An eTA is required. We can assist in processing this document.
Travel Document Type
Byevisa Processing Fee
10 business days
All About the Argentina eTA
Argentina has introduced an online Electronic Travel Authorisation (eTA, AVE in Spanish) system to facilitate tourism to the country. To be eligible for this digital travel pass, you must have a valid visa from the United States. The following are valid US visa types: B2, J, B1, O, P (P1-P2-P3), E, and H-1B. Your US visa must be valid for least 90 days from the start of your requested Argentina eTA date.
Nationals of 71 countries can apply for their Argentina authorisation online. For example, if you’re from India or China, as long as you have a valid US visa, you are eligible to apply online for an eTA.
On the other hand, if you’re from the European Union, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the US or the UK, you can enter visa-free for up to 90 days.
The Argentina eTA is valid for 90 days. This travel pass can be renewed 1 time for an additional 90 days, for example if you need more time to make it down to Patagonia or up to Iguazu Falls.
The eTA is also Multiple Entry, so you can exit and re-enter the country as many times as you wish during your 90-day permitted stay.
The Argentina eTA government fee is 200 USD. Byevisa charges an additional processing fee to handle your application, and the fee depends on how quickly you need your authorisation. Our processing fees start as low as 35 USD.
Read on to find out how to apply for your Argentina travel authorisation quickly and easily with Byevisa.
What’s the Difference Between an eTA (AVE) and an Argentina Tourist Visa?
An Electronic Travel Authorisation (eTA) is an online visa that you apply for before travelling. It saves you from having to print and fill out paper forms and spend time visiting an Argentinian consulate or embassy. This authorisation is available to citizens of 71 countries (see the list below) who have a US visa that’s valid for 90 days from the date your eTA starts.
With Byevisa you can apply for your eTA from any electronic device. All you need to do is fill out our application form, provide some required documents, and pay the visa and processing fees. When your eTA is approved, we send the authorisation by email. You need to print the document we send and take it with you to present to immigration officials when you arrive.
In contrast, a tourist visa for Argentina requires applying at a consulate or embassy and completing forms by hand. If you’re not eligible for the ETA and you’re not from a visa-exempt country, you need to apply for your Argentina travel visa in person.
Argentina Visa Requirements and Eligibility
You may be asking yourself, “Do I need a visa for Argentina?” To find out if you require a visa, select your nationality and your destination in our web checker tool here:
Continue reading for more information about who can apply and what you need to submit.
The following nationalities are eligible to apply for an eTA with Byevisa:
Antigua and Barbuda
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Central African Republic
Democratic Republic of the Congo
Papua New Guinea
Republic of the Congo
St Tome and Principe
Taiwan** (see below)
Along with your application you need to provide:
- A scan of all the pages of your passport. Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the date you arrive in Argentina and have at least 2 blank pages.
- Your valid US visa, which must be one of the following types: B2, J, B1, O, P (P1-P2-P3), E, or H-1B.
Alternatively, if you’re a citizen of one of the following visa-free countries for Argentina, you’re exempt from needing a travel pass for visits up to 90 days:
- All European Union citizens, Andorra, Armenia, Australia, Barbados, Belarus, Bolivia*, Brazil*, Canada, Chile*, Colombia*, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Georgia, Guatemala, Guyana, Hong Kong with Passport RAEHK, Honduras, Iceland, Israel, Japan, Liechtenstein, Malta, Mexico, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, New Zealand, Nicaragua, North Macedonia, Norway, Panama, Paraguay*, Peru*, Russia, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, San Marino, Serbia, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Suriname, Switzerland, Thailand, Trinidad and Tobago, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay*, Vatican City.
- Citizens of South American countries with an asterisk (*) can enter using a valid ID or a passport; others need a passport.
Citizens of Grenada, Jamaica, Kazakhstan, Malaysia, Hong Kong with British Passport BNO can enter visa-free for up to 30 days with their passport.
Citizens of Venezuela can enter visa-free up to 40 days with valid ID or passport.
**Lastly, the following nationalities must obtain a Travel Certificate for Argentina, which involves submitting paperwork and attending an interview in person at an Argentinian consulate or embassy:
- Kosovo, Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic, Taiwan.
Argentina eTA Application Process
Byevisa’s application process is quick and easy, and we process all your paperwork on your behalf. These are the steps you need to follow to complete your application.
1. Complete our online application form by providing details about yourself such as your nationality and passport number, as well as your travel dates.
2. Make 1 easy payment for your application, which includes the government’s visa fee and Byevisa’s processing fee that varies depending on the service velocity you choose. We offer 3 service speeds of 10, 13 or 16 business days.
3. We process your application according to the service timeframe you choose.
4. Once your application is approved, we send your eTA and your payment confirmation to the email address you provide when you apply. You must print both the eTA and the payment confirmation to show the customs agent when you arrive.
Argentina eTA Application Form and Documents
Byevisa’s quick and secure online eTA application can be completed from anywhere in the world as long as you have an internet connection. Below we outline the application process step by step:
1. Select your nationality and your destination (Argentina) from eligibility checker, or click the button below:
2. Fill in the required fields with the following information:
- Your email address.
- Your full name as it appears in your passport.
- Your planned dates of arrival and departure in Argentina.
- Your gender.
- Your place and country of birth.
- Your nationality at birth.
- Your current nationality.
If you’re travelling with more than one person and you’re applying together, there is an option to add a new applicant so you can enter the relevant details for everyone.
3. In the next step, enter your payment information. You make one easy payment using a credit/debit card or PayPal. Check that all your information is entered correctly and submit your application.
4. We send your approved authorisation and payment confirmation to your email inbox. You must print your authorisation as well as your payment confirmation. You need to show these 2 documents along with your passport at the border control when you arrive.
Please keep in mind that you must also provide the following required documents:
- A scan of all the pages in your passport.
- Your valid US visa.
Want to check the status of your eTA? It will arrive in your email inbox within 10, 13 or 16 business days, depending on the speed you selected. In the rare case you haven’t received within that time, please get in touch by clicking the ‘Log in’ option in the menu. Provide the following information to log in:
- The email address you provided with your application.
- Your order ID.
Then, send us a detailed message with your question. A Byevisa customer support agent will respond as soon as possible.
What is the Cost of an Argentina Visa?
The government fee for an Argentina eTA (AVE) is 200 USD. Also, Byevisa’s additional processing fee varies according to the service you choose when you apply. You make 1 easy payment at the time of your application by credit or debit card or via PayPal.
We offer 3 convenient service speeds: Standard, Rapid, and Highly Rapid.
- Our Standard service has a fee of 35 USD and your application is processed in 16 business days.
- With Rapid service you pay 65 USD and it’s processed in 13 business days.
- Our Highly Rapid service costs 100 USD and we send it to you in 10 business days.
More Argentina eTA Questions and Information
Do you still have questions about the application for the Argentina eTA (AVE)? We’ve compiled some frequently asked questions to guide you through the process.