The ETIAS is coming soon. We can assist in processing this document once it’s available.
Travel Document Type
Byevisa Processing Fee
All About the ETIAS for France
Please note that the ETIAS (European Travel Information and Authorisation System) will launch in late 2022 and become obligatory in 2023. It’s unavailable until then. In the meantime, below we’ve compiled all the information you need to know about this travel pass and how to get yours once it’s available, so read on!
Do you intend to travel to France, home of the Eiffel Tower, smelly cheeses and oo-la-la? If so, if you’re a citizen of a country that was previously exempt from needing a travel authorisation to visit, such as the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, Canada and Japan, then from 2023 you need what’s called an ETIAS (European Travel Information and Authorisation System) pass.
This is the European Union’s (EU) new system to regulate tourist visits to the area. With this pass, you can visit both France and any other of the Schengen zone’s 26 Member States, such as nearby Spain, Belgium or Germany. You can visit for up to 90 days within any 180 day period, and you can come and go repeatedly as the ETIAS is Multiple Entry. It’s valid for 3 years.
Applying online for your ETIAS with Byevisa takes just a few minutes and, after you do, your validated travel document arrives in your email inbox, ready for your trip.
- 1 What Distinguishes a France ETIAS From a France Visa?
- 2 France Visa Requirements for ETIAS Eligible Countries
- 3 ETIAS France Visa Application Steps
- 4 ETIAS – Form and Documents to Visit France
- 5 How to Check the Status of Your ETIAS France Application
- 6 What’s the Fee for the ETIAS France?
- 7 ETIAS France FAQ
What Distinguishes a France ETIAS From a France Visa?
First, you must obtain an ETIAS if you’re from a country that was previously exempt from needing a visa to visit the land of Paris, Marseille and Nice. This includes Americans, Britons, Australians, Canadians, Japanese and the citizens of around 60 other countries (for the full list, see our ‘France Visa Requirements for ETIAS Eligible Countries’ section below).
Second, the ETIAS differs from a traditional visa because the process is entirely online. You just type your personal and passport details into Byevisa’s online form, select how fast you want to obtain your authorisation, pay, et voila! it arrives in your email inbox.
You can apply for and obtain your authorisation from any electronic device from anywhere in the world. So no longer do you have to wait in line at the embassy or fill in long forms by hand.
France Visa Requirements for ETIAS Eligible Countries
To answer the question ‘Do I need a visa to go to France?’, consult our convenient eligibility checker tool here:
Alternatively, please see below the full list of ETIAS-eligible nationalities:
Antigua and Barbuda
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Federated States of Micronesia
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Trinidad and Tobago
United Arab Emirates
As part of your application, you need the following:
- An email address, so that we can send you your validated travel pass once you apply.
- To enter some personal and passport details, so that we can process your application.
- To answer some medical/security questions to check against the EU’s databases.
- A passport that’s valid for at least 6 months from your planned date of entry.
- A valid payment method, such as a debit/credit card or PayPal account.
Once your ETIAS is approved, it’s electronically linked to your passport. So when you catch your plane and arrive at the border checkpoint, all you need is your passport to show that you’re authorised to enter. However, at Byevisa we highly recommend that you print a paper copy of your ETIAS for France just in case, should you need to show it at any time.
Please note that if you’re ineligible for this France tourist visa, you need what’s called a Schengen Visa to enter. To find out more about the Schengen Visa and how to get yours, click here.
Lastly, if you’re a citizen of a European Union or Schengen Area country, you don’t need an ETIAS or any other visa to visit France. You’re free to visit as and when you like, so it’s your lucky day!
ETIAS France Visa Application Steps
Here are the steps for how to get a France visa with Byevisa. The whole process is online and takes just a few minutes, giving you more time to plan your visit to the Louvre!
1. From the form at the top of this page, select your nationality and your destination. The page will update and you’ll immediately see:
- If you’re eligible for the ETIAS.
- The EU’s X USD fee for its travel authorisation.
- Byevisa’s processing fee of X USD.
- Our France visa processing time of X days.
2. Click ‘Apply Now’ to go to our personal/passport form where you enter some basic details. You need your passport to complete the form, so be sure to have this handy!
3. Select how fast you want to receive your travel pass from among Byevisa’s 3 options. We offer (1) Standard, (2) Rapid and (3) Highly Rapid service if you’re in a rush.
4. Pay for your application by debit or credit card, or by PayPal.
ETIAS – Form and Documents to Visit France
1. Please find below the full list of personal and passport details you enter into Byevisa’s form:
- Your email address, for us to send you your ETIAS once your application is approved.
- Your planned arrival date.
- Your first name and last name, plus your middle name if you’ve got one.
- Your telephone number.
- Your gender.
- Your nationality as it appears on your passport.
- Your date of birth.
- Your country of birth.
- Your country of current residence.
- Your passport number.
- Your passport’s issue date.
- Your passport’s expiry date.
- The visa you’re applying for, in this case the France authorisation ETIAS.
- The first Schengen zone Member State that you’re visiting.
- Your physical address.
- Your medical and security background, such as if you’ve got a criminal record. This is for the EU to check against its security databases, such as Europol and Interpol.
Enter your own details and those of everyone you’re travelling with, including any children under 18 or seniors over 70. However, in this case the EU charges 0 USD for these applicants, and you only pay Byevisa’s processing charge for us to obtain their travel pass for you.
To enter the details for more than 1 applicant, click on ‘Add New Applicant’.
2. Next, select how fast to obtain your ETIAS in your email inbox from among these 3 options:
- Standard service: Get your travel pass for an X USD processing fee in X days.
- Rapid service: Get it for an X USD processing fee in X days.
- Highly Rapid service: Get it for an X USD processing fee in X days.
If you’ve left acquiring your travel pass to the last minute, our Highly Rapid service is ideal. It ensures your ETIAS is validated and ready in time for you to catch your flight to la France!
3. Pay for your application by credit/debit card by entering the following details:
- Your name as it is on your credit/debit card.
- Your credit/debit card number.
- Your credit/debit card expiry date.
- Your credit/debit card’s 3-digit security code, found on the back.
Click ‘Submit’ and you’re done! Your travel pass arrives in your email inbox in the timeframe you’ve chosen, and you’re ready to go.
How to Check the Status of Your ETIAS France Application
You can check your France visa application status with Byevisa at any time. Here’s how:
- In the main menu at the top of the page, click on the ‘Status’ button.
- Enter your contact details and enquiry as follows:
- Enter your full name.
- Enter your contact details, so that we can reply to your query.
- Enter the reason for your enquiry.
- Type your query in full.
- Click ‘Submit’ and we’ll get back to you with an answer as fast as we can.
- Among other things, you can check:
- If your application has been approved.
- Your travel pass’s issue date, expiry date, and how long it remains valid for.
- If your application remains pending.
- If your application was rejected, and the reason why if we know.
So this is a convenient method for France visa tracking!
If you’re contacting us because you’ve made a mistake in your application, please do so as soon as possible. If we’re yet to process your application, we’ll correct it free of charge. However, if you contact us too late, you must apply again and pay the corresponding fee.
What’s the Fee for the ETIAS France?
The fee is X USD for the EU’s visa price, plus from X USD to X USD for Byevisa’s processing charge, depending on which service speed you select.
So for example, let’s say that you apply for yourself and your spouse, and choose Byevisa’s Highly Rapid service with a processing fee of X USD. In this case you pay a total of X USD per person (X USD EU fee + X USD Byevisa processing fee) and X USD in total.
Please note that the EU charges 0 USD for children under 18 and adults over 70. However, you still pay Byevisa’s processing fee for us to handle your application.
ETIAS France FAQ
Do you want to know more about this travel pass to the country of baguettes, berets and the Champs Elysees? Then read on for our frequently asked questions and answers. If you have any questions we’ve not addressed here, feel free to get in touch!