An eVisa is required. We can assist in processing this document.
Travel Document Type
eVisa (21 days)
Byevisa Processing Fee
3 business days
Travel Document Type
eVisa (120 days)
Byevisa Processing Fee
3 business days
All About the Armenia eVisa
Do you plan to travel to Armenia in the foreseeable future? If so, depending on your nationality, you’re eligible to apply for an Electronic Visa (eVisa). This online system enables you to apply for your travel authorisation in advance and receive it in your email inbox, no muss no fuss.
So no longer will you have to visit the embassy, wait in long queues, or fill in complicated forms by hand. Instead, all you have to do when you catch your flight and at Armenia’s border checkpoint is present your valid eVisa, either a printed copy or on your smartphone, as well as your valid passport.
Armenia’s government has introduced 2 types of e-Visa, depending on how long you want to visit the country. The first enables you to stay there for 21 days in a 90 day period, while the second lets you visit for 120 days in a 180 day period.
Both these Electronic Visas are Single Entry only, meaning you can only use them to enter the country once, rather than enter and exit repeatedly. Below, we’ll explain how you can obtain your travel pass quickly and easily with Byevisa’s convenient online service.
- 1 What Is the Difference Between a Armenia e-Visa vs a Visa On Arrival (VoA)?
- 2 Armenia Visa Requirements and Eligibility
- 3 Armenia Visa Online Application Process
- 4 Armenia e-Visa Forms and Documents
- 5 e-Visa for Armenia Status Check
- 6 How Much Does The Armenia Visa Cost?
- 7 More Armenia Visa Online Questions and Information
What Is the Difference Between a Armenia e-Visa vs a Visa On Arrival (VoA)?
The Armenia e-Visa enables you to apply for and receive your travel pass online before you travel. You can do so from any electronic device, whether that’s your computer, tablet or mobile, from anywhere you like, at home or the office.
You simply enter a few personal and passport details, choose which Armena eVisa you’d like, and it arrives pre-approved in your email inbox. So in brief, this is a comfortable, digital system to obtain your travel authorisation, without the need to visit the embassy or fill in forms by hand.
By comparison, you apply for and obtain the Visa on Arrival (VoA) when you arrive in the country. This way, you have to fill in paper forms by hand, wait in long queues to submit your documents, and talk to immigration checkpoint staff. Moreover, you’ve not obtained your Armenia travel authorisation in advance, so there’s that extra degree of uncertainty. In short, the eVisa is simpler, faster and easier.
Armenia Visa Requirements and Eligibility
Please note that you’re exempt from needing an Armenia e-Visa if you’re a citizen of countries including: the United States, United Kingdom, European Union, Australia and New Zealand. For the full list, please consult our eligibility checker tool here.
In this case, you can visit this country for up to 180 days in any calendar year without a travel pass.
If you’re not exempt, then you may be eligible for an Electronic Visa. Citizens of the following countries can apply for this online travel pass:
Antigua and Barbuda
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Democratic People’s Republic of Korea
Lao People’s Democratic Republic
Papua New Guinea
Saint Christopher and Nevis
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Sovereign Military Order of Malta
Trinidad and Tobago
*Please note that Indian citizens are only eligible for the Armenian e-Visa if you hold a residence permit from one of the following countries: Australia, Bahrain, Canada, Japan, Korea, Kuwait, New Zealand, Oman, Qatar, Russia, Schengen States, UAE, UK, USA.
If you’re eligible, you’re allowed to enter Armenia with your eVisa for the purposes of: attending a sports event or cultural conference, business, education, receiving medical treatment, visiting a relative, or tourism.
To apply, you’ll need the following:
- Some personal and passport details, like your name and a valid email address.
- A passport that’s valid for at least 6 months from when you plan to exit Armenia.
- A digital scan of your passport photo.
- A digital scan of your passport’s personal bio page.
Please note that you must apply for your eVisa at least 3 business days before your trip. Also, you’re only eligible to enter the country at one of the following authorised checkpoints:
- Ayrum railway station
- Gogavan land borders with the Republic of Georgia
- Meghri land border with Iran
- Zvartnots International Airport
If you’re entering Armenia from a country at risk of yellow fever, you’ll first need to be vaccinated. To see if this applies to you, visit the World Health Organisation’s page.
Armenia Visa Online Application Process
To obtain your electronic travel pass for this country is simple. You just:
- Check if you’re eligible, with our convenient tool above.
- Ensure you’ve got the required travel documents, like a passport that’s valid for 6 months from when you exit the country. You can find the full list of required documents above in our ‘Armenia Visa Requirements and Eligibility’ section.
- Choose which e-Visa you’re applying for. Armenia offers 2 travel passes, namely: (1) pass for 21 days that’s valid for 90 days, (2) pass for 120 days that’s valid for 180 days. To explain this, let’s say that you opt for the first pass, and obtain it on January 1st. In this case, your visa will be valid up to March 31st. So in this 3 month period, between these 2 dates, you can visit the country for up to 21 days (3 weeks).
- Click ‘Apply Now’, where you’ll be taken to the personal and passport information form. Here, you enter your details, such as (1) your full name, (2) your nationality, (3) your passport number.
- Choose which Byevisa service you require, depending on how fast you want to obtain your visa. We offer Standard, Rapid and Highly Rapid services. To see how fast you can obtain your visa and how much it costs, please see our ‘Armenia e-Visa Forms and Documents’ section below.
- Pay for your application by entering your credit/debit card details, or by PayPal.
It’s that simple! You then receive your valid travel authorisation in your email inbox.
Armenia e-Visa Forms and Documents
1. To obtain your Electronic Visa for this country, first enter your nationality to see if you’re eligible. If you are, you’ll see:
- The government’s eVisa fee of 7-33 USD, depending on which pass you apply for.
- Byevisa’s fee of 20 USD, and our processing time of 3 business days.
2. Click ‘Apply Now’ to go to the form to enter your personal and passport details, namely:
- Your email address so that we can send you your travel pass.
- Your intended entry and exit dates from Armenia.
- Your phone number.
- Your first name, middle name if applicable and last name.
- Your gender.
- Your nationality, as it appears in your passport.
- Your birthday.
- The country where you were born.
- The country where you reside.
- Your passport number.
- Your passport issue date and expiry date.
- The type of eVisa you’re applying for (a 21-day pass or 120-day pass).
- Your reason for travel (tourism, business, medical appointment etc.)
3. Then, you choose how fast you want to receive your authorisation. Byevisa offers you the following handy options. Please note that, in the case of Armenia, you must apply for your travel pass at least 3 business days before you intend to travel.
- Standard service: 20 USD fee to receive your visa in 7 business days.
- Rapid service: 40 USD fee to receive it in 5 business days.
- Highly Rapid service: 60 USD fee to receive it in 3 business days.
4. Lastly, pay for your eVisa application. Just enter the following and click the ‘Payment’ button.
- Your name as it appears on your debit/ credit card.
- Your debit/credit card number.
- Your debit/credit card’s expiry month and year.
- The 3-digit CVC security code on the back of your card.
You can also pay by PayPal. To do this, click the ‘PayPal’ button and log into your account.
You receive your Electronic Visa in your email inbox. We recommend that you print a copy to take with you, to show to the airport check-in staff and border authorities.
e-Visa for Armenia Status Check
There’s an easy way to check the status of your travel pass application with Byevisa:
1. At the top of this page, click the ‘Status’ button, then enter your details and enquiry. You can find out:
- Whether your application has been approved.
- Whether it’s yet to be processed (pending).
- Your visa’s initial date and expiry date, as well as how many days it remains valid for.
- Whether your pass has been rejected, and why if we know.
If you’re contacting us to find out the status of your application, please only do so if and when the stated timeframe has expired. For example, if you’ve requested our Standard service for 7 business days, please only contact us once this timeframe has passed.
How Much Does The Armenia Visa Cost?
The cost of this travel document is the following:
- The government’s 7 USD for a 90-day pass.
- The government’s 33 USD for a 180-day pass.
- Byevisa’s Standard service fee of 20 USD to get your authorisation in 7 business days.
- Byevisa’s Rapid service fee of 40 USD to get it in 5 business days.
- Byevisa’s Highly Service service fee of 60 USD to get it in 3 business days.
So how much you pay will depend on which e-Visa you want and how fast you want it. For example, if you apply for the 90-day pass with our Highly Rapid service, you’ll pay the government’s fee of 7 USD, plus our processing fee of 60 USD.
The advantage of Byevisa’s service is that you don’t have to visit the embassy to obtain your visa, nor wait in any long queues at Armenia’s border for a Visa on Arrival.
More Armenia Visa Online Questions and Information
Please find below more information about this Electronic Visa. If you have any questions we’ve not answered here, don’t hesitate to contact us! We’ll be delighted to assist.
In addition, Byevisa charges a processing cost to handle your application’s paperwork for you. Our Standard service costs 20 USD to get your eVisa in 7 business days, our Rapid service costs 40 USD to get it in 5 days, and our Highly Rapid service costs 60 USD to get it in 3 business days.