An eVisa is required. We can assist in processing this document.
Travel Document Type
Byevisa Processing Fee
2 business days
All About the Uganda Visa
Do you intend to visit the East African Republic of Uganda in the near future? If so, you’ll be pleased to hear that in June 2016, the country’s government introduced its Electronic Visa (e-Visa) system to make it easier and faster for visitors to enter the country.
Now, visitors from most of the world’s countries and territories simply have to fill in an online form, and you receive your valid travel document in your email inbox to print and take with you. So no longer do you need to visit the Ugandan embassy; the e-Visa is much simpler.
The Ugandan e-Visa permits visits up to 45 days within its 90-day validity period. It’s a Single Entry visa, meaning that you can enter and exit the country only once. You can apply if you intend to visit for tourism, family visits or for medical purposes. If you want to work, study or immigrate permanently to Uganda, then you must visit the embassy for an alternative visa.
To apply, you need a passport that’s valid for at least 6 months from your date of entry. When you’ve got your eVisa, you must print it to take with you to show at the customs checkpoint.
With Byevisa it takes just minutes to apply for your Uganda travel pass, then we take care of the rest. Read on to find out how to get yours with our convenient online form!
What Distinguishes an e-Visa from a Uganda Visa On Arrival (VOA)?
The eVisa (Electronic Visa) is a new, online way to get your travel authorisation to enter the country. It does away with the old-fashioned way of doing things, such as getting up at the crack of dawn to visit the embassy, waiting in lengthy queues outside the entrance, or filling in forms by hand.
Instead, you can apply from your computer, tablet or smartphone, from your home, office or while you’re on the move. You can apply from anywhere in the world except Uganda itself, according to the local government’s legislation. So the eVisa is straightforward and quick.
By comparison, you obtain a Uganda Visa on Arrival (VoA) when you arrive at the airport. Like the old embassy way of doing things, you may have to join a long queue when you’re fresh off your flight and you’d rather be getting on with your holiday.
Uganda Visa Requirements and Eligibility
The citizens of most of the world’s countries and territories are eligible for this eVisa. This includes nationals of the USA, UK, EU, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and India. To see if you’re eligible, consult our eligibility checker here:
To apply you need the following documents:
- An email address, so that we can send you your travel authorisation.
- A passport that’s valid for at least 6 months from your planned arrival date.
- A scanned copy of your passport’s personal bio page to upload.
- A certificate of vaccination against yellow fever.
- A recent passport-sized photograph.
Please note that the eVisa is technically an approval letter and does not guarantee you automatic entry into Uganda. Instead, this is at the customs authority’s discretion. With this in mind, when you arrive a customs official will examine your eVisa and paste it into your passport if approved.
To maximise your chances of being allowed entry into the country, ensure that you enter your details into Byevisa’s application form exactly matching your passport’s. In addition, if you’re a citizen of 2 countries, be sure to take the passport with you that you’ve applied with.
You cannot apply for the Uganda visitor visa if you already have another visa for this country.
As well as the Tourist eVisa, Uganda’s government offers the Transit eVisa, for visits of up to 2 days, and the East Africa eVisa, for people intending to visit Kenya and Rwanda too. For more details about the Transit eVisa, click here, and for the East Africa eVisa, click here.
Lastly, if you’re a citizen of one of the following countries, then you’re exempt from needing a visa to visit Uganda. So that’s one less thing on your mind ahead of your journey!
Uganda Entry Visa Application Process
Here’s how to apply for your travel authorisation to visit this East African country with Byevisa:
1. Enter your nationality and your destination country (Uganda) into the form at the top of this page. This will show you:
- If you’re eligible to apply or if you’re exempt. No nationalities are ineligible.
- The Ugandan government’s charge of 51.50 USD.
- Byevisa’s processing time of 2 business days.
- Our processing charge of 35.00 USD.
2. Click ‘Apply Now’ to go to our personal/passport details page. Enter the details we need to process your application. This includes (1) your intended entry and exit dates from Uganda, (2) your nationality, (3) your passport number.
Enter these details for yourself and everyone you’re travelling with. Please enter your details carefully, as any mistakes risk your application being rejected.
3. Select how quickly you want to receive your eVisa. We offer Standard service to get it in 6 business days for 35.00 USD, Rapid service to get it in 4 business days for 65.00 USD, and Highly Rapid service to get in 2 business days for 100.00 USD.
So if you’ve left applying until only a couple of days before your flight, our Highly Rapid service is ideal.
4. Pay for your application, either by debit/credit card or PayPal, and click ‘Submit’.
That’s all there is to it! You then receive an email confirming your application has been received. Then, within the processing timeframe you’ve selected, your validated travel pass will arrive in your email inbox. We recommend that you print a copy to take with you to show to Uganda’s border authorities when you arrive.
Uganda e-Visa Forms and Documents
1. Please find below the full list of personal/passport details you enter to get your eVisa:
- Your email address, so that we can send you your validated travel document.
- The dates that you plan to enter and exit Uganda.
- A phone number, should we need to get in touch.
- Your first name, middle name if applicable and last name.
- Your sex (male/female).
- Your nationality.
- Your birthday (d/m/y).
- The country where you were born.
- The country where you reside.
- Your passport number.
- Your passport’s issue date.
- Your passport’s expiry date.
- The visa you’re applying for (the 90-day Single Entry Tourist eVisa).
Enter these details for yourself and everyone you’re travelling with. Enter your details carefully, as any mistakes could put your application in jeopardy. To maximise the chances of your being allowed entry, your eVisa’s details must match your passport’s exactly.
2. Select how quickly you want to receive your Uganda tourist visa in your email inbox, from among Byevisa’s 3 convenient processing speeds:
- Standard: Obtain your eVisa in 6 business days for a 35.00 USD processing charge.
- Rapid: Obtain it in 4 business days for a 65.00 USD processing charge.
- Highly Rapid: Obtain it in just 2 business for a 100.00 USD processing charge.
As you can see, our Highly Rapid service is perfect if you’ve left acquiring your travel document to the last minute. This lets you obtain your Uganda e-Visa in time for your flight!
3. Enter your payment details, whether by debit/credit card or PayPal. You need:
- Your name, exactly as it appears on your debit/credit card.
- Your debit/credit card’s number.
- Your debit/credit card’s expiry date, and issue date if appropriate.
- Your debit/credit card’s 3-digital CVC/CVV security code, found on the back.
Alternatively, if you’re paying by PayPal, click the ‘PayPal’ button and enter your username and password. Then, follow the payment instructions as you normally do.
Once you’re done, click ‘Submit’ and your travel pass will arrive soon after in your email inbox!
Visa for Uganda Status Check
To check the status of your travel authorisation application with Byevisa is easy. Here’s how:
- In the main menu at the top of this page, first click on the ‘Status’ button.
- On the next page, type in your contact details and your enquiry.
- A member of our customer service team will get back to you soon.
- Among other things, you can find out:
- If your application was accepted.
- Your visa’s issue and expiry dates, and how many days it remains valid for.
- If your application is pending.
- If your application has been rejected, and why if we know.
In particular, if you spot that you made a mistake on your application, please get in touch with us as quickly as you can. If we’re yet to process your application, we’ll amend the mistake free of charge. However, if you only contact us after we’ve already processed your application, then you’ll have to apply again and pay the corresponding fee.
In addition, if you’re contacting us to ask if your eVisa has been processed, please only do so once your selected processing timeframe has expired. For example, if you selected our Standard service to obtain your travel authorisation in 6 business days, please only get in touch once 7 business days have passed. Otherwise we’ll still be processing your application!
What Is the Uganda Visa Fee?
The Ugandan government charges 51.50 USD for its travel authorisation. In addition, you pay Byevisa’s processing fee depending on how fast you want to obtain your eVisa in your email inbox.
We charge 35.00 USD to process it in 6 business days with our Standard service, 65.00 USD to process it in 4 business days with our Rapid service, and 100.00 USD to process it in 2 business days with our Highly Rapid service.
So the price you pay will be a combination of the Ugandan government’s charge and Byevisa’s processing fee.
More Uganda Entry Visa Questions and Information
Do you have more questions about this travel authorisation ahead of your trip? Then please find below a list of our frequently asked questions and answers to help you.