A visa is required. We can assist in processing this document.
Travel Document Type
Byevisa Processing Fee
All About the Azerbaijan Visa
If you’re intending to travel to Azerbaijan in the foreseeable future, you most likely need a visa, depending on your nationality. Fortunately then, you’re in luck. The government of Azerbaijan introduced its Electronic Visa system in January 2017, to radically simplify the process of applying for and receiving your travel pass to this landlocked Eurasian country.
Now, you simply apply for your eVisa online by entering a few personal and passport details, and you receive the valid documentation in your email inbox, easy peasy. Most nationalities are eligible, including the USA, UK, the EU, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and India.
The Azerbaijan e-Visa is a Single-Entry pass. This means that you can use it to enter this country once, not to enter and exit multiple times, for example if you’re doing a tour of the Eurasian region. It’s for trips of up to 30 days, and it’s valid for 90 days (3 months). For example, this means that if you obtain your authorisation on January 1st, it’s valid until March 31st, and you can stay for up to 30 days within this validity period.
It’s fast and straightforward to apply online with Byevisa, and in this article we’ll show you how!
- 1 What Differences Are There Between an Azerbaijan e-Visa and a Visa On Arrival (VoA)?
- 2 Azerbaijan Visa Requirements and Eligibility
- 3 Azerbaijan Visa Online Application Process
- 4 Azerbaijan e-Visa Forms and Documents
- 5 e-Visa for Azerbaijan Status Check
- 6 How Much Does the Azerbaijan Visa Cost?
- 7 Azerbaijan Visa Online FAQ
What Differences Are There Between an Azerbaijan e-Visa and a Visa On Arrival (VoA)?
The Azerbaijan e-Visa is a digital method to apply for and obtain your travel authorisation. So there’s no need to drive to the embassy, wait from the early hours of the morning in long queues, or speak to immigration officials. Instead, you just enter a few basic personal and passport details online, and receive your valid documentation by email. You then print this, to show to the airport check-in staff and when you arrive in Azerbaijan. You can apply for this eVisa from your computer, tablet or mobile, and it takes just a few minutes.
To compare, you apply for and obtain the Azerbaijan Visa on Arrival (VoA) when you arrive, at the border checkpoint. Inevitably, this means you’ll spend a good long while filling in forms by hand, and waiting at the border control to speak to immigration officials. All in all, the eVisa is an easier, faster and less stressful way to obtain your travel pass than the outdated VoA.
Azerbaijan Visa Requirements and Eligibility
Fortunately, the citizens of a large number of countries are eligible for the eVisa. To see if you’re eligible, consult our handy tool.
You can also check for your country on the following list of who is eligible:
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Holy See (Vatican City)
Republic of Korea (South)
Trinidad and Tobago
United Arab Emirates
United States of America
Please note that your passport must have at least 6 months’ validity remaining from the date the visa is issued. Be sure to check that your passport complies with this requirement when you apply. You’ll also need a digital scan of your passport’s personal bio page in JPEG format.
You’re eligible to apply for an eVisa so long as you haven’t previously broken any laws in Azerbaijan, specifically those referring to Nagorno Karabakh, and you don’t have HIV. Also, if you’re travelling from a country susceptible to yellow fever, you must first get the vaccine. To find out if this is your case, consult the World Health Organisation’s (WHO) website.
Please note that if you’re a citizen of one of the following countries, you’re exempt from needing a visa to enter Azerbaijan. Lucky you!
Visa-exempt: Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkey, Ukraine, Uzbekistan
Azerbaijan Visa Online Application Process
To apply for this travel document with Byevisa is easy as pie. Just follow these steps:
1. Enter your nationality and your destination (in this case, Azerbaijan) into our eligibility checker. You’ll see: (1) if you’re eligible for this travel pass, (2) the government’s fee of 25 USD, (3) Byevisa’s lowest processing fee of 20 USD and our fastest processing time of 6 hours. We charge this fee to obtain your application for you on your behalf, and save you the time and effort!
2. Select the Apply option to go to the personal/passport details page. Here, you’ll input information like your name, country where you reside and your passport issue and expiry dates. We use these details to make your application for you, and it takes just a few minutes. Be sure to enter these details for everyone you’re travelling with, including any children.
3. Select how quickly you’d like to obtain your travel authorisation. With Byevisa’s Standard service, you’ll obtain your valid pass in 4 business days for $20 USD. With our Rapid service, you’ll get it in 2 business days for 50 USD, and with our Highly Rapid service, in 6 hours for 80 USD.
4. Pay for your application. You can do this by debit/credit card or PayPal.
And that’s it! Your valid travel authorisation will arrive soon after in your email inbox, for you to print and take with you on your journey.
To make sure that your application is accepted by the Azerbaijan authorities, be sure to enter your personal details as they appear on your passport. If you’ve got dual nationality, take the passport with you that you apply for your visa with.
Azerbaijan e-Visa Forms and Documents
1. To apply for a travel pass to this Eurasian country you need the following:
- An email address, for us to send you your validated travel pass.
- Some personal and passport details, which we’ll explain in detail below.
- A passport with at least 6 months’ validity left from the date the visa is issued.
- A scanned copy of your passport’s personal bio page, in JPEG format.
2. When you’ve compiled these required documents, you’re ready to apply.
You’ll arrive at the personal/passport details page, where you enter:
- Your email address.
- Your intended entry and exit dates from Azerbaijan.
- Your full name.
- Your gender.
- Your nationality.
- Your date of birth.
- The country you were born in.
- The country you live in.
- Your passport number.
- Your passport’s issue and expiry dates.
- The eVisa you’re applying for. For Azerbaijan, the only available pass is the 30-day Single-Entry authorisation.
3. Once you’ve entered these details, choose how fast you want to receive your authorisation. Byevisa enables you to obtain your eVisa in the following times:
- 20 USD to get your pass in 4 business days, with our Standard service.
- 50 USD to obtain it in 2 business days, with our Rapid service.
- 80 USD processing fee to receive it in 6 hours, with our Highly Rapid service.
You also pay the Azerbaijan government’s fee of 25 USD for your e-Visa.
4. You then pay for your eVisa application. This requires you to enter the following:
- Your name as it appears on your debit or credit card.
- The number of your debit/credit card.
- The expiry month and year of your debit/credit card.
- Your debit/card’s 3-digit CVC security code on the back.
Once you’ve inputted these details, you’re ready to go. Alternatively, you can pay by PayPal.
That’s all it takes! So you can sit back and look forward to your trip, and we’ll send you your travel pass when it’s ready.
e-Visa for Azerbaijan Status Check
To check the status of your application with Byevisa is easy. Just do the following:
At the top of this page, click the ‘Log in’ section. From here, you can learn:
- If it’s still being processed (pending).
- If your application has been approved.
- Its initial date and expiry date, plus its remaining validity.
- If your authorisation was rejected, and why if we have that information.
Please contact us only if and when the processing time for your application has expired. For example, if you’ve selected our Standard service to receive your eVisa in 4 business days, then only get in touch after this number of days has passed. If you contact us before, then we’ll probably still be processing your application!
How Much Does the Azerbaijan Visa Cost?
The Azerbaijan eVisa costs the following:
- The government’s 25 USD for the 30-day Single-Entry pass.
- Our Standard handling charge of 20 USD to receive your visa in 4 business days.
- Our Rapid handling charge of 50 USD to receive it in 2 business days.
- Our Highly Rapid Service handling charge of 80 USD to receive it in 6 hours.
So the total cost will depend on which Byevisa service you select. For instance, let’s say you apply for the 30-day Single-Entry pass with our Highly Rapid service. In this case, you’ll pay the government’s cost of 25 USD, as well as our processing charge of 80 USD, thus 105 USD in total.
With Byevisa, we obtain your travel authorisation on your behalf. This saves you the time and effort of doing so yourself, or having to visit the embassy!
Azerbaijan Visa Online FAQ
Here you’ll find more helpful questions and answers about applying for this digital travel document. Should you have any remaining doubts not answered below, feel free to get in touch. We’re happy to help!