This island nation is best known for its beautiful white sandy beaches lined with palm trees and its coral reefs. Whether you’re looking for adventure or relaxation, you are sure to find it here. Learn some quick facts about this country ahead of your stay:
- There are more than 300 islands in Fiji, but only about 100 are inhabited. 87% of the population live on the 2 major islands, Viti Levu and Vanua Levu. The capital city of Suva is located on Viti Levu.
- Fiji is located in the South Pacific Ocean. It is about 1,960 miles (3,152 km) west of Sydney, Australia and 1,300 miles (2,100 km) north of Auckland, New Zealand.
- The official languages here are English, Fijan and Fijan Hindi. Most people speak English as well as another language.
- Top sites for tourism include the Mamanuca Islands, Nadi, the Coral Coast, Denarau Island and Taveuni Island. Scuba diving is a popular activity.
- The Fiji dollar (code: FJD) is the currency used throughout the country. The easiest currencies to exchange are Australian, New Zealand or US dollars.
Take a look at the articles below for more travel information.