A visa is required. We can assist in processing this document.
Travel Document Type
eVisa, Single Entry
Byevisa Processing Fee
8 business days
Travel Document Type
eVisa, Multiple Entry
Byevisa Processing Fee
8 business days
All About Visas for Antigua and Barbuda
The Caribbean nation composed of 2 islands called Antigua and Barbuda has a convenient Electronic Visa (eVisa) system which eliminates the need to visit an embassy to apply for a travel authorisation. Tourists from more than 90 countries are eligible to apply online, while many others may enter visa-free.
For example, if you’re from India, Mexico or the Philippines, you do require a visa and may apply electronically. On the other hand, if you’re from the UK, the US, Australia, New Zealand or most of Europe, you may enter without a visa for up to 180 days.
Applying with Byevisa is the best choice to get your eVisa. We give you the flexibility to apply from any internet-connected device anywhere you are in the world, and we send your approved travel pass to your email inbox when it’s ready.
Antigua and Barbuda offers 2 types of eVisas that have different fees and validity periods:
- The Single-Entry e-Visa is valid for a stay of up to 180 days and costs 100 USD.
- The Multiple-Entry e-Visa allows you to enter and exit as many times as you wish for up to 12 months and the government fee is 200 USD.
Byevisa charges a fee to process your paperwork, and our prices start at 35 USD.
Here at Byevisa we’ve provided all the information you need to get started on your journey to Antigua and Barbuda. Find out how to obtain your eVisa below, and click ‘Apply Now’ to get yours!
- 1 Antigua and Barbuda Visa on Arrival Versus E-Visa
- 2 Antigua and Barbuda Visa Requirements and Eligibility
- 3 Antigua and Barbuda Visa Application Process
- 4 Antigua and Barbuda Visa Application Form and Documents
- 5 Antigua and Barbuda Visa Status Check
- 6 How Much Does an Antigua and Barbuda Visa Cost?
- 7 More Antigua and Barbuda Visa Questions and Information
Antigua and Barbuda Visa on Arrival Versus E-Visa
The difference between these 2 types of visas is that you apply for an eVisa before your trip by completing our online form, and then you receive your official travel document by email. Then, upon arrival in the country, all you need to do is show your e-Visa and passport to the border officials, you get fingerprinted and can pass straight through.
On the other hand, a Visa on Arrival (VoA) may be obtained in some countries when you arrive at the border checkpoint by standing in a long line to fill out forms by hand and pay the visa fee. Antigua and Barbuda does not offer a VoA option to most visitors, while all visitors who need a visa can apply in advance for an electronic authorisation.
Antigua and Barbuda Visa Requirements and Eligibility
Below we explain in depth exactly which countries require a visa as well as the ones that do not. Alternatively, to see if you’re eligible for an electronic authorisation, consult our checker tool here:
Citizens from the following countries and territories require authorisation to enter Antigua and Barbuda and are eligible to apply for an eVisa:
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Central African Republic (CAR)
Congo, Democratic Republic of the
Congo, Republic of the
Myanmar (formerly Burma)
North Macedonia (formerly Macedonia)
Sao Tome and Principe
Vatican City (Holy See)
The first thing you need to be eligible to apply is a valid passport that expires no earlier than 6 months from your intended arrival date. You’re also asked to provide documents proving you have a place to stay and enough money for the duration of your trip.
When you arrive you have to show your passport and your approved eVisa and you’ll have your fingerprints taken at this time.
If you’re travelling with companions, everyone in your group must have their own separate eVisa, even if they are infants or children listed in your own passport.
You need to get a yellow fever vaccination before your trip if you’re travelling from a country where there’s a risk of this disease. See more information about countries that require a vaccination on the World Health Organisation’s (WHO) website.
There are many nationalities that can visit Antigua and Barbuda visa-free.
Citizens of these island territories may enjoy visa-free movement to and from Antigua and Barbuda for an indefinite period of time:
- Dominica, Grenada, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines.
These nationalities can enter visa-free for up to 180 days:
- All European Union citizens except Croatians, Albania, Andorra, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Eswatini, Fiji, Georgia, Guyana, Iceland, Jamaica, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kyrgyzstan, Lesotho, Liechtenstein, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Mexico, Moldova, Monaco, Namibia, Nauru, New Zealand, Norway, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Russia, Samoa, San Marino, Seychelles, Singapore, Solomon Islands, South Africa, South Korea, Suriname, Switzerland, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Trinidad and Tobago, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vatican City, Venezuela, and Zambia.
Finally, these 5 nationalities may visit without a visa for up to 30 days:
- China, Cuba, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan. If you wish to stay longer than 30 days, you may also apply for an eVisa.
These are the requirements to be allowed to enter visa-free:
- You will stay no longer than your nationality is allowed (6 months or 30 days).
- Your passport is valid for a minimum of 6 months from your date of departure.
- You have an onward or return ticket.
- You can show proof of accommodation.
- You can provide evidence of sufficient funds for your stay.
Antigua and Barbuda Visa Application Process
Byevisa makes it easy to complete your eVisa application. Be sure the information you provide matches your passport details. The application process is as follows:
- Complete our online application form with information about yourself and any travel companions and details about your trip.
- You pay the government’s fee and our processing fee in one payment using a credit/debit card or via PayPal.
- From there, Byevisa handles the processing of your paperwork. This takes anywhere between 8 and 14 business days – you choose the speed that works best for you.
- We send your approved eVisa by email to the address you specify in your application. This is the official document you will show at the border control when you arrive. Save a soft copy on your smartphone and print a hard copy to carry with you.
You must also provide the following documents:
- A recent passport photo that is in colour with a white background and your face clearly visible.
- A scanned copy of your passport bio page.
- A scan of the ID card from the country where you’re a resident, or your birth certificate.
- A recent bank statement showing you have sufficient funds.
- Your hotel reservation or letter from the person with whom you’re staying.
- Your return air ticket showing the date you plan to leave the country.
- A police record showing you have no history of criminal activity.
- If you’re going to conduct business or attend school, you need to provide a letter from the school or company.
These documents must be scanned from the originals and must be in colour. Photocopies will not be accepted.
Antigua and Barbuda Visa Application Form and Documents
Below we outline all the steps necessary to apply for your eVisa with Byevisa.
1. Select your nationality from the form above and where you’re going (Antigua and Barbuda) from the visa checker tool, or use the button below.
2. From there, you complete the application form with the following details:
- Your email address.
- Your planned dates of arrival to and departure from Antigua and Barbuda.
- Your passport number, issuing country, and its issue and expiry dates.
- Your first and middle names and surname, matching what’s shown in your passport.
- Your gender.
- The country of your citizenship.
- Your birth date.
- The country where you currently live.
- The place where you were born, including the city, state and country.
- Your national ID number, if you have one.
- Your physical address.
- Your telephone number.
- Your occupation.
- Your employer or school name and address.
- The purpose of your trip.
- The financial means you will have to support you during your stay.
- The contact information of where you’re staying.
- Whether you intend to work or attend school in Antigua and Barbuda.
- Whether you have previously visited the country, and if so, the details of your stay.
- Whether you have previously been issued or refused a visa for Antigua and Barbuda.
- Whether you have immediate family members who are currently in the country.
- Your marital status, and if married, spouse’s full name and birth date.
To add information for your travel companions, use the Add Applicant option and provide the requested information.
3. Check that all your information is correct. Then proceed to enter your credit or debit card number or select PayPal to pay both the eVisa fee and our processing fee. To finalise and make the payment, submit your application.
4. Once your eVisa has been approved, in 8 to 14 business days we send your e-Visa to your email inbox. You need to show this official travel pass at the border checkpoint to enter the country. We recommend printing a copy and saving it to your smartphone.
You must also provide these required documents, making sure they are scanned from the originals:
- A digital passport photo in colour.
- Your passport’s information page.
- Your ID card from the country where you’re a resident.
- A recent bank statement.
- Confirmation of your accommodation arrangements.
- Your return flight confirmation.
- If applicable, a letter from your school or inviting company.
- If applicable, a police record.
Antigua and Barbuda Visa Status Check
After submitting your application, you’ll probably be wondering if your travel authorisation has been approved. In the unlikely case that you haven’t heard from us by the end of your chosen processing timeframe, get in touch with us by clicking ‘Log in’ in the website menu. On our support page, provide the following information so we can assist you better:
- Your email address.
- Your order ID.
- Click ‘Submit’ to log in and send us a message.
Click ‘Submit’ to send the message. One of our customer support agents will respond as quickly as possible. Our customer support team can also provide the following information:
- Whether your authorisation has been approved.
- If it’s still pending approval.
- The start and expiration dates of your travel pass.
- Whether your application was rejected and the reason. Bear in mind that if this is the case, we will notify you by email immediately.
How Much Does an Antigua and Barbuda Visa Cost?
The Antigua and Barbuda government fee for a Single-Entry e-Visa is 100 USD or 200 USD for a Multiple-Entry e-Visa. Byevisa charges an additional service fee depending on how quickly you need your application to be processed. The costs are:
- 35 USD for Standard processing, which takes 14 business days.
- 65 USD for Rapid processing, which takes 11 business days.
- 100 USD for Highly Rapid processing, our fastest option, delivering your travel pass in 8 business days.
More Antigua and Barbuda Visa Questions and Information
Still need more information about how to get a travel pass for Antigua and Barbuda? Here are the answers to some frequently asked questions.