The ETIAS is coming soon. We can assist in processing this document once it’s available.
Travel Document Type
Byevisa Processing Fee
All About the ETIAS for Portugal
Please bear in mind that the ETIAS (European Travel Information and Authorisation System) will go live in late 2022 and becoming obligatory in 2023, and as such this travel authorisation is currently unavailable. Below you’ll find all the information you need to know to get yours with Byevisa when it launches.
Do you intend to visit Portugal in the foreseeable future? If so, if you’re from a country that used to be exempt from needing authorisation to visit this Iberian country, you should know that as of 2023, you’re obliged to obtain what’s called an ETIAS (European Travel Information and Authorisation System) travel pass. This includes nationals of the USA, UK, Australia, Canada, Japan and around 60 other countries.
This travel pass is valid for visits of up to 90 days within any 180-day period for a total of 3 years. It’s a Multiple Entry visa, meaning that you can enter and exit as many times as you like within its valid lifespan. What’s more, you can enter both Portugal and any of the 25 other countries that make up Europe’s Schengen Area, such as nearby Spain.
Fortunately, you can apply online with Byevisa’s convenient form and the process takes just around 10 minutes. Read on to find out how to easily and quickly get yours!
Difference Between Portugal ETIAS and Portugal Visa
The first difference between the ETIAS and a traditional visa is that only citizens of what were previously Portugal visa-free countries are eligible for the ETIAS. This includes if you’re American, British, Australian, Canadian, Japanese, or from around 60 other countries (see our ‘Portugal Visas Requirements for ETIAS Eligible Countries’ section further down for the full list).
The second difference between the ETIAS and an old-fashioned visa is that the new system is entirely online. You simply enter some personal and passport details into Byevisa’s form, select how quickly you want to receive your travel pass, pay for your application, and it arrives in your email inbox within the timeframe you select. We recommend that you print a copy to show at the border control checkpoint.
By comparison, with a traditional visa you’d have to first visit the embassy to get it. This may involve getting up early in the morning, waiting in long queues to get inside the building, and filling in forms by hand while you check that you’ve got all your supporting documents with you. All in all, the ETIAS is a much faster and simpler way.
Portugal Visas Requirements for ETIAS Eligible Countries
To see if you’re eligible for this European travel authorisation, consult our eligibility checker tool here:
Alternatively, please find below the full list of nationalities that are eligible:
Antigua and Barbuda
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Federated States of Micronesia
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Trinidad and Tobago
United Arab Emirates
As we mention above, you can enter Portugal and any other of the 26 nations that make up the European Union’s Schengen Area with this travel pass.
To apply for your ETIAS authorisation, you need the following:
- An email address, as you receive your validated travel pass in your inbox.
- A passport that’s valid for at least 6 months from when you intend to arrive.
- To enter some basic personal/passport details into our online form.
- To answer some security/medical questions for the EU’s security databases.
- A debit/credit card or PayPal account to pay for your application with Byevisa.
Please note that you’re only eligible if you’re a citizen of one of the countries listed above. This travel pass is only valid for visits for business, medical treatment, tourism or transit.
If you’re from one of the 26 countries that comprise the Schengen Area, there’s no need for you to apply for an ETIAS pass or any other kind of travel authorisation to visit Portugal.
However, if you’re applying from any other country, you need what’s called a Portugal Schengen Visa. To learn more about the Schengen Visa and how you can apply, click here.
ETIAS Application Process for Portugal
To apply for your travel authorisation for this Western Mediterranean country with Byevisa is simple. Here are the steps to take:
- On the form at the top of this page, enter your nationality and destination. You’ll see:
- If you can apply for the ETIAS authorisation Portugal.
- The European Union’s X USD fee for this travel pass.
- Our processing fee of X USD and our processing speed of X.
- Click ‘Apply Now’ to be taken to our personal/passport page where you type in your information. Enter your details for yourself and everyone you’re applying for, including children.
- Choose how quickly you want to obtain your travel authorisation. We offer Standard service to get it in X days, Rapid service to get it in X days, and Highly Rapid service to get it in X days.
- Pay for your application by debit/credit card or PayPal.
- Click ‘Submit’ and your travel permission arrives in your email inbox in the timeframe you’ve chosen. That’s all there is to it!
Form to Apply for the ETIAS Portugal
1. Here’s the complete list of personal and passport details you type in to apply for your travel authorisation. We ask for these to process your application on your behalf, saving you the time and effort of doing so!
- Your email address, so that we can send you your validated travel pass.
- Your entry date to Portugal.
- Your first name, middle name if you’ve got one, and last name.
- Your telephone number.
- Your sex (male/female).
- Your nationality as it appears in your passport.
- The country you were born in.
- The country where you currently reside.
- Your passport number.
- Your passport’s date of issue.
- Your passport’s date of expiry.
- The visa you’re applying for (namely, the ETIAS authorisation Portugal).
- The first Member State of the Schengen Area you’re visiting (i.e. Portugal).
- Your address.
- Your medical and security background, for example if you’ve been convicted of a crime.
Enter your details for yourself and all of your travel companions, including any children. To type in the information for more than one person, click ‘Add New Applicant’.
Be sure to enter your information precisely as it appears on your passport, as any mistakes could result in your application being rejected. So be extra careful before you click ‘Submit’!
2. Next, select how fast you want to obtain your ETIAS from among Byevisa’s 3 options:
- Standard: Get your travel pass in X days for X USD processing fee.
- Rapid: Get it in X days for X USD processing fee.
- Highly Rapid: Get it in X days for X USD processing fee.
If you’ve left applying for your travel authorisation until the last minute, our Highly Rapid service is ideal. You receive your ETIAS in your email inbox in time to catch your flight!
3. Lastly, type in your debit/credit card details to pay for your application as follows:
- Enter your name as it appears on your debit/credit card.
- Enter your debit/credit card number.
- Enter your debit/credit card’s expiry date.
- Enter your debit/credit card’s CVC/CVV 3-digit security code, found on the back.
Alternatively, to pay by PayPal click on the ‘PayPal’ button and follow the usual steps.
Click ‘Submit’ when you’re done, and your ETIAS wings its way to you in the timeframe you’ve selected. Remember to print a copy to take with you and show at the border checkpoint!
ETIAS Portugal – Status Check
Here’s how to check the status of your application with Byevisa
- At the top of this screen in the main menu, click on the ‘Status’ button.
- Type in your contact details and enquiry with the following:
- Your complete name.
- Your email address or phone number, so that we can get back to you.
- The topic of your enquiry.
- The details of what you want to know.
- Press ‘Submit’, and a member of our team will reply as fast as possible. Among other things you can find out:
- Whether your application has been accepted.
- Your travel pass’s issue and expiry dates, and its remaining validity period.
- Whether your application remains pending.
- If your visa was rejected, and the reason why if we know.
If you’re contacting us to find out if your application was accepted or rejected, please only do so once the processing timeframe that you selected has expired. For example, if you chose our Standard service to receive your ETIAS in X days, get in touch only after X+1 days.
How Much Is an ETIAS for Portugal?
The European Union charges X USD for this travel pass. In addition, you pay Byevisa’s processing fee to obtain your ETIAS for you, depending on how quickly you want to obtain your authorisation in your email inbox.
We charge X USD for our Standard service to get it in X days, X USD for our Rapid service to get it in X days, and X USD for our Highly Rapid service to obtain it in X days.
So the total you pay will be a combination of the EU’s charge and Byevisa’s processing fee. For example, if you select our Highly Rapid service, you pay a total of X USD (EU fee of X USD plus Byevisa’s processing fee of X USD).
ETIAS Portugal FAQs
Do you have more questions about obtaining your travel document for this Southern European country, home to delightful cities such as Lisbon and Porto? Then read on for our FAQs.