An eVisa is required. We can assist in processing this document.
Travel Document Type
USD 25.00 – 60.00
Byevisa Processing Fee
2 business days
All About the Egypt eVisa
If you’re travelling to Egypt, you’ll be pleased to know that in November 2017 the Egyptian government greatly simplified the process of obtaining your travel authorisation to visit, with its new Electronic Visa (eVisa) digital system.
Now, you simply enter a few personal and passport details into our online form, and receive your valid pass in your email inbox. Then you print it to take with you. So neither do you have to visit the embassy, wait in queues, nor fill in long forms by hand. Instead you just apply on your PC or mobile, at home or wherever you are.
The Egypt eVisa enables you to visit this North African country for 30 days (1 month) and it’s valid for 90 days (3 months). You can apply for a Single Entry visa if you’re planning to enter only once, or a Multiple Entry one if you’ll enter and exit several times, for example if you’re travelling the region.
It’s recommended that you apply for your travel pass at least 7 days before your trip. You need documents including a passport that’s valid for at least 6 months from your arrival date, and proof of your flights and hotel reservations.
Obtaining your pass with Byevisa’s Egypt e-Visa portal couldn’t be easier. Here we tell you everything you need to know, so you can quickly take care of applying for your travel pass!
What Distinguishes an e-Visa From an Egypt Visa on Arrival (VoA)?
The eVisa is a new online system to acquire your travel authorisation in advance. You simply enter a few basic personal/passport details into our form, select how quickly you want to obtain your document from among the options, and pay. It then arrives by email.
This greatly simplifies the process of obtaining your travel document, compared to the old days when you had to get up early in the morning to visit the embassy. Egypt’s intention with the Electronic Visa is to encourage tourism to the country by making it easier to get your pass.
By comparison, you obtain an Egypt Visa on Arrival (VoA) when you arrive. There are many disadvantages to this, such as having to queue right after you get off your flight, filling in long forms by hand, and spending time on bureaucracy when you’d rather be enjoying your holiday.
Egypt Visa Requirements and Eligibility
To check if you’re eligible to obtain this travel document, consult our convenient tool here:
Alternatively, you can obtain the Egypt tourist visa if you’re a citizen of one of the following countries:
Holy See (Vatican)
United States of America
To obtain the Egypt holiday visa, you require the following:
- An email address, as your validated pass arrives in your inbox.
- A passport with a minimum of 6 months’ validity left from when you enter.
- Proof of your flights to and from the country.
- Proof of your hotel reservations, or attractions bookings if you’ve got them.
- A valid debit/credit card or PayPal account to pay for your application.
Egypt’s government recommends that you apply for your travel pass at least 7 days in advance. This is to ensure you get it in time for your journey. However, at Byevisa we can process your authorisation as fast as 2 business days with our Highly Rapid service.
Also, if you’re travelling to Egypt from somewhere susceptible to yellow fever, you must be vaccinated first. The World Health Organisation (WHO) website has a handy list of countries this applies to. To get your vaccination, please speak to your doctor.
Lastly, if you’re a citizen of one of the following countries, you’re exempt from needing a visa to enter Egypt for visits up to 3 months (90 days). So it’s easier for you to see the pyramids, Sphinx or River Nile. Lucky you!
- Hong Kong
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Malaysia (for trips up to 14 days)
Visa for Egypt Online Application Process
To get your travel pass to visit this North African country with Byevisa is simple. Here’s how:
- Scroll up to the form at the top of this page. You can see:
- If you’re eligible to obtain this travel pass.
- The Egyptian government’s fee of 25.00-60.00 USD, depending on if you choose a Single Entry or Multiple Entry visa.
- Byevisa’s lowest Processing Fee of 30.00 USD.
- Our fastest Processing Time of 2 business days, if you select our Highly Rapid service.
- Click ‘Apply Now’ to be taken to our personal/passport details form. Here you type in some simple information, such as your full name, country of residence and passport number. You do this for everyone you’re travelling with including children. It’s easy and takes just a few minutes.
- Select how fast you want to obtain your eVisa. Please bear in mind that the Egyptian government recommends that you apply at least 7 days in advance. That said, if you’ve left getting your pass to the last minute, you’re in luck because:
- With Byevisa’s Highly Rapid service, you can get your authorisation in 2 business days for just a 95.00 USD processing fee.
- We also offer Rapid service to get it in 4 business days for 45.00 USD.
- There’s also our Standard service to get in 6 business days for 30.00 USD.
Pay for your application by entering your debit/credit card details, or by PayPal.
Egypt Visa Forms and Documents
Here’s the information you need to enter to get your visa for Egypt with Byevisa:
1. On our personal/passport details form, you type in fields such as:
- Your email address.
- The dates that you intend to enter and exit the country.
- Your phone number.
- The first name, last name, and middle name if you’ve got one.
- Your sex (male/female).
- Your nationality as it appears on your passport.
- Your date of birth.
- The country where you were born.
- The country where you currently live.
- Your passport number.
- Your passport’s issue date.
- Your passport’s expiry date.
- The type of visa you’re applying for. All Egypt’s travel passes are valid for 90 days, so you choose between Single or Multiple Entry.
You add these details for yourself and all your travel companions, including any minors. This is because children need their own e-Visas, even if they’re featured on your passport.
2. You then choose how quickly you want to obtain your travel authorisation. Byevisa offers the following convenient processing speeds:
- Get your Electronic Visa in 2 business days for our 95.00 USD processing fee.
- Get it in 4 business days for our 45.00 USD fee.
- Get it in 6 business days for our 30.00 USD fee.
It’s worth noting that the Egyptian government charges 25.00 USD for the 90-day Single Entry visa and 60.00 USD for the 90-day Multiple Entry one. So the total you pay depends on which eVisa you choose and how fast you want it.
For example, if you want to receive the Multiple Entry visa as soon as possible, you pay the government’s 60.00 USD price plus Byevisa processing fee of 95.00 USD, for a total of 155.00 USD.
3. Then you pay for your application by debit/credit card or PayPal. Here’s what you need:
- Your name as it appears on your debit/credit card.
- Your debit/credit card number.
- Your debit/credit card’s expiry date.
- Your debit/credit card’s 3-digit CVV/CVC code, on the back.
Alternatively, to pay by PayPal, click the ‘PayPal’ button, login and follow the instructions as your normally would.
And that’s it! You then receive your validated eVisa in your email inbox. Please be sure to print a copy to show to Egypt’s border control authorities when you arrive.
Egypt Visa Online Status Check
To check the status of your application with Byevisa, first go to the main menu at the top of this screen and click ‘Status’. There, you enter your details and enquiry to find out:
- Whether your application has been validated.
- If it remains pending.
- If it was rejected, and the reason why.
- Your eVisa’s issue date, expiry date and how long it remains valid for.
Alternatively, you can ‘Contact Us’. If you’ve applied for your travel authorisation very recently, please contact us only when the processing timeframe has expired.
For example, if you’ve selected Byevisa’s Standard service to get your eVisa in 6 business days, please contact us only after this time period has elapsed. Otherwise, it’s very likely that we’ll still be processing your application!
If you notice that you’ve made a mistake in your application, please get in touch as soon as possible. We’ll endeavour to correct the mistake before we process your visa for Egypt. However, if you contact us after we’ve already processed your application and it’s rejected as a result, you’ll have to apply again and pay the fee. So enter your details carefully!
What Is the Egypt Visa Cost?
The Egyptian government charges 25.00 USD for its 90-day Single Entry visa and 60.00 USD for its 90-day Multiple Entry visa. You choose the visa you want, depending on whether you intend to enter the country only once, or if you’ll go in and out multiple times, perhaps to tour North Africa.
Also, Byevisa charges a minimal fee to handle your paperwork on your behalf. This saves you the time and effort of doing this, so you can get on with planning your trip!
Our fees range from:
- 95.00 USD to get your pass in 2 business days with Highly Rapid service.
- 45.00 USD to get it in 4 business days with Rapid service.
- 30.00 USD to get it in 6 business days with Standard service.
Overall then, the Egypt visa cost depends on which visa you want and how fast you want it. For example, a Multiple Entry visa with Standard service costs 55.00 USD (25.00 USD visa fee + 30.00 USD processing fee).
More Egypt Tourist Visa Questions and Information
Please read on to find out more information about applying for the Egypt e-Visa. We’ve compiled a list of Frequently Asked Questions. If there’s anything you’d like to know that we’ve not answered here, please get in touch!
Here’s a sample of this tourist pass for you: