A Pre-Arrival Registration (PAR) Slip is required. We can assist in processing this document.
Travel Document Type
Byevisa Processing Fee
All About the Hong Kong Online Tourist Visa (PAR) – Pre-Arrival Registration Slip
Are you an Indian citizen planning to visit Hong Kong? If so, you’ll be pleased to know that you can now apply online in advance for your Hong Kong visa for Indian passport holders, officially called a Pre-Arrival Registration (PAR) notification slip. This document allows you to visit this Far Eastern region multiple times for 14 days per visit during its 6-month validity period.
To apply, you need a passport that’s valid for at least 6 months from your planned date of entry, plus a debit/credit card or PayPal account to pay for your application. You need to apply for everyone you’re travelling with, including your spouse and children. Your Hong Kong tourist visa will be valid for 6 months or when your passport expires, whichever comes first.
With Byevisa, it’s easy to obtain your Pre-Arrival Registration slip. You just type in some simple passport/personal details into our straightforward form, choose from among the 3 available processing speeds, pay, and it arrives in your email inbox. We strongly recommend that you print off a copy to carry in your trip, as you’ll need to take both this and your passport during your stay.
Below we’ll explain how to quickly and conveniently get your Hong Kong visa with Byevisa.
- 1 What Is the Difference Between the PAR vs the Hong Kong Visa on Arrival (VoA)?
- 2 Hong Kong Visa Requirements and Eligibility
- 3 Hong Kong Visa Online Application Process
- 4 Hong Kong Visa for Indians Forms and Documents
- 5 Hong Kong Visa Status Check
- 6 How Much Is a Hong Kong Visa for Indians?
- 7 More Hong Kong Visa Online Questions and Information
What Is the Difference Between the PAR vs the Hong Kong Visa on Arrival (VoA)?
The PAR (Pre-Arrival Registration) slip is an electronic method to apply for and acquire your travel authorisation. You simply type in a few personal/passport details into our online form, such as your full name, intended travel dates and your passport number, then your travel pass arrives by email.
The advantage of the PAR system is that it’s all online. So you can get your Hong Kong visitor visa from your PC, tablet or mobile wherever you are. There’s no need to get up early in the morning to visit the embassy, nor fill in complicated forms by hand.
By comparison, you apply for and obtain the Hong Kong Visa on Arrival (VoA) when you arrive. You may have to join long queues to get yours when you’ve just got off your flight, when you’d rather be out and about exploring. This is a slower and less convenient method.
Hong Kong Visa Requirements and Eligibility
If you’re an Indian passport holder, you’re eligible to obtain the Hong Kong visa online. You just need a passport that’s valid for a minimum of 6 months from when you plan to arrive, plus a debit/credit card or PayPal account to pay for your application.
As we mention above, this travel document allows you to visit Hong Kong multiple times for 14 days each during its 6-month (180-day) validity period. This means that you must exit Hong Kong within 14 days of having arrived, although you can return repeatedly while your visa remains valid. If you need to stay longer in case of emergency, it’s possible to get a 7-day extension.
Your personal and passport details must match those on your Hong Kong visa exactly. If you get a new passport or your personal details change, then you need to apply for a new Pre-Arrival Registration slip before you arrive. Your existing notification slip won’t be valid.
If your application is rejected for any reason, you’re eligible to apply by visiting Hong Kong’s immigration department in person. To maximise the chances of your application being successful, be sure to enter your details carefully, just as they appear on your passport.
Please note that you don’t need to apply for the Hong Kong visa for Indians if you remain in the airport’s transit area on your way to another destination. Also, you’re exempt from needing this pass if you hold a permanent residence permit for employment, study or residence.
You’re only eligible to apply for one Hong Kong tourist visa with your passport. To obtain another Pre-Arrival Registration slip, you first have to wait for the first one to expire.
If you’re travelling to Hong Kong from a country at risk of yellow fever, you’re required to be vaccinated first. To find out if this applies to you, visit the World Health Organisation’s website. If you do need the vaccine, consult your doctor.
Lastly, if you’re from a country other than India and you need a Hong Kong visa, you’ll be pleased to hear that the citizens of around 170 countries are exempt from needing one. This includes nationals of the US, UK, EU, Australia, New Zealand and Canada. To find out if you’re exempt, consult our handy eligibility checker tool here.
Hong Kong Visa Online Application Process
To apply for your Hong Kong visa for Indians with Byevisa takes just a few minutes. Here’s how:
- Enter your nationality (Indian) and your travel destination (Hong Kong) into the box at near the start of this webpage. You immediately see:
- The government’s price of 0.00 USD for the Pre-Arrival Registration (PAR) notification slip.
- Byevisa’s lowest processing fee of 40.00 USD to obtain your travel authorisation.
- Our fastest processing time of 24 hours, so you can obtain your visa even if you’ve left it to the last minute.
- Click ‘Apply Now’ to go to our personal/passport information form. Here you enter some details to obtain your travel pass. Please make sure that they match those on your passport exactly. These details include:
- Your full name.
- Your intended entry and exit dates.
- Your passport number, and its issue and expiry date.
- Enter your details for everyone you’re travelling with, including your spouse and children.
- Select how quickly you want to obtain your travel pass. With Byevisa, you can get your Hong Kong visa in 24 hours for 90.00 USD, in 36 hours for 55.00 USD, or in 2 days for 40.00 USD. So you needn’t worry if you’ve left applying until the last minute.
- Pay for your application. You need to enter your debit/credit card details, such as your name as it appears on your card, your card’s number and expiry date. Alternatively, you can pay for your Hong Kong visa online via PayPal too.
That’s it! You receive your valid travel document in your email inbox. We highly recommend that you print a copy, as you’ll need to carry both this and your passport while you’re in Hong Kong.
Hong Kong Visa for Indians Forms and Documents
1. Here’s the list of personal/passport information to enter into Byevisa’s form:
- Your email address, as your valid Pre-Arrival Registration (PAR) slip in your inbox.
- Your intended arrival and exit dates.
- A phone number, in case we need to contact you.
- Your first name, middle name and last name.
- Your gender.
- Your nationality.
- Your birth date.
- The country where you were born.
- The country where you reside.
- Your passport number.
- Your passport’s issue date.
- Your passport’s expiry dates.
- The type of visa (the PAR, which allows multiple 14-day trips over 6 months).
- If you’ve previously been refused entry to visit Hong Kong.
Enter these details for everyone you’re travelling with, including any children. This is because they need their own individual Hong Kong visas to be allowed entry.
Be sure to enter these details carefully, so that your application has the highest chance of success. If your passport details differ from those on the PAR, you won’t be allowed entry.
2. Next, select how fast you’d like to receive your travel document from among these options:
- Standard service: Get it in 2 business days for a 40.00 USD processing fee.
- Rapid service: Get it in 36 hours for a 55.00 USD processing fee.
- Highly Rapid service: Get it in 24 hours for a 90.00 USD processing fee.
3. Lastly, you pay for your application. To do so by debit/credit card, enter the following:
- Your name as it is on your debit/credit card.
- Your debit/credit card number.
- Your debit/credit card expiry date and issue date if appropriate.
- Your debit/credit card’s 3-digit CVV/CVC security code on the back.
If you prefer, you can pay by PayPal. Just click on the ‘PayPal’ button, then enter your username and password to log in. Then, go through the usual steps.
Hong Kong Visa Status Check
To check your application’s status with Byevisa is easy. Simply scroll up to the main menu of this page and click on ‘Log in’. Then, enter your details and enquiry to find out, among other things:
- If your application has been accepted.
- Your PAR’s issue and expiry dates, and how long it remains valid for.
- If your application remains pending.
- If your application was rejected, and why if we know.
If you notice that you’ve made an error while applying, contact us right away. If we’ve yet to process your application, we’ll correct it there and then, free of charge. That said, if you get in touch only after we’ve already processed your application, then you must apply again and pay the corresponding fee.
In addition, please only get in touch when your application’s processing window has passed. For instance, if you select our Highly Rapid service to acquire your Hong Kong visa online in just 24 hours, only get in touch if you’ve not received your travel pass once 24 hours have expired. Otherwise we’ll still be processing it.
How Much Is a Hong Kong Visa for Indians?
The fee you pay depends on how quickly you want your travel authorisation. At Byevisa, we offer 3 convenient processing speeds, depending on how much of a rush you’re in. These are:
- Obtain your pass in 2 business days for 40.00 USD with our Standard service.
- Acquire it in 36 hours for 55.00 USD with our Rapid service.
- Get it in 24 hours for 90.00 USD with our Highly Rapid service.
So if you’re catching your flight the day after tomorrow and you’ve not yet obtained your Hong Kong visa for Indian passport holders, our Highly Rapid service is ideal. You get your travel document in time to catch the plane, to give you peace of mind for when you arrive.
More Hong Kong Visa Online Questions and Information
Do you want to learn more about this travel authorisation for Indian citizens? If so, read on! We’ve compiled a list of the most frequently asked questions.