A visa is required. We can assist in processing this document.
Travel Document Type
Byevisa Processing Fee
3 business days
All About Bahrain Visas
Do you intend to travel to Bahrain in the foreseeable future? If so, you’ll be pleased to hear that the citizens of over 100 countries can now obtain their visas online, without the need to visit the embassy or wait in long queues, with Bahrain’s Electronic Visa (eVisa) system.
The Middle Eastern kingdom introduced its eVisa system in October 2014, to simplify the process of obtaining travel authorisation to visit the country and to encourage visitors. You just fill in a simple form online by entering some personal and passport details, and receive your valid travel pass by email.
The Bahrain eVisa is valid for 30 days after the date of issue, and it’s a Multiple-Entry visa. This means that you can enter and exit the Kingdom several times during your travel authorisation’s validity period, for example if you’re touring many Middle Eastern countries.
You must be outside the country when you apply for your eVisa, and you’ll need both (1) confirmation of an onward travel ticket to exit Bahrain and (2) proof that you can financially support yourself, and if appropriate, your children, during the length of your visit.
Here we explain the simple steps to obtain your travel authorisation with Byevisa.
- 1 What Is the Difference Between a Bahrain e-Visa Vs a Visa On Arrival (VoA)?
- 2 Bahrain Visit Visa Requirements and Eligibility
- 3 Bahrain e-Visa Form and Documents
- 4 Bahrain Online Visa Application Process
- 5 Bahrain Visa Status Check
- 6 What Is the Bahrain Visa Cost?
- 7 More Bahrain Online Visa Questions and Information
What Is the Difference Between a Bahrain e-Visa Vs a Visa On Arrival (VoA)?
The eVisa has an online application form to obtain your travel authorisation by email. You can apply wherever you are, from the comfort of your living room, the office, or while you’re out and about.
Also, you can apply from any electronic device, whether that’s your computer, tablet or mobile. You simply enter a few details, like your full name, date of birth, and passport number, and that’s it! Your visa will be one less thing to worry about ahead of your trip.
By comparison, you obtain the Bahrain Visa on Arrival (VoA) when you arrive there. So you’ll likely have to wait in a long queue at the border control, fill in complex forms by hand, and wait for your authorisation to be approved.
Bahrain introduced its eVisa system to save you the time and stress of all that; the Electronic Visa is faster and easier.
Bahrain Visit Visa Requirements and Eligibility
Fortunately, the citizens of over 100 countries are eligible for this travel pass. This includes citizens of most developed parts of the world, like the USA, UK, EU, Australia, New Zealand and Canada, plus India.
You can check if this applies to you using our handy eligibility tool.
Alternatively, please find below the full list of nationalities that can apply for this eVisa:
Antigua and Barbuda
British Virgin Islands
Isle of Man
Isle of Wight
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Trinidad and Tobago
Turks and Caicos Islands
United Kingdom (UK)
United States (US)
United States Virgin Islands
Also, please note that if you’re visiting Bahrain from a country at risk of yellow fever, you’ll need to be vaccinated first. You can see if this applies to you on the World Health Organisation’s website.
Lastly, if you hold one of the following nationalities, you don’t need a Bahrain tourist visa. So you can enter and exit this country as you please. Lucky you!
United Arab Emirates
Bahrain e-Visa Form and Documents
To apply for this travel document, you’ll need to comply with the following conditions:
- You must be outside Bahrain when you apply, not inside the kingdom.
- Your entry must not violate the security and welfare of Bahraini citizens.
- You must prove that you can financially support yourself and, if appropriate, your children. To do this, you’ll need a stamped bank statement from the last 3 months with a balance of at least 800 USD (300 dinar bareiní).
You’ll also need the following documents:
- A passport with at least 6 months’ validity remaining from your arrival.
- A confirmed onward travel ticket for when you exit the country.
- Depending on your nationality, a copy of your hotel reservation, or if you’re staying with a friend, a copy of their CPR Reader’s (Bahraini ID card’s) printout. To see if this applies to you, consult our visa eligibility checker.
Please note that, to use the eVisa, you must enter at Bahrain International Airport. You cannot enter at the King Fahad Causeway, which connects Saudi Arabia and Bahrain.
Also, you cannot use the Electronic Visa to take up paid employment in this country. The purpose of your visit must be either tourism, business or investment. If you intend to visit the country to find work, you’ll need an alternative visa. Please consult your nearest embassy or consulate for more information.
You’re only allowed one Bahrain eVisa at a time with your passport. To obtain another travel pass, the one you’ve already got must expire first.
You’ll also need the following personal and passport details:
- An email address, so we can send you your approved visa.
- Your intended arrival and exit dates from the country.
- Your phone number.
- Your full name.
- Your gender.
- Your nationality, as it is on your passport.
- Your birthday.
- The country where you were born.
- The country where you reside.
- The number of your passport.
- Your passport’s issue and expiry dates.
- The visa you’re applying for (for Bahrain, there’s only the 30-day Single-Entry pass).
- Whether you hold a residence permit from a Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) nation, and which one (Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, or United Arab Emirates).
- Whether you’ve visited Iran, Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea, or Thailand within the 14 days before your visit. This is for security reasons.
Bahrain Online Visa Application Process
To apply for your electronic travel authorisation with Byevisa is easy as pie. You just:
1. Enter where you’re from and where you’re intending to visit into the eligibility checker. You’ll see (1) if you’re eligible, (2) the government’s charge of 79 USD, (3) Byevisa’s lowest processing cost of 35 USD, (4) our fastest processing time of 3 business days.
2. Click ‘Apply for Visa Now’ from this page or from the eligibility checker to be taken to the form where you’ll enter your personal and passport details. Here, you enter all the information listed in our ‘Bahrain e-Visa Forms and Documents’ section above. You need to enter these details for everyone who’s applying for an eVisa. There is an option that will allow you to add other people you are travelling with.
Next, you select how fast you want to obtain your travel pass. Byevisa offers 3 convenient processing speeds, for you to get your visa right when you need it:
- Standard service: get your visa in 7 business days for 35 USD.
- Rapid service: get your travel pass in 5 business days for 65 USD.
- Highly Rapid service: get your authorisation in 3 business days for 100 USD.
So in total, you pay the government’s visa fee of 79 USD plus Byevisa’s processing fee. We charge this price to process your paperwork on your behalf, saving you the stress of doing so!
4. Lastly, you pay for your application. We ask for the following debit/credit card details.
- Your name, as it is on your debit/credit card.
- Your debit/credit card’s number.
- Your debit/credit card’s expiry month and year.
- The 3-digit CVC security code on the back of your card.
If you prefer, you can also pay by PayPal.
And that’s it! You can sit back, relax, and know that you’ll receive your validated travel pass in your email inbox. So that’s one less thing to worry about ahead of your journey.
Bahrain Visa Status Check
To do a Bahrain visa check online with Byevisa is a cinch. Just go to the Status section of our website. You can find out
- If your application has been accepted, rejected, or is pending.
- How long your visa remains valid for, and its issue and expiry date.
So you can see at all times the status of your application. Please note that, depending on which Byevisa service you select, it’s normal for a few days to pass between when you apply for your visa and receiving it. For example, let’s say that you’ve chosen our Standard service, then you will receive your travel authorisation in your email inbox in 7 business days.
If the timeframe to receive your eVisa has passed and you still haven’t received it, please feel free to contact us. One of our customer support agents will get back to you in a jiffy to tell you if your application has been accepted, rejected or remains pending. Fortunately though, in most cases it won’t be necessary for you to contact our customer support team. This is because you’ll receive your travel authorisation in a timely, professional manner.
What Is the Bahrain Visa Cost?
The government of this Middle Eastern kingdom charges 79 USD for the travel pass. Moreover, depending on which Byevisa service you select, you also pay our processing fee. These are:
- Obtain your visa in 7 business days for 35 USD, with our Standard service.
- Get it in 5 business days for 65 USD, with our Rapid Service.
- Get it in 3 business days for 100 USD, with our Highly Rapid service.
So for example, if you want to receive your Electronic Visa as soon as possible and you select our Highly Rapid service, you’ll pay a total of 179 USD (the government’s fee of 79 USD plus Byevisa’s processing charge of 100 USD).
More Bahrain Online Visa Questions and Information
Do you have more questions about the travel pass for this Middle Eastern kingdom? If so, please find below a handy FAQ. If you have any queries we’ve not answered here, feel free to contact us!