Before you start planning your Armenia adventure, you’ll want to consider the visa requirements to enter this country.
If you are a Pakistani citizen travelling to Armenia, in most cases you will require a visitor visa for your trip. This can only be obtained via invitation and is valid for short stays in the country of up to 120 days. You can apply for Single or Multiple Entry into the country, though your arrival/departure dates must be stated on the application and approved prior to your visit.
Alongside its religious significance and ancient sights in abundance, Armenia boasts a rich and diverse food scene and a reputation for friendly, welcoming residents. There are so many reasons to visit this fascinating and beautiful country that it’s no wonder you may be considering a trip here!
For all the travel document information you need, from what is required to details regarding the application process, we’ve got all your questions covered. Read on to find out more about the Armenia visa process for citizens of Pakistan!
- 1 All About the Armenia Visa for Pakistan Citizens
- 2 Application Process for the Armenia Visitor Visa for Pakistanis
- 3 Armenia Visa Requirements for Pakistani Citizens
- 4 Armenia Visa Application Form for Pakistanis
- 5 Is There an Armenia eVisa for Pakistani Citizens?
- 6 Is It Safe for Pakistani Citizens to Visit Armenia?
- 7 More Information About Travelling to Armenia
All About the Armenia Visa for Pakistan Citizens
If you are a Pakistani citizen travelling from Pakistan to Armenia with an ordinary passport (the standard green cover passport, which is available to any qualifying citizen of Pakistan for personal travel), you are required to apply for a visa in advance of your trip.
You can obtain your travel pass by invitation only at the diplomatic representations or consular posts of Armenia. At present, this is the only method for obtaining a visa for Pakistani citizens.
It’s important to delegate plenty of time to ensuring you secure a visa prior to your trip, as the process can take a while. So it’s a good idea to start the process of applying as soon as you know your plans and intended dates of travel.
Application Process for the Armenia Visitor Visa for Pakistanis
As mentioned above, if you are a citizen of Pakistan you must apply for a visa prior to your trip by invitation only.
This includes travellers wishing to apply for the visitor visa, which enables a foreigner to enter the country for tourist purposes, visiting relatives, for business purposes or any other reason which requires a short-term visit to the country.
Pakistani citizens can visit the country and apply for a travel pass once an invitation to visit has been extended.
The invite made on your behalf is to be submitted to the Visa Department of the Police or Ministry of Foreign Affairs (please check which department is applicable) in the form of a letter from either:
- An individual or a legal entity in Armenia.
- Authorities of Armenia and foreign diplomatic representations, international organisations or their representatives.
Invitation letters issued by individuals must be filed with the Visa Department of the Police, and those issued by legal entities must be filed with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Prior to submitting an invitation, a cost of 9.58 USD must be paid to the consular department. Then, a receipt of this payment must be submitted along with the invitation.
Approval may take 2-3 weeks or longer and is only possible after a security check has occurred.
Armenia Visa Requirements for Pakistani Citizens
To ensure that you meet the requirements and gain entry to this intriguing country, you must provide the following documents, usually in person, to the Embassy of Armenia.
In most cases, 6 documents are required:
- A completed application form (more information on what you need to provide further down).
- A recent photo (3.5 x 4.5 cm), no older than 6 months.
- A valid passport (information on passport requirements listed below).
- A scanned copy of your passport (more information on requirements for the scanned version of the passport listed below).
- Proof of fee payment for the visa (a printout of confirmation of the online payment).
- The invitation letter, previously submitted as outlined above.
What Are the Passport Requirements for the Armenia Visa?
The passport requirements are as follows:
- Must be the original version of the passport or travel document.
- Must have at least 6 months remaining from the date you intend to travel.
- Must have at least 2 pages clear of any markings.
You are also required to bring a scanned copy of your passport, which must be a clear representation of the information pages of your passport. The scanned copy must include your photo, personal information and passport issue/expiry date.
Armenia Visa Application Form for Pakistanis
As part of the documents required to take with you listed above, you will need to have completed an application form. To ensure it gets processed as quickly and efficiently as possible, ensure you have filled out the details clearly and correctly.
For the application form, you will need to include information such as:
- Your full name, D.O.B and place of birth.
- Your gender.
- Your nationality.
- Your contact information.
- Your passport information.
- The address you will be staying at.
- The name, address and telephone of the person extending the invitation.
- Your purpose of visit.
- Date of entry and departure.
You will need a total of 6 documents including the completed application form. See the point above for the full list of documents.
Is There an Armenia eVisa for Pakistani Citizens?
Generally speaking, if you are a Pakistani citizen, you are unable to apply for an online visa (eVisa). Unfortunately, you are also unable to obtain a Visa on Arrival, which is granted upon arrival at the border.
Please refer to the advice outlined in the sections above on how to obtain your travel pass from the Armenian embassy by invitation prior to your trip. This is the only way Pakistani citizens are able to visit.
Is It Safe for Pakistani Citizens to Visit Armenia?
Once you’ve obtained a visa prior to your trip, it is no problem for Pakistani citizens to visit. However, there is an absence of diplomatic relations between the 2 countries.
You may have noticed that there isn’t an Armenian embassy in Pakistan, and so you are required to obtain your travel pass at an embassy abroad instead. In order to do this, you can visit the Armenian embassies in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), India or Turkmenistan, for example.
Citizens of Pakistan are likely to travel to the embassy of Armenia in the UAE to complete their visa application. The embassy details are as follows:
- Embassies District, Al-Safarat, 24 Al Karamah St., Zone 2, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
More Information About Travelling to Armenia
Want to read up on this fascinating country before your trip? For a range of information on commonly searched topics, check out our Visit Armenia page for more details. If you hold a nationality other than Pakistani, visit our Armenian eVisa page to obtain your travel pass online too.