The ETIAS is coming soon. We can assist in processing this document once it’s available.
Travel Document Type
Byevisa Processing Fee
The European Travel Information and Authorisation System is a new online system that is due to enter into force at the end of 2022 and become a requirement in 2023. Byevisa has compiled all of the information currently available so you know what this authorisation is, how it will work and how we can help you acquire this pass once it becomes available.
All About the ETIAS for Hungary
Want to take a ride on continental Europe’s oldest metro or explore Lake Balaton, the largest lake in Central Europe? You need to have your paperwork in order first.
In the past, tourists from countries including the US, Australia, Canada and Japan didn’t require authorisation to visit Hungary and other European destinations. Starting in 2023 though, it will be obligatory for these nationals and many others to apply for a visa waiver.
The good news is that with Byevisa you can apply in no time at all through the new online system. This electronic system, known by immigration officials as the ETIAS, is designed to speed up the time it takes for you to go through airport security when you arrive so you can start enjoying your trip as quickly as possible.
You need to apply for this authorisation if you are planning to travel to any of the countries that form the Schengen area, including Hungary, for tourism, business, medical treatment or transit purposes.
Please note, this does not apply to some European nations including the UK and Ireland as they are not in the Schengen zone.
Applications can be completed in a flash via the Byevisa website. Once you have received confirmation that your pass has been approved, it stays valid for up to 3 years from the date of issue. This authorisation allows you to enter any Schengen zone country multiple times. You can stay for up to 90 days within a 180-day period.
If you are immigrating to the country or going there to study, then a different type of authorisation will be required. If this applies to you, please get in touch with your nearest consulate or embassy for further information. You must make sure you have all the appropriate documentation in order before you make the move.
Difference Between the Hungary ETIAS and a Hungary Visa
The type of passport you hold determines whether you can apply for the ETIAS travel pass or not.
You are eligible for the ETIAS authorisation if you are from one of around 60 countries including Australia and the United States. It will allow you to visit countries in the Schengen Area, for a duration of up to 90 days during any 180-day period.
People from certain nations including India, China and Russia aren’t able to obtain the ETIAS. They require a visa for the Schengen zone instead to enter the country for tourism or business purposes. In order to apply for it, you will need to make an appointment at your nearest Hungarian consulate or embassy.
Hungary ETIAS Requirements for Eligible Countries
Do I need a visa for Hungary?
To see if you are eligible, you can use our visa checker tool here:
If you are a citizen of one of these countries, you must apply for the ETIAS authorisation before travelling:
Antigua and Barbuda
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Federated States of Micronesia
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Trinidad and Tobago
United Arab Emirates
ETIAS Application Process for Hungary
Getting your documentation sorted for your trip to Budapest is quick and easy! You can do it in approximately 10 minutes from any device.
Here is how to do it:
1. Enter your personal details including your name, gender and date of birth into our electronic form. You also need to enter your passport information, making sure to type the correct issue and expiry dates.
2. Answer a few simple health and security questions so your details can be checked against the EU databases.
3. Select your ETIAS processing speed. Have a credit or debit card to hand or a PayPal account to pay the associated charge. You will pay X USD per applicant as well as the Byevisa handling fee.
4. Submit your application and then check your email for the confirmation saying your application has been submitted correctly.
Once approved, your Hungary visa is valid for 3 years or until your passport expires. The ETIAS authorisation is electronically linked to your passport, ready to be scanned by airport staff. Once you’ve received your travel authorisation to your email inbox you’re ready to explore the country’s 1,500 spas!
ETIAS – Form and Documents to Visit Hungary
Don’t take time off work to go wait in a long queue at the embassy! Let Byevisa manage your paperwork for you via our secure portal.
Use the visa eligibility tool or click the button below to get started.
You then need to enter the following information into the form:
- Your personal email address.
- Your first name, last name and any middle names.
- Which travel pass you are applying for – Select ETIAS
- The date that you will enter the country.
- Your contact number.
- Your sex (male or female).
- Your nationality.
- Your date of birth and country of birth.
- The country where you currently reside and your address.
- Your passport number along with its issue and expiry dates.
- Information about your medical history and basic details to run a standard criminal background check.
Please check over everything before moving on. Once the application has been received, we may not be able to amend it if mistakes have been made.
Decide your processing speed
Byevisa speeds up the process so before you know it you will be eating a delicious Lángos (Hungarian fried street food).
We offer 3 processing options for your travel documents:
- Standard service for X USD per person. You’ll get your Hungary visa waiver in X days time.
- Rapid processing for X USD per person. It’ll be in your inbox in X days.
- Highly Rapid delivery for X USD per person. You’ll get your pass in just X days.
Remember all those travelling with you must have their own authorisation document, including children under 18. You can process the application for other members of your party providing you have all the relevant details.
Pay for your application by card or PayPal
Enter the following details:
- The full name on your debit or credit card.
- The card number.
- The card’s expiry month and year.
- The 3-digit CVV security number (located on the back of your card).
Prefer PayPal? Just follow the steps on screen.
Done? Submit your application and then wait for your travel pass to arrive in your email inbox within the requested time frame. It is as easy as that! Can you smell the Hungarian goulash already?
We want to keep you up to date with where we’re at with managing your visa throughout the process.
Once your application has been approved you will receive your travel pass directly to your email inbox, so keep checking it regularly (including the spam folder if your email provider uses strict filters).
If you do not receive an email from Byevisa within the specified timeframe, please contact our friendly customer support team who will be happy to help you out. To do this, you just need to click Status at the top of the page and submit your query.
What happens if my application is rejected?
In the very rare case that this happens, we will email you to let you know and provide further instructions on next steps.
How Much is an ETIAS for Hungary?
This travel authorisation will cost X USD per applicant. You will also pay the Byevisa processing charge, price of which varies depending on which speed you choose.
We offer 3 services to make all our customers happy:
- Standard for X per person (receive it in X days).
- Rapid for X per person (receive it in X days).
- Highly Rapid for X per person (receive it in X days).
For example, if you select our Standard service, this would be X USD to pay in total.
This can be broken down as X USD for the visa + X USD processing fee).
ETIAS Hungary FAQs
Still got some questions ahead of your visit to the land of thermal baths? Have a read of our FAQ section, we hope to provide you with all the information you need and more.