The ETIAS is coming soon. We can assist in processing this document once it’s available.
Travel Document Type
Byevisa Processing Fee
All About the ETIAS Visa Waiver
The ETIAS (European Travel Information and Authorisation System) is expected to go live in late 2022 and won’t be obligatory until 2023. Until then, here’s everything you need to know about this pass, including who’s eligible, how much it costs, and how to apply with Byevisa.
The ETIAS (European Travel Information and Authorisation System) is the European Union’s upcoming electronic visa waiver system. Until now, nationalities including the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, Canada and Japan were exempt from needing a visa to travel to Europe.
However, with the introduction of the ETIAS citizens of these countries and others are obliged to apply online for an electronic travel authorisation. The application process is simple: you enter some personal details and it takes roughly 10 minutes.
This applies if you wish to visit any of the 26 countries that make up the Schengen Zone (at present, 22 EU countries, plus Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland, as well as 3 microstates, namely Monaco, San Marino and Vatican City).
The ETIAS travel pass is valid for up to 3 years. During your authorisation’s validity period, you can enter Europe multiple times for visits up to 90 days each within a 180-day period, for business, medical treatment, tourism or transit. Fortunately, this means that you won’t have to apply for this document each time you travel to the Schengen Zone during your authorisation’s validity period.
However, please note that if you intend to travel to Europe for another motive, such as to immigrate, work permanently or study in the EU, you need an alternative visa. Please ask at your nearest consulate for information about your relevant pass and how to get it.
Difference Between ETIAS Authorisation and Schengen Visa
The ETIAS is an upcoming travel pass intended for visits up to 90 days during any 180-day period to the 26 European countries that comprise the Schengen Zone. It’s intended for short-term trips for business, medical treatment, tourism or transit.
By ‘visits up to 90 days during any 180-day period’, we mean that, for example, you can’t visit for 90 days, hop to Morocco and back, then visit for another 90 days during the same 180-day period.
You need one if you’re a citizen of a country that was previously exempt from needing a visa to travel to Europe, like the UK, USA, Australia or Canada. You can apply for this pass online, and it’s expected to be a short, easy process.
By comparison, you apply for a Schengen Visa if you’re not eligible for the ETIAS or you’re from outside the EU. This allows for short-term visits up to 90 days for tourism or business. You apply through the country you intend to visit first, and you’re eligible to travel through the entire Schengen Area.
To obtain a Schengen Visa, you have to visit your nearest embassy of the country you want to travel to with a range of supporting documentation. Among other things, this includes a passport with 2 blank pages, and health insurance for the intended duration of your stay.
ETIAS Application Process
Applying for this travel authorisation is short and simple. You need:
- A current email address, where you’ll receive confirmation of your valid pass.
- To enter some personal details, like your name, date of birth and gender.
- Your passport details, like its issue and expiry dates. Also, your passport must have at least 6 months’ validity remaining after your entry date.
- To answer a few health- and security-related questions. This is so that your information can be checked against the EU’s security databases, like Europol, Interpol, SIS and VIS.
- A debit/credit card, like Mastercard for example, or a PayPal account. The ETIAS costs 7 EUR per applicant. You also pay Byevisa’s processing fee to apply for your travel pass for you. This saves you the time and effort of doing so!
All in all, applying takes around 10 minutes. You can do so from any electronic device, whether that’s a PC, tablet or mobile. So you don’t have to worry about travelling to the embassy, filling in any lengthy forms by hand, or waiting in long queues.
Once your ETIAS is approved, it’s electronically linked to your passport. So at the airport check-in, you only have to show your passport to the airline staff or border authorities. However, we recommend that you print a copy just in case. Your authorisation will be valid for 3 years or until your passport expires, whichever comes first.
ETIAS Countries and Eligibility
You need this travel pass if you’re a citizen of a country that could previously travel to the Schengen Area without a visa, such as the UK, USA, Australia, Canada or Japan.
Please note that several European countries opted out of the Schengen Agreement, like Ireland, while other new EU members have yet to opt-in, such as Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus and Romania. So if you intend to travel to these countries, you need to fulfil their eligibility criteria.
Please find below more information about eligibility for this upcoming European travel pass.
European Destinations That Require ETIAS
Here’s a list of the countries that you can enter with this pass:
*Expected to join in the foreseeable future
If you’re a citizen of one of the Schengen Area countries, you can visit any other country in the zone without an ETIAS.
Countries Whose Citizens Need ETIAS
There are the countries whose citizens need this authorisation to enter:
Antigua and Barbuda
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Federated States of Micronesia
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Trinidad and Tobago
United Arab Emirates
Schengen Visa Eligible Countries
Please find below the list of nationalities eligible for this visa, not the ETIAS:
Central African Republic
Dem. Rep. Of Congo
Papua New Guinea
Sao Tome And Principe
ETIAS Form and Travel Documents
To apply for this travel authorisation with Byevisa is simple. Just do the following:
1. At the top of this page, click ‘Apply Now’.
2. Enter a few simple personal and passport details, such as:
- Your email, to receive your travel authorisation.
- Your entry date.
- Your forename, surname and middle name if applicable.
- Your phone number.
- Your gender (male or female).
- Your nationality.
- Your date of birth.
- Which country you were born in.
- Which country you reside in.
- Your passport number.
- The issue and expiry dates of your passport.
- The visa you’re applying for (the ETIAS).
- The first EU member state you intend to visit.
- Your address.
- Your medical and security background (for example, if you have a criminal record).
Be sure to enter your own details, as well as those of everyone who’s applying for an ETIAS. For example, if you’re travelling with 3 friends, you need to enter all their details too. Also, please note that children under the age of 18 are obliged to obtain their own authorisations, although you can apply for them as the adult.
Please enter your details carefully. If you make a mistake, we may be unable to correct your application, especially if we’ve already processed it by the time you contact us. In this case, you’ll have to apply again, entering your details and paying the relevant fee. So double-check your details before you click ‘Submit’!
3. Choose your Byevisa processing speed.
We can get your travel pass to you as fast as the following, depending on if you’re in a rush or not:
- Highly Rapid.
4. Pay for your application.
You need to enter:
- Your name, as it is on your debit/credit card.
- The number on your debit/credit card.
- The expiry month and year on your debit/credit card.
- Your debit/credit card’s 3-digit CVV security code, on the back.
If you prefer, you can pay by PayPal. Just click the ‘PayPal’ button, log into your account, and follow the instructions as you normally would.
Once you’ve entered these details, click ‘Submit’ and you’re done! Your validated travel pass will wing its way into your email inbox very soon. So that’s one less thing to worry about, and you can get on with planning your trip to Europe.
ETIAS Status Check
To check your visa application status with Byevisa, you can do the following:
1. At the top of this page, click the ‘Login’ button in the main menu, then enter your contact details and enquiry. You can find out information including if your application:
- Has been accepted, and its expiry date.
- Was rejected, and the reason why if we know.
- Remains pending, i.e., we’re still processing it.
2. Contact us. Just enter your full name, contact details, and query into the form, then click ‘Submit’. A member of our customer support team will do their level best to resolve your query in the shortest possible time and get back to you with a satisfying response.
If you realise that you’ve made a mistake in your application, please contact us as soon as you can. If possible, we’ll amend your application before we process it, so that you won’t have to apply again.
However, if you only contact us with the error after we’ve already processed your application, you’ll have to submit your details and pay the applicable fees again.
ETIAS Visa Cost and Fees
This travel authorisation costs 7 EUR per applicant.
In addition, Byevisa charges a minimal fee to handle your paperwork on your behalf. This frees up your time to plan your trip to Europe! How much you pay depends on how quickly you want to receive your pass. We offer the following 3 options:
- Highly Rapid.
ETIAS Frequently Asked Questions
Here’s a useful FAQ about applying for this pass if you’re planning to travel to Europe in the foreseeable future. If you have any other questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch!