A visa is required. We can assist in processing this document.
Travel Document Type
Byevisa Processing Fee
5 business days
All About Kazakhstan Visas
Kazakhstan’s Electronic Visa (eVisa) application procedure is available to over 100 nationalities. According to the country’s policy, anyone who wishes to apply for an eVisa must have a Letter Of Invitation (LOI) to visit Kazakhstan.
This letter is issued by the country’s Migration Service and can be requested through any tour operator. For anyone who already possesses a LOI, the eVisa application with Byevisa is a convenient way for tourists to obtain a Kazakhstan tourist visa online.
If you’re from China, India or another eligible country and you have a Letter of Invitation, you can apply online for your travel authorisation with Byevisa. On the other hand, if you’re from Canada, the US, the UK, Europe, Australia or New Zealand you can enter this central Asian nation visa-free for up to 30 days.
This authorisation is valid for a stay of no more than 30 days and is for a Single Entry only.
The Kazakhstan e-Visa is only accepted at the international airports of Almaty and Astana, so you must enter and exit the country through one of these ports of entry.
The Kazakhstan e-Visa government fee is 60 USD In addition, Byevisa charges a processing fee to handle your paperwork, starting as low as 20 USD.
Below we explain in detail how you can apply for your Kazakhstan eVisa with Byevisa.
- 1 What’s the Difference Between an eVisa and a Kazakhstan Visa on Arrival (VoA)?
- 2 Kazakhstan Visa Requirements and Eligibility
- 3 Kazakhstan Visa Application Process
- 4 Kazakhstan Visa Application Form and Documents
- 5 How to Check Your Kazakhstan Tourist Visa Application Status
- 6 How Much Does a Kazakhstan Visa Cost?
- 7 More Kazakhstan Visa Questions and Information
What’s the Difference Between an eVisa and a Kazakhstan Visa on Arrival (VoA)?
An Electronic Visa (eVisa) is obtained online before your trip. Applying for an eVisa eliminates the need to travel to a consulate or embassy to complete time-consuming paperwork. All you need is a Letter of Invitation (LOI) from a tour operator to be able to apply online.
Byevisa makes the application process easy: you fill out our application form, upload the required documents, and we send you the approved authorisation by email.
On the other hand, a Visa on Arrival (VoA) would be obtained upon arrival at the airport or border checkpoint without applying beforehand. Kazakhstan does not offer a Visa on Arrival option – all non-exempt visitors must apply in advance either online, for eligible nationalities, or at an embassy.
Kazakhstan Visa Requirements and Eligibility
You’re probably asking yourself, “Do I need a visa for Kazakhstan?” You can find out if you’re eligible for an e-Visa by selecting your nationality and destination in our web checker tool here:
Continue reading to find out more about who’s eligible for an eVisa and what you need to do to apply.
Citizens from the following countries and territories are eligible to apply for an Electronic Visa as long as you have a Letter of Invitation (LOI).
Antigua and Barbuda
Central African Republic
Democratic People’s Republic of Korea
Papua New Guinea
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Sao Tome and Principe.
Trinidad and Tobago
Along with your application you also need to provide the following documents:
- A scan of your passport’s bio page. Your passport must be valid for at least 3 months from the visa expiration date and have at least 2 blank pages for stamping.
- Your Letter of Invitation (LOI) including the Kazakh invitation number. A tour operator can provide this letter for you.
If you’re coming from a country with a risk of yellow fever, you’ll be required to present a certificate of yellow fever vaccination upon arrival. You can find the list of countries on the website of the World Health Organisation.
The following Kazakhstan visa-free countries may enter without an authorisation for limited periods of time:
- For up to 90 days: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Mongolia, Russia, and Ukraine.
- For up to 30 days: All European Union citizens, Argentina, Australia, Bahrain, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Iceland, Indonesia, Israel, Japan, Kuwait, Liechtenstein, Malaysia, Mexico, Monaco, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Philippines, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Singapore, South Korea, Switzerland, Tajikistan, Thailand, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States.
- Hong Kong citizens may visit visa-free for up to 14 days.
All nationalities that are not listed above must apply in person at a Kazakhstan embassy.
Kazakhstan Visa Application Process
Byevisa’s application process is straightforward. All you need to do is complete the following steps and you’ll be on your way to Kazakhstan.
1. First, you need to obtain a Letter of Invitation (LOI), also known as Visa Support. This can be requested from an official tour operator or travel agency. You can apply as early as 3 months before your trip, and no less than 20 days before your trip.
2. Once you’ve received your LOI, proceed to fill out our online application form. Our form asks for information about yourself as it appears in your passport, as well as some trip details like your travel dates and where you’re staying.
3. To finish and submit your application, you make 1 easy payment that includes the government’s visa fee plus Byevisa’s processing fee. Our fee varies based on the service speed you select: 5, 7 or 9 business days.
4. Once your application is submitted, Byevisa processes it according to the timeframe you selected.
5. When your authorisation is approved, we send your eVisa by email to the email address you provided in your application. You must print this document to show the customs agent when you arrive.
Please keep in mind that you also need to provide a scan of your passport’s information page and your LOI.
Your authorisation is valid for 30 days starting with the arrival date you specify in your application.
Kazakhstan Visa Application Form and Documents
You can complete Byevisa’s online application from any computer, tablet or mobile device. Below we outline the steps of the application process.
1. Select your nationality and your destination country (Kazakhstan) from the eligibility checker tool, or use the application button below.
2. From there, you are taken to the form where you must fill in the following information:
- Your email address.
- Your first name and your surname as they appear in your passport.
- Your gender.
- Your date of birth.
- Your nationality.
- The country where you currently live.
- The address and city where you currently live.
- Your employment status and information about your employer.
- Your arrival and departure dates for Kazakhstan.
- Places you intend to visit during your stay.
- Whether you’re staying with family or friends, or in a hotel.
- The address where you’re staying.
- Your passport number and its issue and expiration dates.
If you’re travelling with other people, you can add a new applicant and include their details. However, if you are travelling with children, you cannot apply for an eVisa and must apply in person.
3. Check to make sure all your application details match your passport. Once you’ve confirmed everything is correct, make your payment by entering a debit or credit card number or choosing PayPal and submit the form.
4. When your application is approved, we send your eVisa by email. You need to print your authorisation to present at the border control upon arrival.
Please be aware that you must also provide these required documents:
- Your passport information page.
- Your Letter of Invitation from a tour operator.
How to Check Your Kazakhstan Tourist Visa Application Status
Your eVisa will arrive in your email inbox after the processing time you selected has passed. However, if you need more assistance, for example if you notice that you’ve made a mistake on your application, please get in touch with us by clicking on the Status section and filling the form in with:
- Your name.
- The email address you used to apply.
- The subject of your message.
- A message with more details about your issue.
In the unusual case that you haven’t received your authorisation by email in the processing time expected, please use the form and someone from our customer support team will respond as soon as possible.
How Much Does a Kazakhstan Visa Cost?
The Kazakhstan visa fee is 60 USD. Byevisa charges an additional fee to process your paperwork according to how quickly you need your application processed. We offer 3 service speeds: Standard, Rapid, and Highly Rapid.
- Standard service costs 20 USD and has a processing time of 9 business days.
- With our Rapid service, you pay 40 USD and we process your travel pass in 7 business days.
- Highly Rapid service has a fee of 60 USD and takes 5 business days to process.
More Kazakhstan Visa Questions and Information
If you need more information about how to apply for a Kazakhstan visa online, we have compiled some frequently asked questions to help you with the process.