Are you a resident of the United Arab Emirates looking to travel to the culturally rich country of Armenia? Well, you’ve come to the right place!
To organise a trip to see incredible natural wonders such as Mount Ararat or the Dilijan National Park, you will first need to check if you require a visa.
Travellers looking for information on the Armenia visa from Dubai will fall into 1 of 2 categories.
Either, you are an Emirati looking into travelling to this destination. Or, you are a citizen of another country, currently residing in Dubai or any of the other 6 Emirates, and want to organise a trip here.
The good news for citizens of the Emirates is that you don’t require a travel visa to visit here. For other Emirates residents who aren’t nationals, the requirements and process vary depending on your nationality.
Whatever your status, we have compiled all the information you need to know right here so you can plan your holiday to visit the `Pink City’ of Yerevan, one of the oldest inhabited cities in the world, and other spectacular sights. If you require an eVisa to visit, you can apply with Byevisa, no standing in line at an embassy for you!
- 1 Do UAE Residents Need a Visa to Visit Armenia?
- 2 Entry Requirements for UAE Residents With an Emirati Passport
- 3 Armenia Visa Requirements for UAE Residents (Non-Nationals)
- 4 Breakdown of Cost of Armenia Visa for Eligible Nationalities
- 5 How to Apply for an Armenia eVisa
- 6 FAQs Armenia Visa for UAE Residents
- 7 More Information for Travellers
Do UAE Residents Need a Visa to Visit Armenia?
As mentioned above, this depends on whether you are also classed as a citizen of the United Arab Emirates.
An Armenia visa from the UAE is not required for Emirates citizens who are visiting the country for tourism purposes for a stay up to 180 days.
The visa exemption applies to Emirati nationals and to citizens of around 60 other countries too. This includes Americans, Brits and Australians.
If you are a resident of one of the 7 Emirates, but not a citizen of the UAE or another visa-exempt country, then the situation is slightly different.
We look at this in more detail below in the “Armenia Visa Requirements for UAE Residents (Non-Nationals)” section.
Entry Requirements for UAE Residents With an Emirati Passport
Although you don’t need to apply for a visa if you are a UAE citizen visiting this landlocked Caucasian country as a tourist, you will still need to meet some standard requirements.
- Your passport should be valid for at least 6 months from the date of entry into Armenia.
- Transiting through here on the way to another country? You must present tickets and a visa (if required) to your final destination.
If you don’t hold a UAE passport but you are an Emirates resident, your eligibility depends on your nationality. Use our handy visa checker on the upper-right hand side of this page if you are unsure.
Below we detail the eligibility for Indians living in the UAE.
Armenia Visa Requirements for UAE Residents (Non-Nationals)
UAE residents who don’t have an Emirati passport but fall under one of the nationalities eligible for the Armenia eVisa can apply for the eVisa with Byevisa. Indians are an example of one eligible nationality.
As well as holding a passport from a qualifying country, you will also need to meet the following requirements:
- Your passport should be valid for at least 6 months from when you plan to leave Armenia.
- You must enter the country via one of the following authorised checkpoints:
– Ayrum train station.
– Gogavan land border point with Georgia.
– Meghri land border with Iran.
– Zvartnots International Airport in Yerevan.
- You must provide us with a digital scan of the following documents:
– Your passport photo page.
– The personal bio page of your passport.
We also recommend that you provide additional supporting documents as part of your application such as your plane tickets, hotel reservation confirmation and bank statements to prove you have the funds to cover your trip.
Breakdown of Cost of Armenia Visa for Eligible Nationalities
The cost for an eVisa valid for 90 days is 7 USD. A pass to visit for 120 days has a fee of 33 USD.
You must also pay a processing fee for using the Byevisa service. The charge varies depending on how quickly you need to receive your authorisation.
How to Apply for an Armenia eVisa
Now that you have all the information about requirements and cost, you are ready to apply for your eVisa!
Please note, this documentation is only valid for travellers visiting the country for one of the following purposes:
- Tourism (including attending a sports event).
- Education including attending a conference.
- Receiving medical treatment.
- Visiting a friend or relative.
There are 2 e-Visas which you can apply for:
- A 21-day pass that is valid for 90 days from when you obtain it.
- A 120-day pass that is valid for 180 days.
Important: you must apply for your documentation at least 3 business days in advance of your trip.
The process is as follows:
- Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button and enter your passport and personal details including your passport number and your passport’s expiry date.
- Enter your contact details for your stay in Armenia and provide us with a valid email address to send your pass too.
- Select which processing speed you require (we offer Standard, Rapid and Highly Rapid services to cater to all travellers).
- Pay for your application using a debit or credit card or your PayPal account.
- Once you’ve paid, you need to upload the supporting documents mentioned above so everything is clear as crystal.
It’s as easy as that! You will then receive your authorised travel pass in your email inbox within the specified time frame.
FAQs Armenia Visa for UAE Residents
Still got a burning question about travelling to the home of the world’s oldest winery, “Areni-1”? Read on for more useful information to help you plan your trip with ease.
Armenia Visa for Indian UAE Residents
Indian nationals with residency in the UAE are eligible for the eVisa. Indians who don’t have residency are not though.
To qualify, you will need to show evidence of a valid United Arab Emirates residence permit with all your personal information included.
Find out more about the Armenia visa for Indian citizens here.
Can Filipinos Living in Dubai Apply for an Armenia Visa?
Citizens of the Philippines residing in Dubai or any of the other Emirates are eligible for the electronic travel authorisation when travelling to this destination. You can apply for this following the procedure described above.
How Many Hours to Fly From the UAE to Armenia?
The total flight duration from Dubai to Yerevan is 2 hours, 55 minutes. There is no time difference between these countries so you won’t need to adjust your watch when you arrive.
Is It Safe to Visit Armenia?
This country is becoming an increasingly popular destination for tourists and you are likely to feel very safe here as crime levels are low. Regardless, it is advised to take necessary precautions to avoid being pickpocketed.
More Information for Travellers
We hope you have found all the information you need and are excited to explore this often underrated country! If you have any further questions ahead of your adventure to the Southern Caucasus Mountains, you can find more information on our Armenia eVisa page.
You can also find more useful tips for tourists over on our “Visit Armenia” page.