The ETIAS is coming soon. We can assist in processing this document once it’s available.
Travel Document Type
Byevisa Processing Fee
The European Travel Information and Authorisation System is scheduled to come into force in late 2022 and will be required from 2023. It is important to keep this future requirement in mind when making your travel plans, so Byevisa has collected all of the relevant information here, enabling you to make the necessary preparations.
All About the Finland ETIAS
Looking forward to visiting snow-covered Helsinki, seeing the Northern Lights or getting a taste of sauna culture? An essential part of trip planning is getting your travel authorisation in order.
Starting in late 2022, many international visitors to Finland who are not from the European Union or the Schengen Area can apply for an official travel pass to speed up their passage through immigration controls upon arrival. Getting this pre-travel authorisation will be a requirement in 2023. Nationals of around 60 countries, including the UK, Canada, Australia and the United States, are eligible to apply for the Finland ETIAS authorisation online with Byevisa.
This travel pass is valid for 3 years and allows you to visit Finland and other countries in the Schengen zone as many times as you would like during that time, as long as you are travelling for tourism, business, transit or medical purposes. You can stay for up to 90 days in any 180-day period, which gives you plenty of time to explore.
Keep reading to learn more about this type of travel pass, what the requirements are and how to apply. If you are eligible, Byevisa can process your authorisation and send it to your email inbox in as little as X days.
Differences Between Finland ETIAS vs. Finland Visa
The European Travel Information and Authorisation System (ETIAS) was put into place in 2022 to screen international visitors who come from visa-exempt countries outside of the EU or Schengen Area. The Finland visa-free countries include the United States, UK, Australia, Canada and over 50 more. The ETIAS allows citizens of these countries to enter the Schengen Area, including Finland, for tourism, business, transit or medical reasons for up to 90 days at a time.
The ETIAS is quick and easy to get online with Byevisa.
However, many nationalities are not eligible and must apply for a Finland visa with the embassy. These include India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Russia and Nigeria, among others. In this case, you can apply for a Schengen visa for Finland, but you must apply ahead of time: Visa on Arrival is not an option. Contact your local embassy for more Finland visa information specific to your country.
Whether you need an ETIAS or a traditional visa depends on your nationality. Enter your country of citizenship and destination in our visa checker tool here to see what type of authorisation you need:
You can also check the list of eligible countries below.
Finland ETIAS Requirements for Eligible Nationalities
Does Finland require a visa?
If you are from one of the countries listed below, you must get the ETIAS authorisation before travelling to this Nordic wonderland:
Antigua and Barbuda
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Federated States of Micronesia
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Trinidad and Tobago
United Arab Emirates
Here are the travel to Finland visa requirements you must fulfill to obtain the ETIAS:
- You must have a passport from an eligible country that is valid for at least 6 months after the day you intend to arrive.
- You must be travelling as a tourist, on business or for medical reasons, or are making a stopover in the airport on your way to somewhere else.
- You must answer the security questions included in the application form to assure the European authorities that you should be cleared for entry.
If you are from the European Union and/or Schengen Area, you do not need the ETIAS or a visa to visit Finland. These countries are:
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.
How to Apply for the ETIAS for Finland
Byevisa can process your travel pass on your behalf to save you the time and hassle. Follow these easy steps to apply:
1. Dust off your passport and check to make sure it will be valid at least 6 months after the day you intend to arrive for your Finnish adventure.
2. Fill out the Byevisa online application form using your computer, tablet or mobile phone.
3. Decide how quickly you want to see your travel pass in your email inbox. We offer 3 different processing rates to suit your needs. You can get it in as soon as X days.
4. Provide your payment details. We accept credit or debit card or PayPal.
5. Look over all of the information you have provided and make sure it is correct.
6. Submit your application.
7. Open up your email inbox to see a confirmation that we have received your application.
8. Rest easy as we take care of getting your authorisation.
9. Once the processing time has passed, check your email to see the official ETIAS document waiting in your inbox. Print a copy and keep it handy when you travel.
That’s all there is to it!
ETIAS – Application Form to Visit Finland
The Byevisa form is very simple and easy to fill out. All you need is your passport, an internet connection and about 10 minutes to complete the process.
Here’s an overview of the information you need to provide:
- Your full name, as it appears in your passport.
- Your gender.
- Where and when you were born.
- Your country of citizenship.
- Your current residential address.
- Passport details: document number, date of issue and date of expiration.
- When you plan to arrive in the country for your trip.
- Email address where you want to receive your official travel authorisation.
- Phone number where Byevisa can reach you if needed.
You also have to:
- Answer some security questions about any past criminal activities or ties to terrorism.
The European authorities use this information to check your details against international police databases and confirm whether you should be allowed entry.
Moving on, you need to select how quickly you want to receive your authorisation. Byevisa has a variety of options available:
- Standard: X-day delivery to your email inbox for X USD.
- Rapid: X-day delivery for X USD.
- Highly Rapid: X-day delivery for X USD.
After choosing your preferred processing speed, all you have to do is add your payment details:
- Credit/debit card: name on card, number, expiry date, security code.
- PayPal account.
Before you submit your application, we highly recommend that you take a deep breath and revise all of the information on the form one last time. It is absolutely critical that all of the information provided is correct.
If you do realise later that an error was made, please contact Byevisa as soon as possible. Even a small mistake could lead to problems when you travel.
ETIAS Finland – Online Status Tracking
With Byevisa’s convenient service, all the important information and documents are sent straight to your regular email inbox as soon as they are available.
If you have not received an email after the Finland tourist visa processing time you selected at application has passed, please contact Byevisa by clicking the Status option from the main menu and writing a short explanatory message. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
The Finland visa rejection rate for the ETIAS is extremely low, but in the highly unlikely case that your application is rejected, Byevisa will promptly send you an email to inform you of the reason and let you know what you can do.
How Much Does the ETIAS for Finland Cost?
The Finland visa fee for the ETIAS is X USD. There is also a cost for using the Byevisa service. The price depends on the processing speed you select:
- Standard X-day processing: X USD.
- Rapid X-day processing: X USD.
- Highly Rapid X-day processing: X USD.
Given this, if you select the Standard rate, the total price of getting your travel authorisation will be X USD. The full amount you need to pay is visible when you fill out your application, so there are no hidden fees. You can make the payment using a credit card, debit card or PayPal.
ETIAS Finland FAQ
Looking for more information about travelling to the famous ‘land of a thousand lakes’. Please use our collection of frequently asked questions to guide you.