fee for visiting the entire country including this region is 70.00 USD. If you won’t be visiting the GBAO, then the fee is 50.00 USD. In addition, Byevisa charges a nominal processing fee to handle your paperwork on your behalf.
Before travelling to the country that’s home to the capital Dushanbe, you can apply for your eVisa with Byevisa. The process takes only a few minutes and can be completed on any electronic device.
- 1 Difference Between an e-Visa and a Tajikistan Visa on Arrival
- 2 Tajikistan Tourist Visa Requirements and Eligibility
- 3 Tajikistan Online Visa Application Process
- 4 Tajikistan eVisa Application Form
- 5 How to Check the Status of Your Tajikistan Tourist eVisa Application
- 6 How Much Does a Tajikistan Visa Cost?
- 7 Further Tajikistan Visa Questions and Information
Difference Between an e-Visa and a Tajikistan Visa on Arrival
An eVisa is an electronic travel authorisation that you obtain via our online application form in advance of your arrival to Tajikistan. The approved document is sent to you by email, and when you arrive, you present your printed approved travel document at the immigration control. This electronic authorisation can be obtained by citizens of 121 countries.
In contrast, a Visa on Arrival can be obtained by citizens of some countries upon arrival at the Dushanbe Airport. However, this process may require waiting in a long queue and filling out paperwork by hand. With Byevisa you can avoid the wait and get out of the airport faster.
Tajikistan Tourist Visa Requirements and Eligibility
Not sure about your eligibility? You can check whether you’re eligible for an eVisa with our tool here:
Citizens from the 121 countries and territories listed below are eligible to apply for a Tajikistan e-Visa with Byevisa.
All European Union countries
Antigua and Barbuda
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Papua New Guinea
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Trinidad and Tobago
United Arab Emirates
To apply, you need to include a scan of your passport personal information page that’s valid for a minimum of 6 months from the date of your arrival and has at least 1 blank page to affix your authorisation. Before completing your application, it’s important that your passport is up to date.
When you arrive, you need to show your original passport along with your approved eVisa, so it’s important to print a copy of your travel authorisation when you receive it by email.
The eVisa is valid for a Single Entry and you can use it to enter through any of the country’s border checkpoints.
You pay our processing fee online when you apply by either bank card or PayPal.
Upon arrival, you may need to present a vaccination certificate if you’re travelling from a country at risk of yellow fever. You can check the list of countries on the World Health Organisation’s (WHO) website.
Citizens from the following 10 countries do not need a visa to enter Tajikistan for certain periods of time:
- Unlimited stay
- 90 days
- 30 days
Finally, those visitors from any other country than the ones listed in this section have to apply for a visa from the nearest Tajikistan embassy.
Tajikistan Online Visa Application Process
With Byevisa, our application process only takes a few minutes and you’ll be on your way. On the application form you fill in your personal and travel information, and you pay the visa fee and our processing fee with a bank card or PayPal.
As part of your application, you need to upload a scan of your passport information page. Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after the date of your arrival in Tajikistan.
When your application is submitted, we handle the processing of your paperwork, and we can have your eVisa ready for you in a minimum of 2 business days.
When it’s ready, you receive your approved document from us in your email inbox. This document is an authorisation which is valid for a total of 90 days during which time you must enter the country.
This 90-day validity period starts on the date you specify in your application. If you don’t enter during this timeframe, or if your travel dates change, you’ll be required to apply for a new eVisa.
Once you enter, you’re allowed to stay in the country for a maximum of 60 days which are counted starting on the date of your arrival.
If you are travelling with a group or with children, each person needs his or her own eVisa.
Tajikistan eVisa Application Form
Byevisa’s application form is quick and easy. Just enter some personal information that matches your passport and some details about your trip. Once you’ve completed this, you pay the processing fee online with a credit or debit card or by PayPal, and your application is submitted.
The Tajikistan eVisa fee is 50.00 USD, or 70.00 USD if you’re entering the GBAO region. Additionally, Byevisa charges a fee to process your paperwork and our prices depend on how quickly you need your authorisation. Our 3 services are Standard, Rapid, and Highly Rapid.
- Our Standard service price is 20.00 USD and processes your visa in 6 business days.
- Rapid service, costing 50.00 USD, processes your application in 4 business days.
- Highly Rapid service costs 70.00 USD and takes just 2 business days to process.
No matter which service level you choose, rest assured that Byevisa’s service handles all your paperwork smoothly and efficiently to get you your eVisa from start to finish.
To apply, complete the following steps:
1. Choose your nationality and where you’re going (Tajikistan).
2. Click ‘Apply Now to go to the next page, where you’re asked for the following information:
- Your email address.
- Your planned arrival and departure dates.
- Your name and surname, as they appear in your passport.
- Your gender.
- The country of your nationality.
- Your date of birth.
- The city and country where you were born.
- The address where you currently live.
- Your passport number, along with its issue date and an expiration date that is at least 6 months after your arrival date.
- The reason for your travel and purpose of your visit.
- Your marital status.
- The address where you’ll be staying in Tajikistan.
The information in your eVisa application must exactly match the information in your passport, or you could be denied entry, so be sure to check all your details carefully before submitting.
3. You continue to the payment page where you finalise and submit your eVisa application. On this secure page, enter your bank card number or choose PayPal. Revise all your information to make sure it’s correct and, when you’re ready, click ‘Submit.’
4. After we process your application, we send your electronic travel document by email. It’s important to print this document as well as save it on your electronic device. Although immigration officials will receive your authorisation in their system, you may also need to present a copy.
The time it takes for you to receive your eVisa depends on the speed of service you choose when you apply. We process it in a minimum of 2 business days with our Highly Rapid service.
How to Check the Status of Your Tajikistan Tourist eVisa Application
If you’re wondering whether your authorisation is ready, you can check your application status in your account. Otherwise you can reach out to us if you need support or if you haven’t heard from us after your processing time has passed.
1. To find out your application status in your account, click the ‘Status’ button in our main menu. On the following page, enter these details:
- Your name and surname.
- Your email address.
- The reason for your request.
- A message about the details of your issue.
Click ‘Submit’ to send your message. You can find out information about your eVisa such as:
- Whether your authorisation has been approved.
- If approved, your e-Visa’s start date and expiration dates, which is a 90-day period during which you must enter the country.
- If we’re still processing your application.
- If your application has been rejected and the reason.
A Byevisa customer support agent will respond to your request as fast as possible.
How Much Does a Tajikistan Visa Cost?
The cost of a Tajikistan e-Visa is 50.00 USD, or 70.00 USD to include a permit to visit the GBAO autonomous area.
Byevisa’s processing fee depends on how quickly you require your eVisa. We offer 3 levels of service: Standard service costs 20.00 USD, Rapid service costs 50.00 USD and Highly Rapid service costs 70.00 USD.
Further Tajikistan Visa Questions and Information
Are you looking for more information about the Tajikistan eVisas? See below for other frequently asked questions.