The ETIAS is coming soon. We can assist in processing this document once it’s available.
Travel Document Type
Byevisa Processing Fee
All About the ETIAS for Spain
Please be aware that the European Travel Information and Authorisation System (ETIAS) is scheduled to be implemented in late 2022 and becomes required in 2023. Byevisa has compiled the key information about this new requirement so you will know what to expect for any upcoming trips.
Are you dreaming of basking in the sun on the Mediterranean coast or gazing up at the curved architecture of Barcelona? Before you pack your bags, it’s essential that you take care of getting the correct travel authorisation so you are allowed to board your plane.
Before 2022, citizens of around 60 countries, including the United States, Canada and Australia, were permitted to travel to this sunny destination without getting any type of authorisation beforehand. However, now you must be screened by the European Travel Information and Authorisation System (ETIAS) before you go.
Luckily, applying for your ETIAS authorisation for Spain can be done quickly online with a little help from Byevisa.
Read on to learn all about this new type of travel pass. Among other things, you can find out which nationalities are eligible, how long you can stay and how to apply for the Spain visa you need.
Difference Between Spain ETIAS and Spain Visa
There are around 60 countries whose citizens are eligible for the ETIAS. This authorisation allows you to travel to Spain and other countries in the Schengen Area for up to 90 days in any 180 day period. It is valid for 3 years, and you can take as many trips as you want during that time. You must be travelling for tourism, transit, business or medical or transit purposes to use this type of pass.
To see if you are eligible, you can use our visa checker tool, or see the list of which countries need the ETIAS to travel to Spain in our ‘Eligible Countries’ section below.
On the other hand, if you are planning to travel for a different reason, or to stay in the country for longer than 90 days at a time, you need a different type of authorisation. This may be a Spain student visa, a residence and work permit or other, depending on your situation.
You may also need a traditional visa if you are from a country that is not eligible for the ETIAS. In this case, if you need a Spain tourist visa, you can apply for the Schengen visa, which you can use to travel to any country in the Schengen zone.
If you are eligible, applying for your ETIAS is much easier and has far fewer requirements than getting a traditional visa.
ETIAS Application Process for Spain
Preparing your ETIAS Spain visa application is easy with Byevisa. Here are the basic steps you need to follow:
- Click “Apply Now” at the top of this page and choose your country of origin and destination. This automatically takes you to the form you need to apply for your Spain visa.
- Fill in the online form. You need to enter some personal details, such as your full name and your date of birth. Make sure to have your passport (or a copy) close at hand so you can enter information like your passport number and expiration date.
- Choose a processing speed. Byevisa offers 3 options based on how quickly you need your visit visa: X, X or X days.
- Select a method of payment. We accept credit card, debit card or PayPal.
- Double-check all of your information. When you’re ready, click ‘Submit’.
- Sign in to the email account you provided during application to see that Byevisa has sent you a message to let you know that your application has been received.
- Lean back and put your feet up as Byevisa takes care of the heavy lifting. Your work here is done!
- When the processing time has passed, check your email and see your ETIAS approval in your inbox. Print out a copy and take it with you to the airport. ¡Vamos!
Spain ETIAS Requirements for Eligible Countries
Do you need a visa to go to Spain? If you have a passport from one of the countries listed below, you must apply for the ETIAS before you leave home to visit the birthplace of paella:
Antigua and Barbuda
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Federated States of Micronesia
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Trinidad and Tobago
United Arab Emirates
The Spain visa requirements for getting the ETIAS are simple:
- You must apply using a passport from an eligible country that remains valid for at least 6 months after the day you arrive.
- You must be travelling for tourism, transit, business or medical reasons.
- You must answer some security questions, like whether you’ve ever been convicted of a crime or terrorist act. The European Travel Information and Authorisation System will check your information against international watch lists and police databases, like Europol and Interpol, to ensure that you do not pose a security threat.
Once your application is approved, Byevisa sends the official confirmation document to your email inbox. We recommend that you print a copy and take it with you when you travel, although the authorisation is also linked to your passport electronically. You can print it out as many times as you need during the 3 year validity period.
ETIAS – Form and Documents for Travel to Spain
With Byevisa, filling out the ETIAS Spain visa application form is easy and straightforward, with spaces for you to fill in the following information:
- Your first name, last name and middle name, if you have one.
- Your gender.
- Your birth date and place you were born.
- Your nationality.
- Your current country of residence and street address.
- Your passport number, date of issue and date of expiry.
- The date you intend to arrive.
- The email address where you want Byevisa to send your tourist visa.
- A phone number where you can be contacted if necessary.
Please make sure that all of the information has been entered correctly before advancing. If you become aware of any errors after you submit, please contact us as soon as possible. We will be happy to make any necessary changes if we can, but if we have already processed your application, you will have to make a new application and pay the corresponding fee.
Once you have confirmed that all information you provided is correct and matches the details on your passport, you can move on to the next section of the form.
You are asked a few security questions to ensure that you do not represent a threat to public safety.
Then, you decide how quickly you would like to receive your Spain travel visa:
- Standard service: Have your document in hand in just X days for X amount.
- Rapid service: Have it in X days for X amount.
- Highly Rapid service: Have it in X days for X amount.
Lastly, use a valid credit or debit card and provide your payment details, or use a Paypal account.
- Name on credit or debit card, card number, expiry date and CVV security code.
- PayPal account.
Click ‘Submit’ and you are all set. There’s no need to provide a copy of your passport, photo or any other visa documents, nor do you need to make a visa appointment.
Byevisa sends your ETIAS to the email address you provided within the timeframe you selected.
ETIAS Spain – Status Check
Once you apply for your Spain visa, the convenient Byevisa service does all of the work for you so you don’t have to lift a finger. You can rest assured knowing that we send your travel document directly to your email inbox as soon as it’s ready.
In the meantime, you can check the status of your Spain visa online by clicking the ‘Status’ button at the top of this page. Type your name and email into the form provided, tell us what you’d like to know, then click ‘Submit’. Our customer service team will reply with the relevant information as soon as we can.
That said, if you’re getting in touch to check if your application has been approved, please only do so once your selected processing timeframe has expired. For example, if you selected the Rapid service to receive your tourist pass in X days, please wait until day X+1 before you ask for assistance.
On the other hand, if you’re filling in the form because you made a mistake on your application and you want to correct it, contact us right away. If we’re yet to process your application, we’ll amend the error, free of charge.
How Much is an ETIAS for Spain?
If you’re wondering about how much your Spain visa costs, you will be happy to learn that the price of the ETIAS is only X USD.
On top of the visit visa fee, there is a Byevisa service cost that varies according to the processing speed you select.
- Standard: X amount to get your electronic authorisation in X days.
- Rapid: X amount to get it in X days.
- Highly Rapid: X amount to get it in X days.
For example, if you choose the Standard service, the total cost will be X.
ETIAS Spain FAQs
If you still have some questions about this new type of travel requirement, fear not! This section is dedicated to answering the most common queries you may be wondering about before getting your Spain eVisa online.
However, please be aware that not all European countries are in the Schengen zone. For example, your authorisation does not cover the United Kingdom. Please find a complete description of where you can travel here.