A Pre-Arrival Registration (PAR) is required. We can assist in processing this document.
Travel Document Type
Byevisa Processing Fee
6 business days
All About the Cape Verde Visa
Congratulations on planning a holiday to beautiful Cape Verde, renowned for its pristine beaches and scenic locales. You may need to verify if you require a travel permit to visit. If you are on a holiday trip and need a Pre-Arrival Registration (PAR), we at Byevisa are delighted to obtain the document for you.
As of January 01 2019, the country’s immigration authorities announced a new Pre-Arrival Registration (PAR) process for nationalities including citizens of the US, the UK, EU, Andorra, Switzerland, Monaco, Liechtenstein, Iceland and Norway (see below for the full list).
This Single Entry travel pass permits visitors from these nations to enter only as tourists and you can stay in the country for up to 30 days per entry.
The entire application process is done online and, after submission and acceptance, you’re issued an official document to be presented to immigration authorities upon arrival in the country.
As the complete process is digital, you apply before your trip to save on paperwork and time at the airport. Byevisa offers this professional service for a small fee, to help visitors avoid the hassle of long queues and save time after arriving.
For this travel pass, the documents required are a valid passport, as well as your personal information and a payment method i.e. debit/credit card or PayPal.
Below we offer guidance on every aspect of the application process, including how fast you can receive your Cape Verde tourist visa in your email inbox. Click ‘Apply Now’ to get started!
- 1 What Is the Difference Between a Cape Verde Visa Online Application vs a VoA (Visa on Arrival)?
- 2 Cape Verde Visa Application Process
- 3 Cape Verde Visa Requirements and Eligibility
- 4 Cape Verde Visa Documents
- 5 Cape Verde Visa Requirements
- 6 Cape Verde Visa Status Check
- 7 Cape Verde Visa Price
- 8 Additional Cape Verde Islands Visa questions
What Is the Difference Between a Cape Verde Visa Online Application vs a VoA (Visa on Arrival)?
If you want to save time and avoid the queues with additional paperwork at the embassy, then apply using Byevisa’s straightforward, convenient service. Applying for a Cape Verde visa online with us is easy and uncomplicated.
When your application is approved, you receive your digital permit in your email inbox. Carry a paper copy and show it to customs at the airport upon arriving.
By comparison, there is an immigration agreement between Cape Verde and some countries for their citizens to get a Visa on Arrival (VoA) when you arrive at the airport.
You apply for the VoA after a long and tiring flight, and risk getting bogged down filling up paper forms to gain entry to the country. So getting a PAR in advance is quicker and easier, as it allows you to whizz through customs and head straight to the hotel.
Cape Verde Visa Application Process
With Byevisa, the visa online application process is easy and convenient for you and leaves you with more time to focus on planning your trip.
Just fill in the required details on our online form, including your accommodation details and travel dates.
Depending on your requirements, you can get your PAR as quickly as needed i.e. 10, 8 or 6 business days. You pay Byevisa’s processing fee depending on the service option you select. For payment, you can use a debit/credit card or PayPal.
Upon approval of your permit, it’s emailed to you. Print a copy and take it with you to present to immigration on arriving in the country. The permit has a 30-day validity period from the date of issue. It is a Single Entry permit and you can stay for a maximum of 30 days only.
If you need or plan to extend your stay, you will need to visit the national police station or the immigration office. There, you have to submit your request.
Cape Verde Visa Requirements and Eligibility
Do you need a PAR for Cape Verde? For confirmation, use Byevisa’s eligibility checker here:
Alternatively, citizens of these countries are able to apply for the PAR before arrival in Cape Verde:
Citizens of the European Union
Cape Verde Pre-Arrival Registration exemptions:
Lastly, the following people are exempt from applying for a Pre-Arrival Registration check and also do not have to pay the Airport Security Fee (TSA):
- Kids under 2 years of age.
- Cape Verdean passport holders, their spouses and children under 18 years of age.
- Legal residents of Cape Verde.
Cape Verde Visa Documents
Whether you want to visit family members, meet friends or only travel as a visitor to enjoy the stunning natural beauty of this country, you might need a tourist visa. You need to have your Pre-Arrival Registration done a minimum of 6 days before your trip to Cape Verde.
Byevisa facilitates the process of getting your travel permit in an easy and uncomplicated manner, so that you can spend more time planning an enjoyable trip to the country.
This is the checklist of entry permit requirements for visiting Cape Verde:
- An original passport that is valid for 6 months after your stay in the country.
- Travel dates details and documents of travel plan.
- Approved and valid printed copy of PAR document to present to immigration at the airport.
Cape Verde Visa Requirements
1. Fill in Byevisa’s entry permit application form with the precise details that are found on your passport bio page. They must be an exact match to ensure your application is not rejected.
2. Proof of accommodation and travel arrangements including airline itinerary or copy of tickets.
3. You need to produce a vaccination certificate for yellow fever if you’re travelling from a country where this disease exists.
4. Foreign visitors must have sound financial means as long as they stay during the trip, until they return to their place of origin. They should be able to present adequate funds to cover expenses for accommodation and health care etc. In particular, those visiting as tourists and staying for the maximum period of 30 days must show proof of 20.000 Escudos per person or the equivalent of 10.000 Escudos for daily expenses in the country.
Cape Verde Visa Status Check
After applying for your entry permit, you will be keen to receive it for your trip to the country. To verify the status of your application, click ‘Log in’ on the main menu of Byevisa’s website. Fill in your details and enquiry. If you have any difficulties while filling in the form, our support staff is always here to lend a helping hand.
Some of the things you can confirm include:
- Check if the permit has been approved.
- The duration of the validity of your visitor’s permit.
- See if the application is still in process.
- If your application was denied, and the reason for the rejection, stated by the immigration authorities.
In the unlikely case that your application is not approved or if you have not received the PAR within the mentioned processing time, do not hesitate to get in touch! Byevisa strives to assist you at every step, and you only have to click the ‘Contact Us’ button and type in the details mentioned below:
- Your complete name.
- The email address you entered in the application.
- The reason you want to contact us.
- Your inquiry in detail.
Then, just click the “Submit” button at the bottom of the contact form. A customer support member will contact you as soon as possible!
Cape Verde Visa Price
The Cape Verde immigration authorities charge a fee of approximately 34.00 USD for the Pre-Arrival Registration that is to be paid at the time of submitting your application online. Also, you pay 20.00 USD to 80.00 USD, depending on the Byevisa processing timeframe you choose:
- Standard Service: Processed in 10 business days for 20.00 USD.
- Rapid Service: Processed in 8 business days for 50.00 USD.
- Highly Rapid: Processed in 6 business days for 80.00 USD.
Both the immigration and processing charges are paid via debit/credit card or PayPal when you apply.
Additional Cape Verde Islands Visa questions
Do you have more questions or need more information about the eVisa for Cape Verde? If so, you’re in luck, because we have a handy FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) section below to further assist you.
To minimise the odds of being rejected, please confirm that the details on the application exactly match your passport details before you click ‘Submit’.