The ETIAS is coming soon. We can assist in processing this document once it’s available.
Travel Document Type
Byevisa Processing Fee
All About the ETIAS for Greece
You cannot apply for the European Union’s ETIAS (which stands for European Travel Information and Authorisation System) until the system goes live in late 2022, and it’s required from 2023. Until then, here’s everything you need to know in advance about this new travel permission to visit both Greece as well as the other 25 Member States of Europe’s Schengen Area.
Are you planning a trip to Greece, home of the Acropolis, Parthenon and Sanctuary of Delphi? If so, if you’re from a non-Schengen zone or EU country that previously didn’t need permission to enter this Mediterranean country, you must now apply for the European Union’s ETIAS (European Travel Information and Authorisation System). This includes Americans, Brits, Australians, Canadians, Japanese, and citizens of around 60 other countries.
With this travel pass, you can enter Greece for up to 90 days (3 months) during each 180 day (6 month) period. Your new travel pass is valid for 3 years, and it’s Multiple Entry, meaning that you can enter and exit the Schengen Area repeatedly during your stay, perhaps to visit nearby Turkey over the Aegean Sea.
The application process is entirely online and you can apply using any electronic device. Below we tell you how to obtain yours with Byevisa’s convenient service.
Difference Between Greece ETIAS and Greece Visa
The first difference between the ETIAS and a traditional Greece visa is that the new travel pass is completely digital. You just type some basic details about yourself and your travel party into our online form, select how fast you’d like your document to arrive by email, pay for your application, and that’s it. So there’s no need to visit the embassy or consulate.
Another thing that distinguishes the ETIAS from an old-fashioned visa is that only citizens of countries that until recently didn’t require permission to enter Greece need this digital travel pass, such as nationals of the United States, United Kingdom, Singapore and Israel.
If you’re from a country that’s not eligible for the ETIAS, such as India, China or South Africa, then you may be eligible for what’s called the Schengen Visa Greece. Find out more here.
Lastly, if you’re a citizen of a European Union or Schengen Area Member State, you don’t need any authorisation to travel to another Member State. Here’s the complete list of countries:
- Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain and Sweden.
ETIAS Greece Visa Requirements for Eligible Nationalities
To see ‘do you need a visa to go to Greece?’, simply enter your nationality and destination country into our visa eligibility checker tool here:
You’ll see right away if you can acquire the ETIAS, the Schengen Visa, or whether you need another visa from the embassy.
Alternatively, find below the complete list of countries whose citizens can apply for the ETIAS:
Antigua and Barbuda
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Federated States of Micronesia
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Trinidad and Tobago
United Arab Emirates
Once you’ve confirmed that you can apply, the next step is to compile the information and documents you need to make your application with Byevisa. Here’s what you need:
- An email address. When you’ve applied we send you a confirmation email. Then, when your Greece tourist visa is approved we send you the valid document to your inbox too.
- Some personal details for yourself and all your travel companions. These include your full name, date of birth, planned entry date into Greece and current address. So if you don’t know these details for everyone you’re travelling with, ask in advance!
- Your security and medical background, such as whether you’ve ever been in prison. The EU asks for this information for its security databases, like Interpol.
- A passport with a minimum of 6 months’ validity remaining after you intend to arrive. You also need to type your passport’s number, issue date and expiry date into our form.
- A debit/credit card or PayPal account to pay for your application.
Greece Visa Application Process for the ETIAS
Applying for your travel permission with Byevisa is easy-peasy. You can do so from any electronic device, whether that’s your PC, tablet or mobile, and it takes just a few short minutes. Here are the steps you take:
- In the form at the top of this page, select your nationality and destination country (Greece) from the drop-down menus. You see then if you can apply for this pass.
- Click on ‘Apply Now’, and on the next page you enter your details for yourself and all your travel companions. To see all the details you add, visit our ‘Forms and Documents’ section below. Be sure to enter your details to match your passport.
- Select how fast you want to acquire your document in your inbox. You can choose from our Standard (X days), Rapid (X days) and Highly Rapid (X days) delivery options.
- Pay with your debit or credit card, or by PayPal.
Click ‘Submit’ and you’re done! Your valid document arrives in your email inbox. This travel permission is electronically tied to your passport, so technically there’s no need to print a paper copy to take with you. However, we advise that you do so just in case.
ETIAS – Form and Documents to Visit Greece
1. As part of your application with Byevisa, you fill in a simple form. Find below all the information you must enter, so that you’re prepared in advance. You need both your passport, plus these details for everyone you’re going to Greece with, so have them handy!
- Your email address.
- Your complete name.
- Your date of arrival.
- Your nationality.
- Your date of birth.
- Your country of birth.
- Your country of residence.
- Your passport number.
- Your passport’s issue and expiry dates.
- The visa you’re applying for.
- The first Schengen Area country you’re visiting (Greece).
- Your address.
- Your medical and security details for the EU’s databases.
All members of your travel party must obtain their own individual ETIAS. This includes children (minors under the age of 18), although they can be featured on your passport as the adult.
Double check your details to make sure they’re correct, as any mistakes could result in your application being delayed or rejected. If you notice that you made a mistake after you click ‘Submit’, contact us immediately to correct it.
2. Next, you select how fast to receive your ETIAS in your email inbox. Here are Byevisa’s 3 processing speeds for you to choose from:
- X days (Standard) delivery for a processing fee of X USD.
- X days (Rapid) delivery for a processing fee of X USD.
- X days (Highly Rapid) delivery for a processing fee of X USD.
3. Lastly, you pay for your application. To pay by a debit or credit card, type in these details:
- Your name as it’s written on your payment card.
- Your payment card’s 16-digit number.
- Your payment card’s expiry date.
- Your payment card’s security code.
To instead pay by PayPal, select the ‘PayPal’ logo.
When you’ve entered these details, click ‘Submit’ and that’s it! You can sit back and relax for your ETIAS to arrive, or get on with planning which Greek delicacies to try on your trip.
ETIAS Greece – Status Check
To find out the status of your application with Byevisa is straightforward and quick. You can find out a variety of details, such as how long your ETIAS remains valid for, or if your application was denied and why. Here’s how to find these details:
- Click the ‘Status’ button in Byevisa’s main menu bar.
- Enter your contact details and your enquiry as follows:
- Your full name.
- Your contact details for us to reply.
- The reason for your enquiry.
- Your enquiry in full.
- Click ‘Submit’ and a member of our customer support team will get back to you very quickly.
If you’re getting in touch to find out if your application has been approved, please only do so when the processing timeframe has expired. For instance, if you select our Rapid (X day) delivery, only contact us after X+1 days. Otherwise your application will still be in progress.
What’s the Greece Visa Fee for the ETIAS?
The European Union’s price for its new digital travel document is X USD. All applicants must pay this fee, except minors (children under 18) and adults over 70 for whom it’s free.
In addition, all applicants pay Byevisa’s processing fee for us to obtain your ETIAS for you. Our fees are: X USD for our Standard (X days) service, X USD for our Rapid (X days) service and X USD for our Highly Rapid (X days) service).
In total, you pay the EU’s X USD price plus Byevisa’s processing fee depending on the service speed you choose. For example, if you select our Highly Rapid service, the final fee is X USD (X USD EU price + X USD Byevisa processing charge).
ETIAS Greece FAQ
Are you eager to learn more about this travel pass for the land of moussaka, taramasalata and olives? If so, find below some of our most frequently asked questions and answers.