A visa is required. We can assist in processing this document.
All About Georgia Visas
Do you intend to visit the Eurasian country of Georgia in the foreseeable future? If so, depending on your nationality, you’ll need a visa to be permitted entry. Fortunately, these days there’s no need to visit the embassy nor wait in long queues to get your travel authorisation.
Instead, you can apply online for what’s called an Electronic Visa (eVisa). This way, you simply fill in a quick online form and obtain your travel pass by email. You can do so from any electronic device wherever you are, so this saves you time and effort ahead of your trip.
The citizens of over 60 countries are eligible to apply for the Georgia eVisa. You can visit the country for 30 days per visit or 90 days per visit depending on your nationality. It’s Multiple Entry, meaning that you can enter and exit the country repeatedly, perhaps if you’re visiting nearby Russia or Armenia then returning.
To apply for this eVisa, you need supporting documents including a passport that’s valid for at least 6 months from your date of arrival, travel and health insurance, plus proof of sufficient financial means for the duration of your stay.
Here we walk you through the steps to get your Georgia travel visa with Byevisa. Our online application process takes just a few minutes; it’s straightforward and stress-free!
- 1 What Is the Difference Between an eVisa and a Georgia Visa on Arrival (VoA)?
- 2 Georgia Visa Requirements and Eligibility
- 3 Georgia Country Visa Application Process
- 4 Georgia eVisa Forms and Documents
- 5 Georgia Online Visa Status Check
- 6 What Is the Georgia Visa Price?
- 7 More Georgia Tourist Visa Questions and Information
What Is the Difference Between an eVisa and a Georgia Visa on Arrival (VoA)?
An eVisa (Electronic Visa) is a digital method to apply for and obtain your travel pass. You simply enter a few personal/passport details into our online form, select how quickly you’d like to receive your tourist visa, and it arrives by email. You can apply from your PC, tablet or mobile, at home or out and about.
The great benefit of the eVisa is that you no longer have to travel to the nearest Georgian embassy, wait in lengthy queues or fill in complex forms by hand. Instead, the whole process is easy and online. The Georgian government introduced this modern system to increase visits to the country.
By comparison, you apply for a Georgia Visa on Arrival (VoA) when you arrive there. This way, you may have to wait in long lines right after you’ve got off the plane, when you’d rather be enjoying your holiday. So the eVisa is faster and simpler.
Georgia Visa Requirements and Eligibility
You can consult if you’re eligible to apply for this online travel document with our convenient checker tool below:
The citizens of the following countries are eligible to apply for this online travel document. Depending on where you’re from, you’re eligible either for a ‘30 days per 120-day period’ travel pass, or a ‘90 days per 180-day period’ pass.
Eligible for ‘30 days per 120-day period’ eVisa:
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Equatorial Guinea
- Hong Kong
- North Korea
- Papua New Guinea
- Sao Tome and Principe
Eligible for ‘90 days per 180-day period’ eVisa:
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Trinidad and Tobago
By ‘30 days per 120-day period’ travel pass, or a ‘90 days per 180-day period’, this means that you can visit for either 30 or 90 days during your visa’s 120 or 180-day validity period.
In addition, you require the following to get your valid Georgia travel authorisation:
- An email address, so that we can send you your e-Visa.
- A passport that’s valid for at least 6 months from your arrival date.
- A copy of your passport’s personal bio page.
- A copy of a recent passport photo.
- A document proving the purpose of your visit, for example from a travel agency.
- Proof of accommodation.
- Proof of sufficient funds for the duration of your stay.
- Proof of health and travel insurance.
- A credit/debit card or PayPal account, to pay for your eVisa application.
Please note that if you’re travelling to Georgia from a country susceptible to yellow fever, you’re obliged to be vaccinated before your visit. To see if this applies to you, check the World Health Organisation’s (WHO) web page.
In addition, if you hold a visa or residence permit from one of the following countries, then you’re exempt from needing the eVisa to enter Georgia for up to 90 days in a 180-day period:
Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, British Dependent Territories – Jersey, Guernsey, the Isle of Man, British Overseas Territories – Bermuda, Cayman Islands, British Virgin Islands, Falkland Islands (Malvinas), Turks and Caicos Islands, Gibraltar, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Denmark territories, Estonia, Finland, France, French Republic territories, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kuwait, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Netherlands territories, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Saudi Arabia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, United States of America
Lastly, if you’re a citizen of one of the following countries or territories, you’re exempt from needing a Georgia tourist visa to visit this country for up to 1 year. It’s your lucky day!
All EU states, Albania, Andorra, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, British Dependent Territories, British Overseas Territories, Brunei, Canada, Chile*, Colombia, Costa Rica, Denmark Territories, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, French Republic Territories, Holy See, Honduras, Iceland, Iran**, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Liechtenstein, Malaysia, Mauritius, Mexico, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands Territories, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Panama, Qatar, Russia, Saint Vincent and Grenadines, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Seychelles, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Switzerland, Tajikistan, Thailand, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States of America, Uruguay***, Uzbekistan
*For 90 days per 180-day period.
**For 45 days
*** For 90 days
Georgia Country Visa Application Process
Applying for your Georgia travel document with Byevisa is a breeze. Here are the steps to take:
1.Enter your nationality and the country you’re visiting into the eligibility checker. You’ll see (1) if you’re eligible for this eVisa, (2) the Georgian government’s fee of 21 USD, (3) Byevisa’s lowest processing fee of 20 USD, (4) Byevisa’s fastest processing time of 7 business days. You can either apply from there, or click the button below:
2. This takes you to go to the personal/passport details form. Here you enter some basic information about yourself such as your forename and surname, your intended entry and exit dates from Georgia, and your passport number. We ask for this to process your visa. Enter these details for yourself and everyone you’re travelling with, including children.
3. Select how quickly you’d like to receive your travel document. We offer 3 speeds:
- Standard: Get your eVisa in 9 business days for a 20 USD processing fee.
- Rapid: Get it in 8 business days for a 30 USD processing fee.
- Highly Rapid: Get it in 7 business days for 50 USD processing fee.
- So in total, you pay the Georgian government’s fee plus Byevisa’s fee to manage your application. If you’ve left applying for your eVisa to the last minute, we recommend that you select our Highly Rapid service!
4. Pay for your application. You can do so by debit/credit card or PayPal. For this, you’ll need some basic details like your debit/credit card number and expiry date.
That’s it! Submit the form and your valid eVisa will arrive in your email inbox in a matter of days. We highly recommend that you print a copy to take with you, and show at the border control checkpoint.
Georgia eVisa Forms and Documents
1. You need personal and passport details to apply, such as:
- Your email address, so that we can send you your validated eVisa.
- Your intended arrival and exit dates from Georgia.
- Your phone number, in case we need to contact you.
- Your first name, last name, and middle name if you’ve got one.
- Your gender (male/female).
- Your nationality as it appears on your passport.
- Your date of birth.
- Your country of birth.
- Your country of residence.
- Your passport number.
- Your passport issue date.
- Your passport expiry date.
- The visa you’re applying for.
- Your reason for travel (tourism).
- Confirmation that you’ve got valid health insurance for the duration of your stay.
Be sure to enter your details for everyone you’re travelling with, including children. This is the case even if your children are listed on your passport.
2. Next, choose how quickly you’d like to receive your eVisa:
- Get your eVisa in 9 business days for a 20 USD Byevisa fee, with our Standard service.
- Get it in 8 business days for a 30 USD Byevisa fee, with our Rapid service.
- Get it in 7 business days for A 50 USD Byevisa fee, with our Highly Rapid service.
As we mention, if you’ve left applying for your travel document to the last minute, it’s advisable to select our Highly Rapid service. This helps ensure that you receive your valid pass in time for your trip.
3. Pay for your application by credit/debit card or PayPal. You need these details:
- Your name as it appears on your debit/credit card.
- Your debit/credit card number.
- Your debit/credit card expiry date, and issue date if applicable.
- Your debit/credit card’s 3-digit CVC/CVV security code, on the back.
- Alternatively, to pay by PayPal, your account information.
Georgia Online Visa Status Check
To check the status of your application with Byevisa is simple. In the main menu at the top of this page, click the ‘Log in’ section.
You can use this service to find out if your application:
- Has been accepted, as well as your visa’s issue date and expiry date.
- Has been rejected, and why if we know.
- Remains pending.
If you spot that you’ve made a mistake while applying, please contact us as soon as possible. If we can, we’ll correct your application before processing your visa. However, if you only contact us after we’ve already processed your visa, you’ll have to apply again and pay the corresponding fee. So take care when you enter your personal/passport details.
Lastly, please don’t contact us unless your visa’s processing timeframe has expired and you haven’t received your pass via email. For example, if you’ve selected our Highly Rapid service to receive your eVisa in 7 business days, please only contact us on the 8th business day or later. Otherwise, we’ll very likely still be processing your application.
What Is the Georgia Visa Price?
The Georgian government charges 21 USD for this travel document. In addition, you pay Byevisa’s processing fee for us to handle your paperwork on your behalf. This saves you the time and effort of doing so yourself, so that you can relax and plan your journey.
Byevisa’s processing fees range from 20 USD to get your travel pass in 9 business days, to 30 USD to get it in 8 business days, to 50 USD to get it in 7 business days.
In total then, you pay the Georgian government’s price plus Byevisa’s processing cost. For example, to get your travel authorisation as fast as possible, you pay 71 USD (21 USD government fee + 50 USD processing fee).
More Georgia Tourist Visa Questions and Information
Please keep reading to find out more about the tourist visa for this Eurasian country. If you have any questions that we’ve not answered here, then feel free to contact us.