An eTA is required. We can assist in processing this document.
All About the New Zealand eTa
Do you intend to travel to New Zealand in the foreseeable future? If so, it’s very likely that you’ll need an eTA (Electronic Travel Authority) visa waiver, to enter the country of cities like Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch.
The kiwi government introduced its eTA system in July 2019 for travellers entering the antipodean country for tourism, business, or transit to onward destinations. It’s obligatory both for visitors and for airline and cruise crew staff.
Once you obtain your kiwi eTA, it’s valid for up to 2 years and enables you to enter the country multiple times for short visits. The citizens of around 60 countries are eligible for this kiwi visitor pass.
For most eligible nationalities, you’re allowed to stay for 3 months (90 days) each visit with this authorisation. However, Brits (citizens of the United Kingdom) can remain for 6 months (180 days) each time they use their eTA.
Please note that the kiwi eTA is only applicable for short term visits to the land of Tolkien’s hobbits, elves and dwarves, for the purposes of tourism, business or transit.
If you intend to stay in the country for longer you need an alternative visa, for example to study, immigrate or find permanent work. If this is your case, then please refer to your nearest New Zealand embassy or consulate for more information.
Visa for New Zealand Application Process
To apply for a kiwi eTA with Byevisa is easy as pie. You just need:
- A valid email address, so that we can send you your pass once it’s approved.
- Some personal and passport details, so that you can submit your application. These will include your full name, date of birth, and passport initial and expiry dates. Please see our ‘New Zealand Visa Forms and Documents’ section below for full details.
- A current passport that’s valid for at least 6 months from your planned entry date.
- At least 1 empty page on your passport for stamping.
- Your planned entry and exit dates from the kiwi country.
- A valid debit/credit card or a PayPal account, to pay for your eTA application.
Once you’ve compiled these documents, take the following simple steps:
- Enter your nationality and destination country (in this case New Zealand) into the visa checker. You immediately see if you’re eligible for an eTA.
- In addition, you see the New Zealand government’s fee of USD 47.00, which includes a tourist levy to protect the country’s natural environment.
- You also see Byevisa’s processing fee, to make your application on your behalf. With our service, you don’t have to visit the nearest embassy or consulate to obtain your eTA. This saves you time, to instead plan your trip to this beautiful country!
- Lastly, you see Byevisa’s processing time to obtain your eTA for you. We offer 3 speeds, namely Standard (1 business day), Rapid (4 hours) and Highly Rapid (30 minutes) (these last 2 available soon). So pick the service that’s best for you, depending how fast you want your waiver.
- Then you enter your personal and passport details into the form. The fields are easy to fill in, and this will take you just a few minutes.
- To finalise your New Zealand eTA application with Byevisa, enter: (1) your debit/credit card number, (2) your name as it appears on your card, (3) your card’s initial and expiry dates. Alternatively, you can also pay by PayPal.
That’s it! You’ll soon receive your travel authorisation document in your email inbox.
Once you receive your kiwi eTA, we recommend that you print a copy of it. This is to show to the airport check-in staff and New Zealand’s immigration authorities, if need be. However, given that your authorisation is electronically linked to your passport, this is just in case.
Visa New Zealand Requirements and Eligibility
To obtain an eTA, you need a passport that’s valid for at least 6 months from your date of entry. Also, your passport must have at least 1 blank page to be stamped when you arrive.
Other requirements are that you must be in good health and of good character. Also, when you travel, you may need to show that you are a genuine visitor (not planning to stay long-term), that you have sufficient funds to cover your stay, and that you have a return or onward travel ticket out of the country.
The citizens of around 60 countries are eligible for this waiver.
You can look through the list of eligible nationalities below:
Republic of South Korea
United Arab Emirates
As we mention above, the eTA is valid for multiple, short-term visits for 2 years. If you’re from most countries, you can visit this antipodean nation for up to 3 months (90 days) at a time. However, Brits (citizens of the UK) can stay for up to 6 months (180 days) each visit.
If you’re a member of a flight or cruise crew, you need an eTA to visit New Zealand. However, your authorisation is valid for up to 5 years, to make your life a bit simpler.
Also, please keep in mind the following important details:
- You’re required to obtain this travel authorisation even if you’re in transit through the country. In this case, you must transit through Auckland International Airport.
- You can’t apply for an eTA if you’re already in New Zealand. You must apply for this travel authorisation before you enter the country.
- It’s not possible to extend this authorisation once you’ve received it, either in or out of New Zealand. To further your stay in the land of kiwi fruits and birds, you’ll have to make your application again to receive a new eTA, and pay the corresponding fee.
- Please make sure that you fill in the application form carefully and correctly. If you’ve made a mistake, then contact our customer service team as fast as possible. We’ll try to correct the mistake before we process your pass. However, if we’ve already processed it by the time you contact us, you’ll have to apply again and pay the corresponding fee.
- If your application is rejected, contact our customer service team and we’ll try to tell you why. However, this may not always be possible. To ensure that your application is accepted, enter your details correctly and carefully. Even small mistakes can result in you being denied this travel pass.
- You can’t cancel an eTA once it’s issued. It will remain valid until the stated expiration date, or until your passport expires, whichever comes first.
- If you’re travelling to New Zealand from a country at risk of yellow fever, you must be vaccinated first. To see if this applies to you, visit the World Health Organisation’s website.
Lastly, you’re exempt from an eTA in the following cases:
- If you’re Australian.
- If you’re entering as a guest of the New Zealand government.
- If you’re a foreign citizen travelling under the Antarctic Treaty.
- If you’re a crew member of a visiting force.
- If you’re a crew member or passenger on a non-cruise ship.
- If you’re a crew member on a foreign ship carrying cargo.
New Zealand Visa Forms and Documents
- To apply for your travel authorisation with Byevisa, just click the button below.
You’ll be taken to our simple application form, where you enter some personal and passport details, such as:
- Your email address, so that we can send you your valid pass.
- Your intended arrival and exit dates from New Zealand.
- Your phone number, to contact you if need be.
- Your last name, middle name if applicable, and first name.
- Your gender.
- Your nationality, as it appears on your passport.
- Your birthday.
- Your country of birth.
- Your country of residence.
- Your passport number.
- Your passport issue and expiry dates.
- The visa you’re requesting (in this case, a 2-year, Multiple Entry eTA).
- The country where your passport was issued.
- Your National Identification Number, if you have one.
- If you’ve ever been known by a different name.
- Your city of birth.
- Your reason for travelling to New Zealand.
- If you’re a permanent resident of Australia.
- If you’ve ever been removed, excluded or deported from another country.
- If you’re currently banned from entering New Zealand, following deportation.
- If you’ve ever been arrested or convicted of an offense or willful crime.
Be sure to enter these details for yourself and for everyone you’re travelling with.
2. When you’ve entered these details, select which Byevisa service you require. This depends on how fast you want your travel pass. We offer the following options:
- Standard for USD 25.00 per applicant. You receive your waiver in 1 business day.
- Rapid service. You receive it in 4 hours (available soon).
- Highly Rapid service. You receive it in just 30 minutes (available soon).
Please note that Byevisa’s processing fees are in addition to the New Zealand government’s visa costs. We charge these to make your application on your behalf and save you the time and effort of doing this. So you won’t have to visit the embassy or fill in long forms by hand!
3. The last step is to pay for your application. To do this, just enter the following details:
- Your name as it appears on your debit/credit card.
- Your debit/credit card number.
- Your debit/credit card’s expiry month and year.
- The 3-digit CVC security code on the back of your card.
Alternatively, you can pay by PayPal.
It’s as simple as that! You receive your valid eTA in the email inbox you’ve given us.
Visa for New Zealand Status Check
To check the status of your travel authorisation with Byevisa, you can click the correct section at the top of the page to see:
- If your travel document has been approved.
- If it’s been rejected.
- When it becomes or became valid.
- When it expires.
How Much Is a New Zealand Visa?
The visitor authorisation costs USD 47.00. This includes the price of the visa itself, plus the New Zealand government’s tourist levy. The kiwi administration charges this, both to maintain the country’s tourism infrastructure and the natural environment.
In addition, you pay Byevisa’s fee to process your application on your behalf. This saves you the time and effort of doing this, so you can focus on planning your trip! Our processing fee depends on how fast you want your kiwi waiver, and we offer the following options:
- You’ll receive your waiver in 1 business day, with our Standard service for USD 25.00 each.
- You’ll receive it in 4 hours, with our Rapid service (available soon).
- You’ll receive it in just 30 minutes, with our Highly Rapid service (available soon).
More New Zealand Visa Questions and Information
Please find below more helpful information about applying for the New Zealand eTA. If you have any questions we’ve not answered on this page, then feel free to contact us!