Visit Costa Rica
Ready for a slice of ‘pura vida’? Literally meaning ‘pure life’, this common Costa Rican saying can be used to say ‘hello’, ‘goodbye’, ‘no problem’, ‘I am well’, and ‘that’s life’! This phrase embodies the laid-back, peaceful nature of Costa Rica. Here are some other things to know about this destination:
- This Central American country has around 800 miles (1,290 km) of coastline on the Caribbean Sea and Pacific Ocean, ideal for beach lovers. It is located between Nicaragua and Panama.
- Costa Rica has environmental policies in place. About a quarter of its land area is protected in national parks, reserves and wildlife refuges.
- Celebrated for its incredible biodiversity and beautiful beaches, jungles and volcanoes, Costa Rica is one of the world’s top destinations for ecotourism.
- The official language here is Spanish, but English is commonly spoken across the country.
- The local currency is the colón (code: CRC), but US dollars are also widely accepted.
Check out the articles below for useful information about visiting this natural paradise.