An eVisa is required. We can assist in processing this document.
Travel Document Type
Byevisa Processing Fee
1 business day
All About the Papua New Guinea Visa
Papua New Guinea requires all visitors to obtain an Entry Permit. In 2018 the island nation launched an Electronic Visa (eVisa) system, making it easier for many nationalities to apply for a Papua New Guinea visa online. If you’re travelling for recreational or tourism purposes and you’re from an eligible country, you can apply for your visitor Entry Permit online with Byevisa.
You can stay for up to either 30 or 60 days, depending on which country you’re from. As an example, if you’re from Australia, China or India then you’re eligible for a 30-day stay. If you’re a citizen of the US, UK, New Zealand or the European Union you’re permitted to visit for up to 60 days.
The Entry Permit document for Papua New Guinea has a validity of 180 days from the date of issue and you have to enter during that time. Otherwise, the authorisation becomes invalid and you’ll need to apply again.
Tourist eVisas for this island nation are valid for Single Entry only. The cost of a Papua New Guinea e-Visa is 50.00 USD. Additionally, Byevisa charges a nominal processing fee to handle your paperwork for you.
Here we explain in-depth how to apply for your eVisa with Byevisa.
- 1 Papua New Guinea eVisa Versus Visa on Arrival
- 2 Papua New Guinea Visa Requirements and Eligibility
- 3 Papua New Guinea Travel Visa Application Process
- 4 Papua New Guinea eVisa Documents and Forms
- 5 How to Check Your Papua New Guinea Tourist Visa Status
- 6 How Much Does a Papua New Guinea Visa Cost?
- 7 More Papua New Guinea Visa Questions and Information
Papua New Guinea eVisa Versus Visa on Arrival
An eVisa lets you apply online before travelling, rather than carrying your paperwork with you to apply at a consulate or embassy. Once it’s approved, you receive the digital authorisation in your email inbox that you need to print before you go. Upon arrival, you show your printed eVisa to customs officials at the airport.
Applying for your Papua New Guinea eVisa online with Byevisa lets you skip the queues and the paper forms, saving you time and energy.
By comparison, a Visa on Arrival is an authorisation that travellers can apply for upon landing in the country. Some nationalities are eligible to apply for a Visa on Arrival, but there’s normally a queue and you have to fill out the required forms by hand.
Papua New Guinea Visa Requirements and Eligibility
Is your nationality eligible for an eVisa for Papua New Guinea? Choose your country of origin and where you’re going in our visa checker tool below and we’ll show you whether you can get an eVisa and for how long:
Below we explain who’s eligible for an eVisa and how to apply in more detail.
Citizens from the following countries and territories are eligible to apply for an eVisa for a 60-day stay:
All European Union citizens
If you’re from one of these countries, you’re eligible for an eVisa for a 30-day stay:
Antigua and Barbuda
St Kitts and Nevis
St Vincent & Grenadines
If you’re from any other country than the ones listed above, you’re required to apply for a visa in person at your nearest Papua New Guinea embassy.
With your online eVisa application you upload a scan of your passport’s bio page. Your passport must be valid for a minimum of 6 months from the date you plan to finish your trip and have at least 1 blank page for your visa.
Are you travelling from a country that has a yellow fever risk? If so, you’ll be required to show a vaccination certificate upon arrival. See the list of countries requiring yellow fever vaccination on the World Health Organisation’s (WHO) website.
Papua New Guinea Travel Visa Application Process
Byevisa has streamlined the application process, saving you time and energy to plan your holiday.
- On our application form, you fill in some details from your passport as well as information about your trip dates and where you’re staying. You also need to upload a scan of your passport’s bio page.
- We process your application according to the service speed you select – either 1, 3 or 5 business days. Our processing fee depends on the service speed you select, starting as low as 35.00 USD.
- The visa fee and our processing fee are paid at the time you submit your application, either with your credit or debit card or by PayPal.
- Your approved eVisa is sent to you by email from Byevisa, and you need to print it to take with you to show at the border control when you arrive. This document is valid for 180 days from the date of issue, so you can enter at any time during that period.
Once you arrive, you’re permitted to stay up to 30 or 60 days, depending on your nationality.
If your authorisation is for 60 days, but you need more time to get your fill of diving, snorkelling and hiking, you can extend your Entry Permit. You can do so by visiting a local immigration office in person to apply for an extension and pay a fee. This must be done well in advance of your current visa’s expiration date.
Papua New Guinea eVisa Documents and Forms
It’s easy to fill out your Papua New Guinea visa application on a computer, tablet or mobile device. Byevisa processes your information and your payment quickly and securely.
The Papua New Guinea eVisa costs 50.00 USD. Byevisa’s processing fees vary according to the speed you select when you apply:
- Standard service costs 35.00 USD, and we’ll process your application in 5 business days.
- Rapid service costs 65.00 USD and we’ll process it in 3 business days.
- Highly Rapid service costs 100.00 USD and takes just 1 business day to process.
Here we outline the steps to apply for your Entry Permit:
1. Select your nationality and your destination country (Papua New Guinea) from the form above.
2. Click ‘Apply Now’ to continue to the next page and fill in the following information:
- A valid email address to send your Entry Permit when it’s approved.
- Your first name and surname.
- Your passport number, its place of issue, its issue date and its expiration date.
- Your gender.
- The country where you were born.
- Your nationality.
- The length of your desired stay.
- How you will fund your stay.
- Your marital status.
- Your current address.
- Your phone number.
- Whether you’ve ever visited Papua New Guinea before.
- Whether you have ever been charged with or convicted of a criminal offence.
- Whether you have ever been deported from or refused entry to any country.
- Whether you suffer from a disease which would constitute a health risk.
If you’re submitting an application for more than one person, click ‘Add New Applicant’.
As part of your application, you also upload your scanned passport information page.
3. Review your application information, ensuring that your passport data matches what you’ve typed into our form. Then enter your bank card information or choose PayPal. Click ‘Submit’ to finalise and send your application.
4. When your application is approved, we send your official Entry Permit by email. It’s important to print your authorisation to show immigration officials when you arrive, along with your passport.
How to Check Your Papua New Guinea Tourist Visa Status
We understand you’re looking forward to starting your journey. To see the status of your Entry Permit, you can do so as follows:
Just click the ‘Status’ button in our main menu and, on the following page, fill out the support request form with:
- Your full name.
- The email address on your application.
- The reason for your request.
- A message with details about your issue.
Click ‘Submit’ to send the message. One of our customer support agents will respond to your request as soon as possible. You can find out information including:
- If your Entry Permit application has been approved.
- The start date and expiration date of your Visa.
- Whether your application is still being processed.
- If your application has been denied by immigration officials, and the reason.
In the unlikely case that your application is denied or you haven’t heard from us by the end of your anticipated processing time, get in touch with us. We’re here to help.
How Much Does a Papua New Guinea Visa Cost?
The Papua New Guinea immigration department charges 50.00 USD for an e-Visa. Byevisa’s processing fee varies depending on which service speed you select when you apply. Our Standard service costs 35.00 USD, Rapid service costs 65.00 USD and Highly Rapid service has a price of 100.00 USD.
You pay the e-Visa fee and the processing fee together at the end of your application with a bank card or PayPal.
More Papua New Guinea Visa Questions and Information
If you’re searching for more information about the eVisa for Papua New Guinea, we have compiled some frequently asked questions to help guide you through the process.
To minimise the chance of your application being rejected, it’s important to revise all your application details and check that they match what’s on your passport.
At the time of your application, use the same passport you will use when you travel. You’ll also need to present that same passport at the airport along with your printed Entry Permit that you receive by email.