Please note that Byevisa is yet to offer the Canadian visa for Indians. We’ve supplied the following information for when we will.
A Canadian vacation is a popular choice among Indian citizens, whether it involves discovering the beautiful natural landscapes or the cosmopolitan cities like Vancouver and Toronto. If you’re an Indian heading off to Canada, you need to know that you’ve arranged your travel authorisation before setting off on your trip, otherwise you could face being denied entry when you arrive at the airport.
Luckily, Byevisa is here to simplify the application process for a Canada tourist visa for Indians thanks to our online service. Read on to find out everything you need to know to make your authorisation application as conveniently and swiftly as possible.
- 1 Do Indians Need a Visa for Canada?
- 2 Canada Tourist Visa Fees for Indians
- 3 Requirements for the Canada Tourist Visa for Indians
- 4 How to Apply for a Canada Visa for Indian Citizens
- 5 Is it Possible to Obtain a Visa on Arrival for Indians in Canada?
- 6 Canada Tourist Visa for Indians FAQs
- 7 Further Information About the Canadian Visa for Indians
Do Indians Need a Visa for Canada?
The first question that most Indians ask before travelling on a Canadian vacation is whether Indians need a visa for Canada. The answer to this question is yes, Indian citizens need to arrange for the appropriate travel authorisation to permit them to enter the country. Luckily, it’s possible to apply for an eVisa online through Byevisa for a smoother and more streamlined process.
Canada Tourist Visa Fees for Indians
You are required to pay a fee to obtain your tourist travel authorisation to visit Canada as an Indian traveller. This fee currently stands at 100.00 CAD (approximately 73.00 USD). Byevisa also charges an additional administration fee to process the paperwork for you.
Requirements for the Canada Tourist Visa for Indians
To apply for the Canada e-visa for Indian citizens, you need the following documentation:
- A passport with 6 months validity remaining on the date of entry into the country.
- 2 empty pages in your passport to receive the stamp.
- 3 recent passport photos.
- NOC (National Occupational Classification) form.
- Full travel itinerary of the trip including accommodation proof and confirmed air tickets.
- Evidence of financial means.
- Proof of your return ticket back to India.
- You may be required to prove that you have no criminal records.
- You may be required to show a medical certificate to prove you have no chronic disease.
- A cover letter to state your motive and purpose for travelling as well as the duration of your trip.
You also need to supply biometric information to the Canadian authorities in order for your travel authorisation to be processed and issued.
How to Apply for a Canada Visa for Indian Citizens
For Indians visiting Canada on vacation, applying for an eVisa before travelling is the best way to ensure a streamlined arrival in the country.
Make your application online on the Byevisa site by clicking on the “Apply for Visa” button below. You then need to enter the following information:
- Your email.
- Your intended entry and exit dates.
- Your full name as it appears on your passport.
- Your gender.
- Your nationality.
- Your birth date.
- The country in which you were born.
- The country where you currently reside.
- The passport number.
- The issue and expiry dates of your passport.
- Your arrival destination.
After completing the above, you select how quickly you need the authorisation to arrive. We offer Standard, Rapid or Highly Rapid services. Finally, enter your debit/credit card or PayPal details and click on “Make Payment”.
Is it Possible to Obtain a Visa on Arrival for Indians in Canada?
No, it’s not. Although it is possible for Indians to obtain a Visa on Arrival in some countries, unfortunately, Canada is not one of them. It is therefore essential for Indian citizens to make their eVisa application before travelling as entry will be refused on arrival without the appropriate paperwork.
Canada Tourist Visa for Indians FAQs
This travel authorisation for Indians going on a Canadian vacation has a validity period of 6 months. Visitors will receive a passport stamp to show the date by which they must leave the country.
Hopefully, you now have all the essential details that you need to facilitate your application for travel authorisation for your Canadian vacation. However, we have also answered a number of popular questions below.
Is There a Canada Multiple Entry Visa for Indians?
Yes, the Canadian tourist visa for Indian citizens allows holders to enter the country multiple times for a period of up to 6 months.
What is the Canada Visa for Indians With a US Visa?
If you’re an Indian citizen who has a US Green Card, you do not need to apply for the tourist visa in the same way as described above. Instead, you can enter the country with an ETA (Electronic Travel Authorisation). You can apply online with Byevisa for a cost of 7.00 USD plus processing. It is linked electronically to your passport.
Do Indians Need a Transit Visa for Canada?
Yes, Indian travellers who are transiting through Canada on their way to another final destination still need to make an application for the appropriate travel authorisation before setting off. There is a Canadian transit visa that Indian tourists must apply for if they will be having a layover in a Canadian airport, even if they don’t plan to leave the premises.
What Are the Photograph Requirements for Indian Citizens Travelling to Canada?
The photo requirements for Indian citizens who are applying for an eVisa are as follows:
- A size of 48mm in length and 33mm in width.
- A colour photo.
- The head must measure between 15mm and 22mm in width and 28mm and 33mm in length.
- It must have been taken in the last 6 months.
- The background must be light blue or solid, plain white.
- You must have a neutral expression.
- You should only wear thin-rimmed prescription glasses.
- No headgear should be worn except for religious purposes.
Further Information About the Canadian Visa for Indians
With luck, you now have been supplied with all the information you require to make your application for your Canadian eVisa as an Indian citizen. To learn more, please see our page about the Canada visitor visa or our visit Canada page and you’ll find even more useful guidance to help you.