The ETIAS is coming soon. We can assist in processing this document once it’s available.
Travel Document Type
Byevisa Processing Fee
All About the ETIAS Authorisation Netherlands
Projected for launch in late 2022, and mandatory from 2023, the European Travel Information Authorisation System (ETIAS) is a way for the European Union to protect its borders and save travellers time at the airport by screening visitors before they arrive. Byevisa has assembled a guide to the most important things you need to know about this new programme.
Looking forward to exploring Amsterdam’s charming array of canals, bridges and cobblestone streets? Before you start searching for the best place to rent a bicycle, you need to make sure you have the travel documents that will allow you to board the plane.
Starting in late 2022, citizens from around 60 previously visa-exempt countries have to apply for the Netherlands ETIAS authorisation before jetting off to this popular European destination. If you are from Australia, Canada, Japan, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, the United States, Mexico or many others, this means you!
Here Byevisa walks you through all the details of getting the Netherlands ETIAS pass, including whether you’re eligible, what the requirements are, how long you can stay in the country, how to apply and much more.
Although many people call this country Holland, that is actually the name of only one of several regions in the country of the Netherlands. So, with this travel pass, you will be able to travel to Holland and beyond.
- 1 Difference Between Netherlands ETIAS and Netherlands Visa
- 2 Netherlands ETIAS Requirements for Eligible Countries
- 3 ETIAS Application Process for the Netherlands
- 4 ETIAS – Form and Documents to Visit Netherlands
- 5 ETIAS Netherlands Visa Status Check
- 6 How Much is an ETIAS for the Netherlands?
- 7 ETIAS Netherlands FAQs
Difference Between Netherlands ETIAS and Netherlands Visa
If you are not from a country in the European Union or Schengen Zone, you need to either apply for the ETIAS or get a Netherlands tourist visa before your trip. The type of travel authorisation you need depends on your nationality.
Compared to the Netherlands visa application process, getting the ETIAS is faster, easier and cheaper. The ETIAS is valid for 3 years, which is much longer than the Netherlands tourist visa validity. During these 3 years, you can travel to the Schengen Area for up to 90 days in any 180-day period, provided that you are travelling as a tourist, on business, in transit or for medical reasons.
However, if you are from a country that is not eligible for the ETIAS, such as India, Malaysia, Nigeria or Indonesia, you must get a visa instead. One option would be the Schengen visa for the Netherlands, although you’ll need to consider other visa types if you are planning to stay long term for work or study.
You can use our interactive visa checker to see if you can apply for the ETIAS based on your country of citizenship, or see the full list of countries below.
Netherlands ETIAS Requirements for Eligible Countries
The first requirement for this travel authorisation is that you have a passport from an eligible country. Here is a list of countries whose citizens must get the ETIAS travel pass before stepping foot in the land of tulip fields and windmills:
Antigua and Barbuda
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Federated States of Micronesia
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Trinidad and Tobago
United Arab Emirates
Additional Netherlands visa requirements for the ETIAS are:
- Your passport must be valid for a minimum of 6 months after the day you are due to arrive.
- The purpose of your trip must be transit, tourism, medical or business-related.
- You must not spend more than the maximum of 90 days in the Schengen Area during a 6-month period.
- You must have a valid payment card or PayPal account to apply online.
Once you have confirmed that you meet the requirements, you’re ready to apply!
ETIAS Application Process for the Netherlands
Byevisa makes the ETIAS Netherlands visa process smooth and easy. Here’s a short roadmap to follow:
- Dig out your passport to make sure it’s still valid and won’t expire until at least 6 months after you arrive for your holiday.
- Select your nationality and destination with our visit visa checker tool. This confirms that you’re eligible and takes you to the online application form.
- Fill out the form with your basic personal details, including your email address, full legal name, date of birth and passport number.
- Select your desired processing speed based on how quickly you want to receive your travel pass. Byevisa offers 3 speeds, from X to X days.
- Type in your payment information using a credit card, debit card or PayPal account.
- Click ‘Submit’.
- Open your email (the same one you provided on the application form) to see a confirmation that Byevisa received your application.
- Enjoy your free time while we take care of the rest!
- When the visa processing time has passed, check your email to find your official travel pass ready to use!
ETIAS – Form and Documents to Visit Netherlands
We walk you through what the Netherlands visa application form for the ETIAS looks like, so you know what to expect. All you need to fill out the form is an internet connection, your passport information and a method of payment.
To begin, the personal details section of the form has fields for you to type in the following information:
- Your full name, as it appears on your passport.
- Your gender.
- Your birth date and place of birth.
- Your nationality.
- Your passport number, expiration date and date of issue.
- Your current address.
- Your email address. This is where we send your travel authorisation document.
- Your phone number, just in case we need to get in touch with you.
- The day you are planning to enter the country for your trip.
Then you need to answer a few questions about your medical and criminal background. These are required to ensure you do not pose a high epidemic or security risk.
The form continues by offering you a selection of 3 possible Netherlands visa processing times:
- Standard processing to receive your travel document by email in X days for X USD.
- Rapid processing to have it in X days for X USD.
- Highly Rapid processing to have it in X days for X USD.
Once you have chosen your preferred speed, it is time to enter your payment information. You can pay using a PayPal account or a credit or debit card. If you choose to pay by card, you are asked to provide:
- The card number.
- The name on the card.
- The expiry date.
- The security code (the 3 numbers on the back of the card).
Once you finish filling out the form, please check it over for typos or mistakes. When you are ready, click ‘Submit’ and you are done! You don’t need to upload any Netherlands visa documents for the ETIAS – just fill out the form and receive your travel pass in your email inbox.
ETIAS Netherlands Visa Status Check
One of the advantages of using Byevisa is that we send your travel authorisation straight to your email inbox when it is approved. Once you submit the form, you can sit back and relax as you wait for your document to arrive via email.
If you need to get in touch with us, you can do so by clicking the ‘Status’ button at the top of the website. Fill in the form with your name, email address and an explanation of your situation.
If you are writing to check on your visa status, please make sure to wait until the processing time has passed. For example, if you selected X-day delivery when you applied, please wait until the X+1 day to contact us. By this time, you should have a message from Byevisa waiting for you in your email inbox.
However, if you need to contact us because you have seen that you made an error during application, please let us know as soon as you can.
How Much is an ETIAS for the Netherlands?
The cost of the authorisation itself is X USD. This does not include the price of using the Byevisa service, which varies according to how quickly you need your document:
- The price of the Standard X-day service is X USD.
- Rapid X-day service: X USD.
- Highly Rapid X-day service: X USD.
Therefore, if you would like to receive your travel pass in X days, your total Netherlands visa fees will be X USD. You are asked to provide a method of payment when you fill out the application form. You can use a valid credit card, debit card or PayPal account.
ETIAS Netherlands FAQs
If you have still got some questions about travelling to the home of stroopwafels, herring and Edam cheese, here you can find the answers to the most common queries.