The ETIAS is coming soon. We can assist in processing this document once it’s available.
Travel Document Type
Byevisa Processing Fee
The new ETIAS (European Travel Information and Authorisation System) electronic travel authorisation will be available from late 2022. In 2023 it will become obligatory for travellers. Ahead of the launch of the ETIAS, have a read of all the details about this new travel pass to enter Norway, and discover how to secure yours with Byevisa.
Introducing the ETIAS for Norway
If you’re a citizen of one of around 60 countries outside the EU or Schengen Zone then you now need to apply for a new digital travel document called the ETIAS if you want to discover the deep valleys and mountain plateaus of Norway.
This new European Travel Information and Authorisation System will impact travellers coming to this Scandinavian country from the UK, United States, New Zealand and Israel, among others.
The good news is that you can easily make your application online, by supplying us with some basic details. As long as you have your passport and other travel details to hand, it should take no longer than 10 minutes to complete it.
Once your authorisation is approved, the ETIAS is valid for 3 whole years. During this time you can visit ‘the land of the midnight sun’ for up to 90 days during any 180-day period. If you obtain the Norweigan ETIAS, you must enter the Schengen zone via this country first, however you are then free to visit the 25 other countries forming the Schengen Area.
Discover everything else you need to know about the ETIAS for Norway right here.
- 1 What Is the Difference Between the Norway ETIAS and a Norway Visa?
- 2 Norway Visa Requirements for Citizens Eligible for the ETIAS
- 3 Quick Guide to the ETIAS Norway Visa Application Process
- 4 What Forms and Documents Do I Need to Complete to Visit Norway?
- 5 How Can I Check My ETIAS for Norway Visa Status?
- 6 How Much Is an ETIAS for Norway?
- 7 ETIAS Norway Frequently Asked Questions
What Is the Difference Between the Norway ETIAS and a Norway Visa?
The first crucial difference is who can apply.
You can find details about this in the following section or by consulting our convenient visa checker below.
The ETIAS is also valid for significantly longer than a traditional Norway tourist visa. Once you have made your application, the authorisation is valid for 3 years (or until your passport expires). You can apply for the ETIAS Norway entirely online through Byevisa and once approved you can enjoy access to any of the Schengen Area countries for up to 90 days in any 180-day period. Best of all, it only takes 10 minutes!
If you don’t fit the ETIAS requirements and want to visit the world’s largest sculpture park in Oslo, then you will need to apply for a Norway Schengen visa instead. If you are planning to stay for longer, then you will need to look into long-term visa options. Some of the nationalities that aren’t eligible for the ETIAS include Indians and Malaysians.
Norway Visa Requirements for Citizens Eligible for the ETIAS
If you have a passport from an eligible country, then you can apply for this travel document with Byevisa.
Want to find out if your country falls under this category? Consult our visa checker tool.
Alternatively, have a read through our complete list of eligible countries.
These are all the countries whose citizens must get the ETIAS travel authorisation to pass through border control in Oslo or another Norweigan port of entry:
Antigua and Barbuda
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Federated States of Micronesia
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Trinidad and Tobago
United Arab Emirates
There are also several other Norway visa requirements to obtain ETIAS authorisation stipulated by the European Union:
- You must be travelling to the country for tourism, transit, medical or business purposes only. Travel for any other purpose requires a different type of authorisation.
- You must have a current passport that is valid for a minimum of 6 months from the day you enter Norway.
- You cannot stay here or anywhere else in the Schengen zone for more than 90 days during a 6-month period. This requires a longer-term Norway visa such as a Norway student visa or a work visa Norway.
If you meet all of the above requirements and have a valid debit or credit card to hand or a PayPal account, you can begin your application now.
Quick Guide to the ETIAS Norway Visa Application Process
Once you have confirmed that you’re eligible for this travel pass, there are 5 steps that you need to take:
- Enter the requested passport and personal details into our simple online form. This information includes your full name, date of birthday and passport number and expiry date. You will also need to supply an email address as your approved documentation will be emailed to the contact email provided.
- Decide how quickly you want us to send you your travel pass from our 3 convenient options. You can opt for Standard (X days), Rapid (X days), or Highly Rapid (X days).
- Pay for your application using your visa or debit card or PayPal account and then submit the form. The amount you are charged varies depending on which processing speed you have chosen.
- Check your email inbox for the Byevisa confirmation email.
- Sit back and let us do the rest! When the selected time frame has passed, access your email to download your approved travel documentation for your Scandinavian adventure.
What Forms and Documents Do I Need to Complete to Visit Norway?
For many people, the idea of having to fill in loads of forms makes them recoil in horror. Byevisa’s electronic form couldn’t be easier to use and we only ask for the essential information required by the EU.
We walk you through all the required information below. Make sure you have your passport and flight details to hand before you start filling in the form.
Byevisa requires the following details to handle your application on your behalf:
- Your full name (exactly as it is written on your passport document).
- Your date of birth and the city where you were born.
- Your nationality.
- Your gender.
- Your home address.
- Your phone number.
- Your passport number as well as the issue and expiry date.
- Your email address.
- Your entry and exit dates for your Norway trip.
We also ask for you to respond to some routine questions regarding your medical history and criminal background. These are to confirm to immigration officials that it is safe for you to enter the country.
You then need to choose from our 3 speedy processing options:
- Standard visa processing: we will send your travel pass to you in X days for X USD.
- Rapid option: receive your pass in X days for X USD.
- Highly Rapid delivery: your documentation will be in your inbox in X days for X USD.
The final step is to pay for your paperwork using a credit or debit card or PayPal.
Enter the following information carefully to proceed with your payment:
- Card number.
- The full name on the card.
- The date the card expires.
- The 3 digit security code (found on the back of your card).
How Can I Check My ETIAS for Norway Visa Status?
Rest assured that your application is in safe hands! Once you’ve applied, keep an eye on your email inbox and you will receive the email with your paperwork in the specified timeframe.
Want to get in touch with the Byevisa customer support team?
Just fill in the brief contact form where you will be required to enter your contact details and a summary of your query. If you are enquiring about the status of your application, please wait until the processing window has passed.
For enquiries regarding any errors you’ve made on your application, it is essential to get in touch straight away. If your application is already in process we cannot guarantee that changes can be made. Please triple check your application before submitting to reduce the likelihood of mistakes being made!
How Much Is an ETIAS for Norway?
The Norway tourist visa fees are as follows. The EU charges X per applicant for this travel authorisation.
Applicants will also be charged a handling fee payable to Byevisa for managing the paperwork for you. This frees up your time to research the best spots in Oslo’s thriving food scene!
The price you pay varies depending on which of our processing times you go for. Choose from 3 fast options:
- Standard for X per person. You’ll have your pass in X days.
- Rapid for X per person. You’ll be all set for your Scandi trip in X days.
- Highly Rapid for X per person. Your pass will be in your inbox in just X days.
To break this down further; in total, you pay the X price as well as the Byevisa processing fee. E.g, if you opt for the Rapid service, this would be X (X for the visa + X processing charge).
ETIAS Norway Frequently Asked Questions
Want to learn more about this European travel pass before you book your flights to Oslo? Discover the answers to the most common questions visitors have about travelling to the land of Viking ships and Fjords.