A visa is required. We can assist in processing this document.
Travel Document Type
(paid on arrival)
Byevisa Processing Fee
2 business days
All About Angola Visas
In 2018 the Republic of Angola launched an Electronic Visa (eVisa) system to simplify the application process for tourists. With this new system, those applying can obtain what’s called a “pre-visa” online and then pick up the actual visa upon arrival by presenting the approved eVisa (or pre-visa) document.
Nationals from around 60 countries are eligible to apply for an Angola visa online. Visitors from Australia, Canada, China, Europe, India, New Zealand, the US, the UK and more can apply for this electronic travel pass from any computer, tablet or mobile device with Byevisa.
The Angola tourist eVisa is Multiple Entry and allows a maximum stay of 30 days. The eVisa document is valid for 60 days from its issue date, so you must enter the country during those 60 days, otherwise you’ll need to apply for a new authorisation.
The Angola eVisa government fee is 120 USD which is paid in cash upon arrival at the airport when you pick up your official visa.
Byevisa charges a fee to process your paperwork on your behalf, which saves you time to relax or plan your journey. This fee is paid online at the time of your application. Our services start at 30 USD.
The only airports or border checkpoints where you can enter with this eVisa are:
- Lubango Airport
- Quatro de Fevereiro Airport (Luanda)
- Calai (Namibia border)
- Curoca (Namibia border)
- Katwitwi (Namibia border)
- Luau (Democratic Republic of the Congo border)
- Massabi (Republic of the Congo border)
Below we provide more information on how to apply for your Angola eVisa with Byevisa.
- 1 What’s the Difference Between an eVisa and an Angola Visa on Arrival?
- 2 Angola Visa Requirements and Eligibility
- 3 Angola Tourist Visa Application Process
- 4 Angola Visa Application Form and Documents
- 5 How to Check Your Angola Tourist Visa Application Status
- 6 How Much Does an Angola Visa Cost?
- 7 More Angola Visa Questions and Information
What’s the Difference Between an eVisa and an Angola Visa on Arrival?
For Angola, an eVisa is the authorisation that you use to obtain a Visa on Arrival. With Byevisa the process is simple: you apply for an eVisa (also called a pre-visa in this case) online before your trip by filling out the application form and uploading the required documents.
When your application is approved, you receive your electronic authorisation by email. You need to print this eVisa to present at the border when you arrive, along with other required documents. At this point you’ll be able to pick up your Visa on Arrival.
For some other countries, a Visa on Arrival is obtained upon entering the country without having to complete any paperwork in advance. However, Angola’s immigration department doesn’t permit any visitors to obtain a Visa on Arrival without applying online in advance for an eVisa.
Angola Visa Requirements and Eligibility
Are you eligible for an Angola eVisa? You can find out by selecting your nationality and destination with our web checker tool here:
Below we explain in more detail who can apply for the eVisa and how to do it.
The following nationalities and territories are eligible to apply for an Electronic Visa with Byevisa:
All EU citizens
São Tomé and Príncipe
United Arab Emirates
You need to provide the following information with your application:
- A valid email address where we can send your approved authorisation.
- A photocopy of your passport’s information page. The passport has to be valid for 1 year after your eVisa expires and must have 4 blank pages.
- A passport photo in JPEG format with a white background, no more than 200 KB in file size.
- A yellow fever vaccination certificate, as Angola has a risk of yellow fever transmission.
- Proof of your accommodation such as a hotel reservation.
- A bank statement showing proof of sufficient funds.
- Your air ticket reservation showing your return flight.
When you arrive to Angola, you pick up your Visa on Arrival. To do so, you must present your original passport, your printed eVisa, and all the other documents mentioned above that you also provide to Byevisa.
If you’re from one of these Angola visa-free countries, you can stay for a maximum of 30 days without needing an authorisation:
- Botswana, Cape Verde, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Rwanda, Seychelles, Singapore, South Africa, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
All other nationalities than the ones listed here must apply for a visa in person at an Angola embassy or consulate.
Angola Tourist Visa Application Process
With Byevisa’s application, you can get on your way faster by letting us handle your paperwork on your behalf. Below we outline the easy steps of our application process.
1. First, you fill out our application form with information about yourself including your name, passport number, and country of birth, and some trip details like your travel dates.
2. You pay Byevisa’s processing fee at the time of your application. You can choose between our 3 convenient processing speeds of 2, 4 or 6 business days.
3. After you submit your application, Byevisa processes it in the timeframe selected.
4. Once your application is approved, we send your eVisa directly to your email inbox. You must print this authorisation to present when you pick up your Visa on Arrival in Angola.
Keep in mind that you also need to provide digital copies of the required documents and present the physical copies at the border when you arrive.
Your eVisa is valid for up to 60 days from its issue date so you need to enter the country during that timeframe. Once you enter, you can stay for up to 30 days. If you haven’t gotten your fill of adventure in western Africa, you may apply for an extension of up to 30 more days at a local immigration office.
Angola Visa Application Form and Documents
Here we provide step-by-step instructions on how to apply for your electronic travel pass:
1. Select your nationality and your destination (Angola) from the visa checker tool above to see if you’re eligible. You can also go directly to the form by clicking the button below:
2. Fill in the form with the following information:
- Your email address.
- Your full name.
- Your arrival and departure dates.
- Your passport number and its issue and expiration dates.
- Your gender.
- Your place and country of birth.
- Your nationality.
- Your profession.
- Your marital status.
- Your current address with city, zip or post code and country.
- Your phone number.
- The address where you’ll be staying, including the city.
- The phone number of your hotel or host.
- The airport or border checkpoint of your arrival.
If you’re completing an application for more than one person, you can add a new applicant and fill in their relevant information.
3. Revise all your information to make sure it matches your passport data. Then pay our processing fee by entering your credit/debit card number or choosing PayPal, and submit the form.
4. When your authorisation is approved, we send it to you by email. You must print your eVisa to present at the border control when you arrive.
Please remember that you must also provide digital copies of the required documents, plus the physical copies when you arrive:
- A scan of your passport’s information page.
- A digital passport photo with a white background in JPG format with a maximum file size of 200KB.
- Your yellow fever vaccination certificate.
- Your hotel reservation or other proof of accommodation.
- Your recent bank statement showing proof of sufficient funds.
- Your return air ticket reservation.
How to Check Your Angola Tourist Visa Application Status
We know you’re ready to get started on your journey. Your eVisa is delivered straight to your email inbox, but if you need assistance please reach out to our customer service team by selecting the Status option from the menu and filling out our contact form with the following information:
- Your full name.
- Your email address.
- The subject of your message.
- An explanation of your issue.
Submit your message, and a Byevisa customer support agent will respond to your request as soon as possible.
Please wait to contact us until after the processing time you selected has passed, otherwise we will still be in the process of processing your application. However, if you need to report an error made during application, please contact us as soon as you can.
How Much Does an Angola Visa Cost?
The government fee for an Angola eVisa is 120 USD which is paid in cash upon arrival. The only amount you pay with your application is Byevisa’s processing fee. Our fee varies according to which of our 3 service levels you select: Standard, Rapid, or Highly Rapid.
- With Standard service you pay 30 USD and we process your eVisa in 6 business days.
- With Rapid service you pay 60 USD and we process it in 4 business days.
- Our Highly Rapid service costs 90 USD we process it in just 2 business days.
More Angola Visa Questions and Information
Do you have more questions about the Angola eVisa application? We’ve provided some answers to frequently asked questions to assist you in the process.