A visa is required. We can assist in processing this document.
Travel Document Type
Byevisa Processing Fee
All About the Kenya E Visa
If you’re travelling to Kenya in the foreseeable future, you’ll be pleased to hear that you can now apply for and obtain your travel authorisation online. This is called the Electronic Visa (eVisa) system, and the Kenyan government introduced it in September 2015 to facilitate tourist visits to the country.
The Kenya visitor visa is valid for 90 days from the date of issue, although its validity can be extended for a further 90 days once you’re in the country at Kenya’s immigration authorities. It’s a Single-Entry visa, meaning that you can only enter and exit the country once. If you intend to go in and out of Kenya repeatedly, perhaps to visit nearby Uganda or Ethiopia, you’ll therefore need multiple eVisas.
To acquire your Kenya tourist visa, you’ll need supporting documents including a passport with at least 6 months’ validity remaining from your date of entry, a scan of your passport’s personal bio page, a scanned passport photo, proof of your flights in and out of Kenya, plus proof of your accommodation booking.
It’s easy to get your Kenya visa online with Byevisa. You just enter your personal and passport details into our online form, and select how fast you want to receive your travel pass. We take care of the rest!
- 1 What Is the Difference Between a Kenya e-Visa vs a Visa on Arrival (VoA)?
- 2 Kenya Visa Requirements and Eligibility
- 3 Kenya e-Visa Forms and Documents
- 4 Kenya Visa Online Application Process
- 5 Kenya Tourist Visa Status Check
- 6 What Is the Kenya Visa Cost?
- 7 More Kenya Travel Visa Questions and Information
What Is the Difference Between a Kenya e-Visa vs a Visa on Arrival (VoA)?
The Kenya e-Visa is a modern, digital method to obtain your travel authorisation. You can apply with any electronic device, whether that’s your PC, tablet or mobile. Also, you can apply from wherever you are, whether you’re at home, at work, or out and about.
It takes just a few minutes to enter your details, and once you’ve done so, your travel authorisation arrives in your email inbox for you to print and take with you. So you no longer need a Kenya embassy visa. You simply sit back and relax until it’s time to start your trip.
By comparison, you apply for a Visa on Arrival (VoA) when you arrive after your flight. You may have to join a lengthy queue of people who’re also getting their VoA, and fill in complex forms by hand, when you’d rather be exploring Kenya and enjoying your holiday.
Kenya Visa Requirements and Eligibility
Fortunately, citizens of the vast majority of the world’s territories are eligible for the Kenya eVisa, including the US, UK, EU, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and India.
To find out if you can obtain this online travel document, consult our eligibility checker tool.
Alternatively, find below the full list of eligible nationalities:
Antigua and Barbuda
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Central African Republic
Sao Tome and Principe
United Arab Emirates
United Kingdom (British)
You can only apply for this travel authorisation online if you have a passport. If you only possess a national ID card, you need to apply for a visa at your nearest Kenyan embassy or consulate.
Please note that all adults you’re travelling with must obtain their own visa. Children under the age of 16 aren’t required to get a travel pass, although you’ll need to present their valid flight or travel documents when you arrive.
You’re eligible to apply for this eVisa if you’re visiting for tourism, business, education, employment, medical, religion, settlement/family and “other”.
Entry into Kenya is at the border authority’s discretion. Obtaining a valid eVisa maximises your chances of being allowed entry, although it does not guarantee it.
If you’re visiting Kenya from a country at risk of yellow fever, you must be vaccinated first. To see if this applies to you, visit the World Health Organisation’s (WHO) website. If you do need a vaccine before your visit, consult your doctor to learn more.
Lastly, the following 43 countries are eligible to visit Kenya for up to 90 days (unless otherwise stated) without a visa. So it’s your lucky day!
Papua New Guinea
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Trinidad and Tobago
*For visits up to 30 days
Kenya e-Visa Forms and Documents
Find below the full list of documents and information you need to apply for your Kenya tourist visa with Byevisa:
1. You first need the following supporting documents:
- A passport with at least 6 months’ validity remaining from your date of entry.
- At least 1 blank page in your passport.
- A scan of your passport’s personal bio page to upload as part of your application.
- A scan of a colour passport photo taken in the last 6 months, with a white background. This must show your full face, and not be your passport’s photo.
- Proof of your onward or return travel arrangements out of Kenya, like a flight ticket.
- Proof of your hotel booking or accommodation.
- Proof of your travel itinerary, such as any tourist bookings you’ve made.
- A debit/credit card or PayPal account to pay for your application.
2. Next, once you’ve compiled these documents, click the Apply button at the top of this page to go to our personal/passport details form. You need to enter some passport information, so be sure to have this handy before you start! This information includes:
- Your email address, so that we can send you your valid travel pass.
- Your intended arrival and exit dates from Kenya.
- A phone number, in case we need to get in touch with you.
- Your first name, middle name and last name.
- Your gender.
- Your nationality, as it is on your passport.
- Your date of birth.
- The country where you were born.
- The country where you reside.
- Your passport number.
- Your passport’s issue and expiry dates.
- The visa you’re applying for (in this case, the 90-day Single-Entry eVisa).
- Your port of arrival.
3. Lastly, when you pay for your application, you also need the following details. You need your debit/credit card or PayPal login, so be sure to have these at the ready to type in!
- Your name as it appears on your debit or credit card.
- Your debit or credit card number.
- Your debit or credit card’s expiry date, and issue date if applicable.
- Your debit or credit card’s 3-digit CVV/CVC security code, on the back.
- Alternatively, to pay by PayPal, your PayPal username and password.
That’s it! These are all the forms and documents you need to obtain your eVisa.
Kenya Visa Online Application Process
To apply for your Kenya tourist visa with Byevisa is easy as pie. Here’s how:
1. Enter your nationality and your destination into our eligibility checker. You’ll immediately see:
- If you’re eligible to apply for this travel document.
- The Kenyan government’s fee of 53 USD.
- Byevisa’s lowest processing fee of 35 USD.
- Our fastest processing time of 2 hours.
2. Click the apply button to go to our personal/passport details form. Here you enter some basic information such as your full name, date of birth and passport number. You can also go directly to the application form by clicking the button below.
Please enter the details for all adults you’re travelling with, as they need their own eVisas. However, children under the age of 16 are exempt from needing this eVisa, and need only present their flight or travel document on arrival.
3. Select how fast you want to obtain your eVisa. We offer 3 processing speeds:
- Standard: Get your travel pass in 5 business days for a 35 USD processing fee.
- Rapid: Get it in 2 business days for a 65 USD processing fee.
- Highly Rapid: Get it in 2 hours for a 100 USD processing fee.
If you’ve left applying for your travel document to the last moment, our Highly Rapid service is ideal. You can get your eVisa in time to take with you to the airport!
4. Pay for your application with your debit/credit card or PayPal, and submit the completed form.
You’ll receive an email confirming your application. Then, you’ll receive another email with your validated travel document within the processing timeframe you’ve selected. Voila!
Kenya Tourist Visa Status Check
To check the status of your application, just do the following:
1. Scroll up to the main menu, and click on the Status button.
2. Enter your name, email address and query.
There you can check various things, including:
- If your application has been accepted.
- Your eVisa’s issue date and expiry date, plus how long it’s got left.
- If your application was rejected, and why if we know the answer.
- If your application remains pending.
Please only get in touch once your application’s processing timeframe has expired. For example, if your eVisa is due in 5 days, then contact us on the 6th day. Otherwise, we’ll still be processing your application.
If you spot that you made a mistake on your application, please contact us as soon as possible using the form. We’ll endeavour to correct the mistake before we process your application, so that you don’t have to apply again.
However, if we’ve already processed your application by the time you get in touch, you’ll have to submit a new application and pay the corresponding fee.
What Is the Kenya Visa Cost?
The Kenyan government charges 53 USD for its 90-day Single-Entry travel pass. In addition, Byevisa charges a processing fee to obtain your authorisation on your behalf. To obtain your eVisa in 5 business days costs 35 USD, to get it in 2 business days costs 65 USD, and to get it in 2 hours costs 100 USD.
So the total you pay is a combination of the Kenyan government’s charge plus Byevisa’s processing cost. For example, let’s say that you’ve left acquiring your Kenya tourist visa to the last minute, and want to get it as fast as possible to take on your flight tomorrow. In this case, you’ll pay 153 USD (53 USD government fee + 100 USD processing charge).
More Kenya Travel Visa Questions and Information
Would you like to know more about this travel authorisation ahead of your trip? If so, please find below a list of Byevisa’s most Frequently Asked Questions to help you.