The ETIAS is coming soon. We can assist in processing this document once it’s available.
Travel Document Type
Byevisa Processing Fee
The European Travel Information and Authorisation System is planned for launch in late 2022 and becomes obligatory in 2023. Preparation is key for international travel, and here at Byevisa we aim to provide the most up-to-date information available so our customers can make informed travel decisions. Find out all you will need to know about this new system for your future trips.
All About the Czech Republic ETIAS
Looking forward to seeing Prague, Bohemia or the Punkva Caves? Before travelling internationally, it is essential that you make sure to get your official travel authorisation in order.
Starting in 2023, all foreign visitors to the Czech Republic must apply for authorisation before travelling, unless you are from the European Union or Schengen Area. For citizens of around 60 countries, this means applying through the European Travel Information and Authorisation System or ETIAS.
The ETIAS authorisation for the Czech Republic allows you to visit this country (and all countries in the Schengen zone) for up to 90 days in any 180-day period during the 3 years it is valid. It is a Multiple-Entry pass, so you can travel in and out of the Schengen zone as many times as you want as long as you don’t exceed 90 days in any 6-month period.
Read on to learn more about who is eligible, what the requirements are, and how to apply so you can get ready to hop on that plane to the home of Czech goulash, the Prague Astronomical Clock and writer Franz Kafka.
- 1 Difference Between Czech Republic ETIAS and Czech Republic Visa
- 2 Czech Republic ETIAS Requirements for Eligible Countries
- 3 ETIAS Application Process for Czech Republic
- 4 ETIAS – Form and Documents Needed for Czech Republic
- 5 ETIAS Czech Republic – Status Check
- 6 How Much is an ETIAS for Czech Republic?
Difference Between Czech Republic ETIAS and Czech Republic Visa
Those who are eligible for the ETIAS, such as citizens of the United States, Australia and Canada, can apply online for this 3-year pass. This authorisation allows you to travel to all countries in the Schengen Area, including the Czech Republic, for up to 90 days in any 180-day period. You must be travelling for tourism, business, transit or medical purposes.
With Byevisa, getting your ETIAS is simple and fast. You fill in the online form, and we send your travel pass to your email inbox.
However, those who are not eligible, including citizens of Nigeria, Pakistan and India, must get a traditional visa for the Czech Republic by applying through the embassy. Travellers who plan to stay for over 90 days or for reasons not outlined above, such as work or study, also need to apply for a visa for the Czech Republic through an embassy or consulate.
Whether you need an ETIAS or a visa depends on what country you are from. You can see what authorisation you need by entering your nationality and destination into use our interactive visa checker tool here:
You can also see the list of visa-free countries for the Czech Republic in the next section.
Czech Republic ETIAS Requirements for Eligible Countries
Do you need a visa to visit the Czech Republic?
If your passport is from one of the countries listed below, you are required to apply for the ETIAS before you go:
Antigua and Barbuda
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Federated States of Micronesia
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Trinidad and Tobago
United Arab Emirates
Here are the Czech Republic visa requirements you must meet to obtain the ETIAS:
- Apply and travel with a passport from an eligible country (listed above). It must have at least 6 months’ validity remaining after your intended arrival date.
- The purpose of your trip must be tourism, business, transit or medical.
- On the application form, you are required to provide true and complete answers to a few security questions covering topics such as past criminal convictions or acts of terrorism. Your information will be cross-checked with international police databases, such as Interpol and Europol, to confirm that you should not be considered a security threat.
As long as you fulfill the Czech Republic travel requirements, getting your ETIAS and gaining entry to Czechia should be a breeze. Byevisa sends your approval notice straight to your regular email when it is ready, depending on the processing speed you have chosen.
ETIAS Application Process for Czech Republic
Here is how to apply for the ETIAS online with Byevisa:
1. Using the eligibility checker tool, select your country of nationality and destination. You can also get started by clicking the button below:
2. Fill out the simple online form. You need to enter personal details including your full name, birth date and passport number.
3. Select a processing speed. Byevisa offers 3 options ranging from X to X depending on how quickly you need your authorisation.
4. Enter your payment information using a valid credit or debit card, or your PayPal account.
5. Submit your application.
6. Check your email to see a message from Byevisa confirming that we received your application.
7. Enjoy your free time as Byevisa handles your paperwork.
8. Check your email to find your official ETIAS approval notice. Your travel pass is electronically linked to your passport, although we recommend that you print it out and take it with you to the airport.
ETIAS – Form and Documents Needed for Czech Republic
The Czech Republic visa application form for getting your ETIAS is simple and easy to fill out online. You need to enter the following details:
- First and last name, plus your middle name if you have one.
- Gender (male or female).
- Date of birth and where you were born.
- Nationality, as listed on your passport.
- Your street address, including the country, where you currently reside.
- Passport number, issue date and expiry date.
- Day, month and year you intend to arrive for your visit.
- Email address where you would like Byevisa to send your travel document.
- Phone number for Byevisa to contact you (only in exceptional cases).
- Answers to a few short security questions about your criminal history.
Please take the time to make sure you have entered all of your information correctly. Little mistakes, like a misspelled name or writing an ‘O’ instead of a ‘0’, can cause your Czech Republic visa to be denied or lead to problems at the airport. If you do notice an error in your application, please let us know as soon as possible, even if you don’t see it until after you’ve already submitted.
Then choose a processing speed depending on when you want to receive your authorisation:
- Standard: X amount to get your travel pass in X days.
- Rapid: X amount to get it in X days.
- Highly Rapid: X amount to get it in X days..
Finally, choose your method of payment:
- Credit or debit card: Name on the card, card number, expiry date.
- PayPal account.
At that point, all you’ll have left to do is submit your application.
All in all, it shouldn’t take you more than about 10 minutes. You don’t need to upload any visa documents, not even a copy of your passport. You only have to fill in the blanks provided.
ETIAS Czech Republic – Status Check
Since you get to select your Czech visa processing speed when you apply, you will know exactly when to expect to see your ETIAS approval arrive in your email inbox.
However, if you do not have a message from Byevisa in your email inbox after the processing time has passed, please get in touch with us by clicking the Status option in the menu located at the top of this page. You will be asked to provide your name, email address and a description of the issue. Our customer service team will get back to you with a solution as soon as possible.
In the very unusual situation that your application is not approved, we will contact you via email to inform you of the reason provided by the European Travel Information and Authorisation System and the steps you can take if you decide to request an appeal.
How Much is an ETIAS for Czech Republic?
The Czech Republic visa cost for the ETIAS is X USD. There is also an additional fee for using Byevisa, which varies according to the service you select:
- Standard: X amount for X-day service.
- Rapid: X amount for X-day service.
- Highly Rapid: X amount for X-day service.
This means that if you choose the Byevisa Standard service for your Prague visa processing time, you will pay a total of X amount to have your travel document in X days or less.
That is a great value considering that your ETIAS visitor visa pass is valid for 3 years and unlimited trips to any country in the Schengen Area!
Looking for more answers? Check out our frequently asked questions to learn everything you need to know about preparing for your trip to visit this fascinating European country. If you have any additional questions, please let us know!
Would you like to learn more about the EU’s new digital travel pass ahead of your trip? Then here’s a selection of useful questions and answers. If you’d like to know anything else, get in touch!