The ETIAS is coming soon. We can assist in processing this document once it’s available.
Travel Document Type
Byevisa Processing Fee
All About the ETIAS Authorisation Luxembourg
The European Travel Information and Authorisation System (ETIAS) is planned for implementation in late 2022 and becomes mandatory in 2023. Byevisa has gathered the information available to bring you all the necessary details to keep in mind when you’re planning future trips.
If you want to see dozens of impressive castles or visit the Land of the Red Rocks, you had better get your travel authorisation in order before you travel to this charming country in the heart of Western Europe.
Since the European Travel Information and Authorisation System (ETIAS) came into effect in late 2022, there are around 60 countries whose citizens need to apply for an ETIAS before travelling to Luxembourg. These include the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand and many other previously Luxembourg visa-free countries not in the European Union or Schengen Area.
With the ETIAS, you can use this travel pass for as many trips as you would like during the 3 years it is valid. All you have to do is apply online with Byevisa, and we send your official authorisation straight to your regular email inbox.
Read on to learn more about requirements, eligibility and how to apply.
- 1 Differences Between Luxembourg ETIAS and Luxembourg Visa
- 2 Luxembourg ETIAS Requirements for Eligible Countries
- 3 ETIAS Application Process for Luxembourg
- 4 ETIAS Form for Travel to Luxembourg
- 5 Checking the Status of the ETIAS Luxembourg
- 6 How Much is an ETIAS for Luxembourg?
- 7 ETIAS Authorisation Luxembourg FAQ
Differences Between Luxembourg ETIAS and Luxembourg Visa
The type of travel authorisation you need depends on what country your passport is from. To check if you’re eligible for the ETIAS, use our visa checker tool here or see the full list of countries below.
The ETIAS is for citizens of countries that, prior to 2022, were visa-exempt. Compared to a regular visa, it is much easier and cheaper to obtain and is valid for much longer. It allows you to travel to the Schengen Area, including Luxembourg, for tourism, business, transit or medical purposes. During its 3-year validity period, you can take multiple trips of up to 90 days each.
However, nationals of countries that are not eligible must apply for a traditional Luxembourg tourist visa instead. These countries include India, Bangladesh, Pakistan and Nigeria, among others. The Luxembourg Schengen visa is one option you can consider applying for, depending on your circumstances.
Luxembourg ETIAS Requirements for Eligible Countries
Do you need a visa to visit Luxembourg? Have a look and see if your country is included in the following list of countries whose citizens are eligible for the ETIAS:
Antigua and Barbuda
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Federated States of Micronesia
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Trinidad and Tobago
United Arab Emirates
If your country is listed above, make sure that you meet the Luxembourg visa requirements for the ETIAS:
- Your passport is from an eligible country and continues to be valid for at least 6 months following the day you arrive for your holiday.
- You are travelling for tourism, transit, business or medical reasons.
- You will spend no more than 90 days in the country and/or Schengen Area.
If you fulfil those requirements, you can make your application online.
ETIAS Application Process for Luxembourg
Getting your travel authorisation is simple and easy with Byevisa. In fact, you’re only a few clicks away! Let us show you how:
- Locate your passport, dust it off if necessary, and make sure it’s valid for at least 6 months from when you arrive at your destination.
- Using the visa checker tool at the top of this page, enter your nationality and the country you will be travelling to. This will instantly confirm that you are eligible, and you can click ‘Apply Now’ to go to the online application form.
- Fill in the form with some basic details, like your full name, birthdate and passport number, and answer a few security questions.
- Select your processing speed from among our 3 options, depending on how quickly you want to receive your travel pass.
- Enter your payment information using a credit card, debit card or PayPal account.
- Click ‘Submit’ to send us your application.
- Rest assured knowing that Byevisa is processing your application. We send you an email to confirm that your form has been received.
- When the processing time is up, check your email and find your official ETIAS approval in your inbox. We recommend you print a copy and keep it with your travel documents just in case.
ETIAS Form for Travel to Luxembourg
With Byevisa, the Luxembourg visa application form for the ETIAS is completely online, so you can apply from anywhere and from any device, as long as you have an internet connection. That means you can sink into your comfy sofa and stay there until you’re ready to catch your plane!
The online application form asks for the following information, which you need to type in:
- An email address. This is where Byevisa sends your authorisation when it’s ready.
- A telephone number. We only call you if there is an issue with your application.
- Your full name, exactly as written in your passport.
- Your gender, as it appears in your passport.
- Your birth date and place of birth.
- Your residential address.
- Your country of citizenship.
- Your passport number, issue date and expiration date.
- When you plan to enter the country (dd/mm/yyyy).
The next part of the form is a series of security questions required by the European Union. Among other things, you must say if you have been convicted of any serious crimes. The authorities will run your information against international police databases to make sure it is safe to allow you to enter the country.
Then select your Luxemburg visa processing speed. You have 3 options:
- Receive your travel document in X days for X amount with our Standard service.
- Get it in X days for X amount with our Rapid service.
- Get it in X days for X amount with our Highly Rapid service.
Finally, enter your payment information. When using a payment card, please provide:
- The name on the card.
- The card number.
- The card expiration date.
- The security code on the back of the card (should be 3 numbers).
Otherwise, you can use a PayPal account if you prefer.
There is one last step to filling out the form, and that is to carefully look over all of the fields to make sure everything is correct. If you realise later that a mistake was made, please let us know, but it’s best to catch it in the moment.
Once the form is fully completed, click ‘Submit’. There is no need to upload any supporting documents.
Checking the Status of the ETIAS Luxembourg
One of the great things about using the Byevisa service is that once you submit your application, your work is done. Simply check your email when the processing time you selected has passed, and you find your ETIAS sitting in your inbox, ready for you to use.
This minimises the time and effort you have to put into getting your authorisation, and maximizes your free time so you can enjoy planning the highlights of your trip abroad. So you can focus on putting together a list of castles and cafés to visit without worrying about Luxembourg visa tracking numbers!
In the rare case that you have not received an email from Byevisa within the stipulated time period, please contact us by clicking the ‘Status’ button on our main menu bar. Fill in your name and email and send us a short message explaining the situation. Our customer support team will get back to you as quickly as they can.
How Much is an ETIAS for Luxembourg?
The government’s Luxembourg visa fee for the ETIAS is X USD. On top of the visa price, there is a cost for using the Byevisa service:
- X USD for our X-day Standard service.
- X USD for our X-day Rapid service.
- X USD for our X-day Highly Rapid service.
To give you a better idea, that means that you pay a total of X USD to have your travel pass in your email inbox in X days. Select your preferred service at the time of your application, and the full amount to pay is plainly stated. Byevisa accepts payments with credit card, debit card or PayPal.
ETIAS Authorisation Luxembourg FAQ
Have a look through the answers to some of the most common questions international travellers have about the Luxembourg visa policy when planning their trips to this small European grand duchy.