The ETIAS is coming soon. We can assist in processing this document once it’s available.
Travel Document Type
Byevisa Processing Fee
The European Union’s new ETIAS (European Travel Information and Authorisation System) will go live in late 2022 and be required from 2023. At that time you can apply for yours with Byevisa. Until then, please find below all the information you need to know about this new travel pass to Italy!
All About the Italy ETIAS
Are you planning to visit Italy, home of the Colosseum of Rome, the Leaning Tower of Pisa and the canals of Venice? If so, if you’re a citizen of one of around 60 countries outside the EU or Schengen Area, such as if you’re American, British, Australian, Canadian or Japanese, then you must now obtain the new ETIAS (European Travel Information and Authorisation System) pass.
The European Union (EU) has introduced this authorisation to regulate tourist visits to the area. It’s valid for 3 years, and it allows you to visit for up to 90 days per 180-day period (meaning that you can stay for up to 3 months every 6 months). It’s a Multiple-Entry travel pass, so you can enter and exit repeatedly during your stay, and you’re also eligible to travel to the other 25 countries that make up the EU’s Schengen Area.
Applying for your travel pass with Byevisa is straightforward and takes just a few minutes. Find below all the steps to follow to get you on your way to the land of pizza and pasta.
Difference Between Italy ETIAS and Italy Visa
The first difference between an Italy ETIAS and a traditional visa is that only citizens of countries who were previously exempt from needing permission to enter need this new travel pass. This includes nationals of the United States, Australia, Canada, Japan and around 60 other countries (please find the full list below in our ‘What Requirements Are There for the Italy ETIAS?’ section).
If you’re not eligible for the ETIAS and you’re not from the EU, you can apply for what’s known as a Schengen Visa Italy to enter the EU’s Schengen Area. To find out more about the Schengen Visa Italy and how to apply, visit our webpage here.
The second difference between the ETIAS and a traditional Italy visa is that the new system is entirely online. You can apply from any electronic device from anywhere in the world, without the need to visit the embassy or consulate. This saves you time and hassle.
Italy Visa Requirements for the ETIAS
To see ‘Do you need a visa to go to Italy?’, consult our eligibility checker tool here:
Alternatively, please find below the full list of countries that can apply for the EU’s new Electronic Visa:
Antigua and Barbuda
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Federated States of Micronesia
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Trinidad and Tobago
United Arab Emirates
If you’re eligible, you also need the following to make your application:
- An email address, because your validated document will arrive in your inbox. We’ll also confirm that your application succeeded by email, and contact you by this method.
- Some personal information, such as your name, date of birth and country of birth. You can find the full list of details to add in our ‘Forms and Documents’ section below.
- Your passport details, like its number, issue date and expiry date. In addition, your passport must have at least 6 months’ validity left after your arrival date.
- Some health and security information about yourself, like if you’ve ever gone to jail. The EU asks for this to check against its security databases, such as Europol.
- A payment method to pay for your application, such as a debit/credit card or PayPal account. You pay the EU’s X USD charge plus Byevisa’s processing charge.
As we mention above, once you’ve obtained your Italy tourist visa, you’re eligible to visit all 26 countries of the Schengen zone, such as France and Austria. Here’s the complete list:
Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Bulgaria (*), Croatia (*), Ireland (*), Republic of Cyprus (*), Romania (*)
*Expected to join in 2021
ETIAS Italy – Application Process
The application process is straightforward and takes just a few minutes. All you do is to:
- Enter some personal and passport details into our online form for yourself and all your travel companions, including any children (minors under 18).
- Choose how fast you want to obtain your travel pass from among Byevisa’s 3 convenient processing speeds.
- Pay for your application.
Then, you sit back and wait for your validated travel pass to arrive in your inbox! It’s as easy as boiling spaghetti.
Once your application is approved, your ETIAS is electronically linked to your passport. So when you go to the airport to catch your flight, all you need to do is show your valid passport. However, we strongly recommend that you print a copy of your travel pass to take with you. This is in case the airline check-in staff or Italy’s customs officials ask to see it.
ETIAS for Italy – Forms and Documents
1. Here are the personal and passport details you need to enter on Byevisa’s online form:
- An email address, for us to confirm your application and send you your valid document.
- The date that you intend to enter Italy.
- Your complete name.
- Your telephone number.
- Whether you’re male or female.
- Your birthdate.
- Your country of birth.
- Your country of residence.
- Your passport number.
- Your passport’s issue date.
- Your passport’s expiry date.
- The visa you’re applying for (in this case, the 3-year Multiple-Entry ETIAS for Italy).
- The first Member State of the Schengen Area you’re visiting (in this case, Italy).
- Your physical address.
- The medical and security details, such as whether you’ve been convicted of a crime.
Enter your own details plus those of all your travel companions. To type in the details for more than 1 person, you can add a new applicant.
2. Next, select how quickly you want your travel pass to arrive in your email inbox. Byevisa offers you 3 convenient processing speeds, depending on if you’re in a rush:
- Standard: Acquire your ETIAS in X days for a processing charge of X USD.
- Rapid: Acquire it in X days for a processing fee of X USD.
- Highly Rapid: Get it in just X days for only a X USD processing cost.
3. Then, pay for your application by debit/credit card or PayPal. Here’s what you need to do:
- Type in your name as it appears on your card.
- Type in your card’s 16-digit number found on the front face.
- Type in your card’s expiry date found on the front face.
- Type in your card’s 3-digit security code, found on the back face where you sign your name.
You can also pay by PayPal.
Submit the application and you’re done! Your ETIAS will promptly arrive by email. In the meantime, you can plan what sights to see, which restaurants to visit, and which souvenirs to buy.
How to Check the ETIAS Italy Visa Status
Your authorisation is sent to your email inbox when it is ready. However, if you do not see it there after the processing time has passed, please contact us to check up on the status of your application.
To do so, click the Status section of the menu and fill out the form with your full name, email address, topic of query and an explanation of the issue.
It’s also important for you to contact us if you spot that you’ve made a mistake while applying, for us to amend your application before we process it. In this case we’ll do so free of charge, although if you contact us after we’ve already processed your application, you must apply again and pay the cost too.
What’s the ETIAS Italy Visa Fee?
The European Union charges X USD for this travel authorisation. The EU charges this for everyone except children under 18 and seniors over 70.
In addition, when you apply with Byevisa you also pay our processing charge for us to obtain your travel document on your behalf, thereby saving you the time and effort of doing so. Our processing fees a X USD for our Standard service (X days delivery), X USD for Rapid service (X days delivery) and X USD for Highly Rapid service (X days delivery).
In total then, you pay for the EU’s X USD cost plus Byevisa’s processing cost. For instance, with our Highly Rapid service you pay X USD (X USD EU charge + X USD Byevisa charge).
ETIAS Italy FAQ
Would you like to learn more about the EU’s new digital travel pass ahead of your trip? Then here’s a selection of useful questions and answers. If you’d like to know anything else, get in touch!