If you’re planning to visit Asia on holiday, you may be considering making Sri Lanka a stop on your tour. This teardrop-shaped country has it all, from a fascinating culture to beautiful beaches, but you need to be aware that you need to obtain a travel authorisation to allow you to enter the country legally.
Here at Byevisa, we make it easy and convenient to apply for a Sri Lanka visa in Australia online. Here we give you the information you need.
- 1 Do I Need a Visa for Sri Lanka From Australia?
- 2 How Much is a Visa for Sri Lanka From Australia?
- 3 How to Get a Visa for Sri Lanka in Australia
- 4 What Are the Sri Lanka Visa Requirements for Australian Citizens?
- 5 How Long is a Visa for Sri Lanka From Australia Valid For?
- 6 What Questions Are on the Sri Lanka Visa Application From Australia?
- 7 Sri Lanka Visa for Australian Citizens FAQs
- 8 More About the Sri Lanka Visa Application in Australia
Do I Need a Visa for Sri Lanka From Australia?
Yes, all Australian citizens arranging a trip to this country must apply for the appropriate travel authorisation before setting off on their holiday. The good news is that Byevisa makes it a breeze to complete the application process quickly from any online device.
The correct type of document for Australians visiting the country for a short period of 30 days or less as a tourist is the ETA (Electronic Travel Authorisation). There are 3 types of ETA:
- Tourist: double entry for 30 days.
- Business: double entry for 30 days.
- Transit: up to 2 days.
Byevisa can help you to apply online so you can get your trip off to the best start.
How Much is a Visa for Sri Lanka From Australia?
The Sri Lanka visa in Australia costs 35 USD for tourists and 42 USD for business travellers. This is the amount charged by the country’s government. Children aged under the age of 12 years do not have to pay this fee, nor do those who apply for a transit ETA.
Byevisa also charges an additional administration fee for processing your paperwork. The cost depends on whether you opt for our Standard, Rapid or Highly Rapid processing speed.
How to Get a Visa for Sri Lanka in Australia
To obtain your visa to Sri Lanka from Australia, just complete the simple online application form here on the Byevisa website.
Once you’ve entered your personal and passport details, just select the speed at which you want to receive the authorisation and pay the fee using your debit or credit card. When you receive the email with your authorisation, print it out and take it along with you on your holiday.
What Are the Sri Lanka Visa Requirements for Australian Citizens?
When you apply, you need:
- Your valid passport with a minimum of 6 months’ validity remaining on the date of your arrival in the country.
- Your valid email address to receive your emailed document.
- A credit or debit card, or PayPal account.
When you arrive to the country, you must show:
- Your passport.
- Your ETA (this is the eVisa document you can get with Byevisa).
- A confirmed ticket proving you will leave the country before the visa expires.
- Evidence of sufficient funds to cover your expenses for the entirety of your stay.
How Long is a Visa for Sri Lanka From Australia Valid For?
The eTA remains valid for a period of up to 180 days after the date of issue. Remember, you can visit for up to 30 days with a Tourist or Business ETA, or up to 2 days with a Transit ETA.
What Questions Are on the Sri Lanka Visa Application From Australia?
There are a number of questions you need to answer on the application form when applying for an ETA. These include:
- Your first and last names.
- Details of your passport including the expiry date and number.
- Your country of birth and nationality.
- Your gender.
- Your phone number and home address.
- An email address where you want to receive your travel document.
Sri Lanka Visa for Australian Citizens FAQs
If you’re ready to start arranging your visa to Sri Lanka from Australia, you should now have most of the information you require to get you started with the online application process. However, we understand that in some cases you need a little more advice, so read on to get more answers to your queries.
Is There a Transit Visa for Sri Lanka From Australia?
Yes. Australians planning to transit through one of the country’s airports on their way to another destination need to apply for a Transit ETA. This authorisation allows you to remain in the country for a period of up to 2 days.
Is There a Sri Lanka Visa on Arrival for Australian Citizens?
Although it is possible to obtain a VoA as an Australian citizen on arrival in the country, this is not the recommended option. This is because the fee is higher when you wait until after you have landed in the country and also because you have to wait in a queue at immigration on arrival, which is time-consuming and stressful.
Is Sri Lanka Safe for Australians?
As an Australian heading off to this country on holiday, you can rest assured that you are likely to have an extremely safe and enjoyable trip. The crime rate against tourists in this country is very low, so you will almost certainly have a stress and trouble-free time.
The only difficulty you are likely to encounter is the possibility of pickpockets around popular tourist sites. Make sure to keep valuables out of view and money in an inside pocket in these areas.
More About the Sri Lanka Visa Application in Australia
We hope you now have the details you need to begin making a visa application through our site here. But if you need more advice or information, our Sri Lankan visas page should be your first port of call. You can also read our visit Sri Lanka page too.