The ETIAS is coming soon. We can assist in processing this document once it’s available.
Travel Document Type
Byevisa Processing Fee
The ETIAS (European Travel Information and Authorisation System) for Iceland is not available at the present time and will go live toward the end of 2022, and be required from 2023. That said, here you can read all the details you need to apply for yours with Byevisa as soon as the system goes live!
All About the Iceland ETIAS
If you intend to visit Iceland, home of Reykjavík, volcanoes and glaciers, you may need to apply for an ETIAS pass. This applies to you if you’re from a country that was previously exempt from needing authorisation to enter this Nordic country, such as the USA, UK, Australia, Canada and Japan.
Fortunately, the application process for getting your ETIAS is entirely online and takes just a few minutes. You can apply from your computer, tablet or mobile from anywhere on earth. You just need to type in some personal and passport details into our form.
This Iceland tourist visa enables you to visit for 90 days during any 180-day period. It’s a Multiple-Entry visa, meaning that you can travel to and depart as often you please during your visit, and it’s valid for 3 years. Once you’ve got your travel pass, you can visit any of the 26 Member States that comprise Europe’s Schengen zone.
- 1 What’s the Difference Between an Iceland ETIAS and an Iceland Visa?
- 2 What Are the ETIAS Iceland Visa Requirements?
- 3 What’s the Application Process for the ETIAS?
- 4 What Forms and Documents Do I Need for the ETIAS Iceland?
- 5 How Can I Check the Status of My ETIAS Iceland Application?
- 6 How Much Does the ETIAS Iceland Cost?
- 7 ETIAS Iceland Frequently Asked Questions
What’s the Difference Between an Iceland ETIAS and an Iceland Visa?
First and foremost, you can only apply for an ETIAS if you’re from one of around 60 countries that were previously exempt from needing travel authorisation to enter the Schengen Area, of which Iceland is part.
This includes Americans, Australians, Canadians and Japanese. Find the full list of eligible nationalities in our ‘What Are the Requirements for the ETIAS for Iceland?’ section below.
Secondly, the ETIAS differs from an old-fashioned paper Iceland visa because you apply for and obtain this electronic travel pass online. So you don’t have to visit the embassy, take all your supporting documentation with you, or handwrite complicated forms. Instead, it’s all digital.
If you’re ineligible for the ETIAS and you’re not from the EU, you need what’s called an Iceland Schengen Visa to visit. For more information about the Schengen Visa, click here.
What Are the ETIAS Iceland Visa Requirements?
To answer the question ‘Do you need a visa for Iceland?’, you can use our visa eligibility checker widget here:
Alternatively, here’s the complete list of nationalities eligible for the ETIAS:
Antigua and Barbuda
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Federated States of Micronesia
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Trinidad and Tobago
United Arab Emirates
To apply for your ETIAS authorisation Iceland with Byevisa, you just need the following:
- Your email address, as you’ll receive your Iceland travel visa in your inbox.
- Some personal details, like your full name, date of birth and country of residence.
- Your passport details to fill in our online form, so have your passport at the ready!
- To answer the EU’s medical/security questions, for agencies like Interpol and SIS.
- A payment method such as a debit or credit card, or alternatively a PayPal account.
Lastly, if you’re a national of any of the Member States that make up the European Union and/or the Schengen Area, you don’t need an ETIAS or any other kind of visa to visit. You can travel to and depart as often as you please.
What’s the Application Process for the ETIAS?
Find below the steps to apply for your travel authorisation with Byevisa. It takes just 10 minutes, freeing up your time to plan your visit to Kirkjufell Mountain or Hornstrandir!
1. Select your nationality and destination from the eligibility widget at the beginning of this webpage. You can also use the button below:
2. You’ll be taken to our personal/passport information form, where you enter your details. Be sure to enter your details for yourself and all your travel companions.
3. Choose how quickly you’d like to obtain your authorisation from Byevisa’s options. We offer Standard (X days), Rapid (X days) and Highly Rapid (X days).
4. Pay for your application, either by debit/credit card of PayPal.
It’s as simple as that! Once you’re done, you receive an email confirming your application. Then you receive your validated travel pass in your inbox in the timeframe you’ve selected.
Your ETIAS is linked to your passport electronically, so it’s technically not necessary to print it. However, we strongly recommend that you print a copy to take with you just in case.
What Forms and Documents Do I Need for the ETIAS Iceland?
1. You need the following personal and passport details:
- Your email address.
- The date that you plan to enter
- Your full name.
- Your phone number.
- Your sex (male/female).
- Your nationality.
- Your birth date.
- The country you were born in.
- The country where you reside.
- Your passport number.
- Your passport’s date of issue.
- Your passport’s date of expiry.
- The visa you’re applying for.
- The first Schengen Area Member State that you’re visiting (Iceland).
- Your address.
- Your medical and security details, such as if you’ve been previously committed of a crime.
Ensure you enter your details for everyone you’re travelling with, including any children. They can be listed on your passport, but they need an ETIAS. To enter more than one person’s details, you can add a new applicant.
2. Next, you choose how quickly you want to receive your ETIAS. Byevisa offers you the following 3 convenient processing speed options to choose from:
- Standard: Obtain your pass in X days for an X USD processing charge.
- Rapid: Obtain it in X days for an X USD processing charge.
- Highly Rapid: Obtain it in X days for an X USD processing charge.
If you’re travelling to Iceland in the near future and you’ve forgotten to apply for your ETIAS, our Highly Rapid service is just the ticket. You won’t have to change your travel plans!
3. Lastly, you enter your payment details. Here’s what you need:
- Your name, as it is on your debit or credit card.
- Your debit or credit card number.
- Your debit or credit card expiry date, and issue date if appropriate.
- Your debit or credit card’s 3-digital CVC/CVV security code on the back.
You can also pay by PayPal.
Submit the form and you’re all done! Byevisa handles your ETIAS Iceland application on your behalf so that you can sit back and relax or get on with planning your trip.
How Can I Check the Status of My ETIAS Iceland Application?
Your authorisation is sent to your email when it’s ready, according to the processing time you select when you apply.
If you don’t see your travel pass in your inbox after the processing time has expired, please feel free to check on the status of your application. To do so, go to the Status option in the main menu and fill out the contact form with your name, email, subject and query. We will get back to you as quickly as we can.
Alternatively, you can use this form to contact us if you have any questions about your application. For example, if you realise after you submit your application that you made a mistake, get in touch with us as soon as you can. So long as we’re yet to process your application, we’ll amend it at no additional cost. However, if you contact us only after we’ve processed your application, then you must apply again and pay the corresponding fees once more too.
How Much Does the ETIAS Iceland Cost?
The EU charges X USD per person for this online travel pass. Note that the EU applies no charge for children under 18 or adults over 70, so in this case, you only pay Byevisa’s processing fee.
Byevisa’s processing fees vary from X USD for our Standard service (X days delivery), to X USD for our Rapid service (X days delivery) to X USD for our Highly Rapid service (X days delivery).
So in total you pay the EU’s X USD fee plus Byevisa’s processing fee, depending on which service you choose. For example, with our Standard service you pay a total of X USD (X USD European Union cost + X USD Byevisa processing cost).
ETIAS Iceland Frequently Asked Questions
Would you like to know more about the ETIAS for this Nordic country before you visit? If so, read on, as we’ve compiled a selection of our most frequently asked questions and answers.