An eVisa is required. We can assist in processing this document.
Travel Document Type
eVisa (Single Entry)
USD 8.00 – 90.00 (Depends on Nationality)
Byevisa Processing Fee
10 business days
Travel Document Type
eVisa (Multiple Entry)
USD 8.00 – 90.00 (Depends on Nationality)
Byevisa Processing Fee
10 business days
All About the Pakistan Visa
Pakistan’s Electronic Visa (eVisa) system is available to visitors from 191 countries. The eVisa application is a convenient way for tourists to obtain authorisation without travelling to an embassy. Almost everyone is required to apply for a visa to be able to visit the home of the Karakoram mountain highway, and Byevisa has made it easy to apply for a Pakistan tourist visa online.
If you’re from Australia, Canada, Europe, the US, New Zealand or the UK, you need a visa for Pakistan and you can get one online by filling out our application form. On the other hand, if you’re from India, you must apply at an embassy.
This authorisation for most eligible nationalities is valid for 90 days starting from the date you receive it, and you may stay for a maximum of 30 days. Meanwhile, US citizens are eligible for a tourist visa that is valid for 5 years and allows a 90-day maximum stay.
E-Visas to enter this South Asian nation can be either Single Entry or Multiple Entry.
A Pakistan e-Visa fee varies between 8.00 USD and 90.00 USD depending on your nationality and whether you choose Single or Multiple Entry. In addition, Byevisa charges a processing fee to handle your paperwork, starting as low as 40.00 USD.
Below we explain in detail how to apply for your Pakistan eVisa with Byevisa.
- 1 What’s the Difference Between an eVisa and a Pakistan Visa on Arrival (VoA)?
- 2 Pakistan Visa Requirements and Eligibility
- 3 Pakistan Visa Application Process
- 4 Pakistan Visa Application Form and Documents
- 5 How to Check Your Pakistan Tourist Visa Application Status
- 6 How Much Does a Pakistan Visa Cost?
- 7 More Pakistan Visa Questions and Information
What’s the Difference Between an eVisa and a Pakistan Visa on Arrival (VoA)?
An Electronic Visa (eVisa) is obtained online in advance of your trip and saves you time by eliminating the need to fill out paperwork at a consulate or embassy.
Byevisa is the smartest way to apply for your eVisa online. We process your paperwork on your behalf, and when it’s approved we send your authorisation to you by email.
On the other hand, a Visa on Arrival (VoA) is obtained upon arrival at the port of entry. While Pakistan offers a Visa on Arrival to some nationalities, to be eligible, travellers must obtain an electronic authorisation in advance. To find out more click here.
Pakistan Visa Requirements and Eligibility
You’re probably wondering, ‘Do I need a visa for Pakistan?’ With our checker tool below, you can find out if you’re eligible for an e-Visa by selecting your nationality and destination:
Continue reading to find out more about who’s eligible for an eVisa and what the requirements are.
Citizens from these countries and territories are eligible to apply for an Electronic Visa:
Antigua and Barbuda
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Central African Republic
Congo (Democratic Republic)
Cote d’ Ivoire (Ivory Coast)
Holy See (Vatican City)
Palestinian territory, occupied
Papua New Guinea
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Sao Tome and Principe
Trinidad & Tobago
Below meanwhile, we highlight the nationalities that are exempt from visa requirements, as well as the nationalities that must apply in person at a Pakistan embassy. All others may apply online with Byevisa, giving you more time to plan the more adventurous parts of your trip.
With your application you also need to attach the following documents:
- A digital passport photo that is no more than 6 months old, measuring 45mm high by 35mm wide. The photo must be taken against a white background.
- A scan of your passport’s bio page. Your passport must be valid for 6 months from your date of arrival and have at least 1 blank page.
- Your hotel reservation.
- You may also need to supply proof of your residence if you’re applying from a country other than the nationality listed in your passport.
If you’re arriving from a country with a yellow fever risk, you’ll be required to present a certificate of vaccination for this disease upon arrival. You can check the list of countries on the World Health Organisation’s website.
The following nationalities must apply in person at a Pakistan embassy:
- Armenia, Eswatini, India, Israel, North Korea, Somalia, Sudan.
Lastly, if you’re a citizen of one the following visa-free countries for Pakistan, you don’t need an authorisation:
- Maldives (for visits up to 3 months), Nepal (up to 30 days), Western Samoa (up to 30 days), Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago.
Pakistan Visa Application Process
Byevisa’s application is simple to complete, leaving you more time to plan your journey through the Indus Valley, home to one of the world’s oldest civilizations.
On our application form, you provide information about yourself as it appears in your passport. You also provide trip details such as your travel dates and where you’re staying.
You make your payment at the time of your application. You make one payment that includes the government’s visa fee plus Byevisa’s processing fee. We offer 3 processing speeds: 10, 13 or 15 business days.
After submitting your application, Byevisa processes it in the timeframe according to the service speed you selected.
- We send your approved eVisa by email to the email address you specify in your application. You must print this authorisation to show the customs agent when you arrive.
- If Pakistan immigration officials require more information than you’ve included in your application, you could be requested to go to your nearest Pakistan consulate for an in-person interview. If this is the case, Byevisa will contact you with the interview location, time and date well in advance.
- Your authorisation is valid for 90 days from the date it’s approved. This means you must enter during that 90-day period, otherwise you have to apply again. Your 30-day maximum stay is counted from the date you arrive. The only exception is for US citizens, who can receive a 5-year authorisation and can stay for up to 90 days per visit.
- If you need more time to visit the nation’s stunning mountain ranges or cultural sites, you can apply for a Visa Extension from within Pakistan for up to 6 months.
Pakistan Visa Application Form and Documents
You can complete Byevisa’s online application from any computer, tablet or mobile device. Below we outline the steps of the application process.
1. Select your nationality and your destination country (Pakistan) from the form at the top of the page.
2. Click ‘Apply Now’ to begin filling in the following information:
- Your email address.
- Your first name and your surname as they appear in your passport.
- The dates of your arrival and departure.
- Your gender.
- The country where you were born.
- Your nationality at birth.
- Your current nationality.
- Your port of entry and departure.
- Whether you’re applying for Single or Multiple Entry.
- Your marital status.
- If you have dual citizenship, your other nationality.
- Your legal status in the country where you are applying from, if different from your home country.
- Your father’s name and nationality.
- Your mother’s name and nationality.
- Your current and previous employers, along with their contact information.
- Your mobile phone number.
- The purpose of your visit.
- Whether you’ve visited any other countries in the last 3 years. If so, include the city and country and the duration of your visit.
- Whether you’ve been granted a Pakistan visa before.
- Whether you’ve ever been refused a visa before.
- Whether you’ve been convicted of any crime.
- The name, address and phone number of where you’ll be staying.
- Whether you plan to travel to Azad Jammu and Kashmir during your visit.
If you’re travelling with other people, click ‘Add New Applicant’ where you fill in the accompanying members’:
- Full name.
- Passport number.
- Date of birth.
- Country of birth.
- Relationship to you.
It’s important to note that each member of your group, including children, need their own separate eVisa to present upon arrival.
As part of your application, you also upload the required supporting documents:
- Your passport information page.
- Your passport photo.
- Your hotel reservation confirmation.
- If you are applying from a country that’s different from your nationality, you must upload proof of your residence in that country.
3. Review all your application details, and then proceed to enter your payment information. Here you enter either a debit/credit card number or choose to pay via PayPal. When you’re ready to send your application, click ‘Submit.’
4. When your application is approved, we send your eVisa by email. You need to print your authorisation to present at the border control upon arrival.
How to Check Your Pakistan Tourist Visa Application Status
Byevisa keeps you informed every step of the way. You can easily check the status of your Pakistan eVisa as follows.
To check your eVisa status in your account, click the ‘Log in’ button in our main menu. From there, enter the following details:
- The email address you used to apply for your Visa.
- Your order identification number.
Once you log in, please send us a message with details about your issue. Someone from our customer support team will respond as soon as possible. You can find out information including:
- If your application has been approved.
- The start date and expiration date of your travel authorisation.
- Whether we’re still processing your visa application.
- If your application has been denied by immigration officials, and the reason.
You can also contact us if your travel pass has been denied, or in the unusual case that you haven’t received it in the processing time that you expected.
How Much Does a Pakistan Visa Cost?
The Pakistan visa fee ranges from 8.00 USD to 90.00 USD and depends on your nationality. You can use our eligibility checker tool above to calculate the fee for your nationality.
Byevisa charges an additional fee to process your paperwork according to how quickly you need your authorisation. We offer 3 service speeds: Standard, Rapid, and Highly Rapid.
- Standard service costs 40.00 USD and has a processing time of 15 business days.
- With our Rapid service, you pay 60.00 USD and we process your travel pass in 13 business days.
- Highly Rapid service has a fee of 80.00 USD and takes 10 business days to process.
More Pakistan Visa Questions and Information
If you need more information about how to apply for a Pakistan visa online, we have compiled some frequently asked questions to help you with the process.
If your application is denied, we’ll email you so that you can amend and resubmit your application. If you apply again, you’ll need to pay the government and processing fees a second time.