The ETIAS is coming soon. We can assist in processing this document once it’s available.
Travel Document Type
Byevisa Processing Fee
All About the ETIAS Authorisation Austria
The European Travel Information and Authorisation System (ETIAS) is poised to begin in late 2022, and becomes obligatory in 2023. When it enters into force, visitors from around 60 countries will be required to apply for authorisation online before travelling to Austria. At Byevisa, we have reviewed all of the official information available to bring you the facts on this new screening system and help you prepare your future travel plans.
Whether you are drawn to Austria for its rich musical history, decadent desserts or awe-inspiring mountains and lakes, you need to get the correct type of travel authorisation before you go.
While some travellers must go through the arduous process of obtaining a traditional visa, if you are a citizen of one of around 60 eligible countries, including the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada and Australia, you can easily apply for the travel pass you need online.
It is called the ETIAS (European Travel Information and Authorisation System) authorisation, and all eligible visitors must apply before their trip in order to gain permission to enter the country.
Read on to find out which nationalities are eligible, what the requirements are, how to apply and more.
- 1 Difference Between Austria ETIAS and Austria Visa
- 2 ETIAS Application Process for Austria
- 3 Austria ETIAS Requirements for Eligible Countries
- 4 ETIAS – Form and Documents for Austria Travel
- 5 ETIAS Authorisation Austria – Status Check
- 6 How Much is an ETIAS for Austria?
- 7 ETIAS Authorisation Austria FAQs
Difference Between Austria ETIAS and Austria Visa
Starting in late 2022, all international visitors who travel to Austria need a visa or an ETIAS, except for citizens of the European Union or Schengen Area. The authorisation you need depends on your nationality. You can use our visa checker tool to see which is right for you, or find the list of countries below.
The European Travel Information and Authorisation System is required for visitors who are eligible for the Austria visa waiver program. The ETIAS allows you to visit Austria and other countries in the Schengen Area for up to 90 days in any 180 day period, as long as you are travelling for tourism, business, transit or medical purposes.
It is easy and inexpensive to get the ETIAS pass online with Byevisa, and it is valid for 3 years, so you can use it multiple times.
However, citizens of some countries, including China, Egypt, India and Russia, must go through the more complicated process of applying for a visa through the Austrian Embassy.
You will also need a traditional visa if you want to stay in the country for more than 90 days, or if you’re travelling for reasons not covered by the ETIAS.
ETIAS Application Process for Austria
With Byevisa, you can apply for your authorisation quickly and easily. The process is done entirely online, so you take care of everything from the comfort of your home or on the go. Here we take you through the steps so you can familiarise yourself with the process.
- Click ‘Check Visa Eligibility’ above, and enter your nationality and the destination you are travelling to. This allows you to confirm that you are eligible, and it takes you directly to the application form.
- Fill out the application form. This shouldn’t take you more than about 10 minutes. You need to provide some key information such as your full name, birth date and passport details.
- Let us know when you need to have your authorisation ready to go. Byevisa offers 3 processing speeds to choose from, namely Standard (X days), Rapid (X days) and Highly Rapid (X days).
- Choose your payment method: credit card, debit card or PayPal account.
- Look over the information provided to confirm everything is correct and click ‘Submit’.
- Check your email. By this time, Byevisa has sent you a message to say that your submission was received.
- Put your feet up and relax as Byevisa takes care of processing your paperwork.
- Check your email to find your ETIAS approval in your inbox. We encourage you to print a copy and take it with you to the airport.
Austria ETIAS Requirements for Eligible Countries
Do you need a visa to travel to Austria? Let’s find out. If you see your country listed below, you are required to get the ETIAS before you cross the border into the land of Freud and Klimt.
Antigua and Barbuda
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Federated States of Micronesia
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Trinidad and Tobago
United Arab Emirates
There are only a few Austria visa requirements you need to keep in mind when applying for the ETIAS:
- Your passport must be from an eligible country (listed above) and be valid for at least 6 months after your arrival date.
- You must be travelling for tourism, transit, medical reasons or business.
- You may not stay in the Schengen zone for more than 90 days.
- You must provide accurate information when you apply for your Austria visa online.
When your application is approved, Byevisa sends your official travel pass straight to your regular email inbox. Although your authorisation is linked to your passport electronically, we recommend that you print out a copy and take it with you when you travel. You can print out as many copies as you would like.
ETIAS – Form and Documents for Austria Travel
Fortunately, the only thing you need to apply is your passport. That means no visa photos and no scanned documents to upload.
Byevisa makes it easy to complete your ETIAS Austria visa application form online. You can use your computer, tablet or phone to apply. Simply fill out the following information:
- Your full name, as it appears in your passport.
- Your gender, male or female.
- Date and place of birth.
- Your country of citizenship.
- The country where you currently live and your address.
- Passport details: number, issue date, expiration date.
- Your intended arrival date for your trip.
- A working email address where you can receive your travel visa.
- A phone number where you can be reached if there are any issues with your application.
Please make sure that all of the information is correct before you continue. One small mistake could cause your application to be rejected or invalid. If you do realise that you have made an error, please contact us as soon as possible, even if you have already submitted your application.
After you’ve entered your personal details, you are asked a few security questions. This helps the European authorities confirm that you do not pose a security threat.
The next step is to choose your desired processing speed. You have 3 options:
- Standard service: Receive your authorisation in X days for X USD.
- Rapid service: Receive it in X days for X USD.
- Highly Rapid service: Receive it in X days for X USD.
At this point, you choose your preferred method of payment.
- Debit or credit card.
- Name on card.
- Card number.
- Expiration date.
- Security code on back of card.
- PayPal account.
Click ‘Submit Application’ and your work is done! Byevisa takes it from here. You can expect to find your authorisation in your email inbox according to the processing speed you selected.
ETIAS Authorisation Austria – Status Check
Since you are able to select your Austria visa processing time, you know exactly when to expect to receive your travel document in your email inbox.
Simply check your email inbox as you usually would, and you see when your official authorisation arrives.
You can rest assured that Byevisa will promptly inform you if your application is rejected and provide instructions on what further steps you can take.
In the very rare case that you do not see an email from Byevisa within the processing timeframe you selected, please let us know so we can confirm we have your correct email address. Click the ‘Status’ button in our main menu bar. You are then prompted to enter your name, email and query. We get back to you as soon as we can.
How Much is an ETIAS for Austria?
The ETIAS authorisation costs X USD. You also need to pay for the Byevisa service, based on the processing speed you select at the time of application:
- X day Standard service: X amount.
- X day Rapid service: X amount.
- X day Highly Rapid service: X amount.
So in total, to give you an example, if you decide on the Rapid service, your tourist visa fees will amount to X amount. The full amount to pay will be clearly visible when you apply, before you submit your payment.
Remember that your authorisation is valid for 3 years, and you can use it to travel as many times as you want within that time.
ETIAS Authorisation Austria FAQs
Check out this section to learn more about how long you are able to stay in the country Mozart called home, other places you can visit and much more.
By comparison, Byevisa has filtered all of the information available to clarify the details that are most relevant to you as a traveller and make them easy to understand.