The ETIAS is coming soon. We can assist in processing this document once it’s available.
Travel Document Type
Byevisa Processing Fee
All About the ETIAS for Slovakia
The European Travel Information and Authorisation System (ETIAS) is a new online system that is due to enter into force toward the end of 2022 and becomes obligatory in 2023. Byevisa has compiled all of the information currently available so you know what this authorisation is, how it will work and how we can help you acquire this pass once it becomes available.
There was a time when travellers coming from countries like the United States, United Kingdom, Canada and Australia didn’t need to obtain authorisation to explore little-known European cities like Bratislava; however, this is no longer the case. As of late 2022 these citizens are eligible, and from 2023 they must, apply for authorisation from the European Union.
This new system to regulate access to Europe is known as the ETIAS and it can be applied for right here with Byevisa. You just need to provide us with some basic personal and passport details and we do the rest!
So How Does the ETIAS Authorisation for Slovakia Work?
You need to make an application if you are planning short-term travel to here in the near future or to any of the other Schengen Area nations. Please note that you’re not able to visit the UK or Ireland with this travel pass, as they’re currently outside the Schengen zone.
This travel pass covers visits to Slovakia for the following purposes:
- Tourist visit
- Business trip
- Travel for medical reasons or transit purposes
Planning a longer-term trip or permanent move to Slovakia? Then you need a different kind of authorisation and should book an appointment at the embassy or consulate.
Once your pass has been validated it is valid for a period of 3 years and is Multiple Entry. This means that you can travel to ‘the heart of Europe’ as many times as you like for up to 90 days within each 180-day period.
Difference Between Slovakia ETIAS and Slovakia Visa
One of the main differences is how you apply for each type of travel pass. The Slovakia ETIAS is an online system that gives you electronic access to this European country, and the other 25 members of the Schengen Area. This means that when an official scans your passport when you land at Bratislava airport, they will know right away that you have the proper authorisation in place.
If you are a national of a country that cannot apply for the ETIAS, such as China, South Africa or India, don’t be disheartened – you may be eligible for a Schengen Visa Slovakia instead. Learn more here.
Please note, if you have an EU passport or your country is a member of the Schengen Area, you do not require authorisation to visit a fellow Member State. You can read a full list of these nations here.
Slovakia Visa Requirements for Eligible Countries
Wondering “do I need a visa for Slovakia”? Find out right here!
We offer a handy visa checker tool so you don’t need to trawl through dreary government websites to find the information you require. Click below to see if you need the ETIAS to enter the country, the Schengen Visa or need another type of visa from the embassy.
Citizens of these nations are all eligible to apply for the ETIAS authorisation for Slovakia:
Antigua and Barbuda
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Federated States of Micronesia
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Trinidad and Tobago
United Arab Emirates
Are you are eligible for this travel pass? Great! The next step is to gather together all the relevant documentation. If you are going to apply for others in your party as well, you need their details too.
To process your application we need:
- A valid email address to send your Slovakia tourist visa to.
- A current passport which is valid for at least 6 months from the date you will enter the country.
- A few personal details – such as the names and passport details of everyone in your party. We also ask a couple of basic medical and security questions for the EU’s security databases, like Europol.
- A card or PayPal account to make the final payment.
What is the ETIAS Application Process for Slovakia?
The process is fast and simple and can all be done online from your device of choice.
Here are the steps to complete your application so you are all ready for your trip:
- Select your nationality from the drop-down menu and then set Slovakia as your destination country. You see right away if you are eligible for this pass so you don’t waste time unnecessarily.
- Press ‘Apply Now’ and enter all requested information carefully, including your passport number and entry date. We go into this in more detail in the following section. Double-check everything to reduce the likelihood of your application being rejected.
- Select your Byevisa processing speed from our 3 fast options. Choose between our Standard service (X days), Rapid (X days) and Highly Rapid (X days).
- Pay for your travel pass using your debit or credit card, or by PayPal.
Once you’ve done all this, press ‘Submit’ et voila! Your authorisation wings its way to your email inbox in the following days. As this is an electronic pass it will be linked to your I.D when your passport is scanned at border control. However, we recommend having a printed copy to hand too, just in case.
ETIAS – Form and Documents to Visit Slovakia
You need to fill in all the sections of the Byevisa electronic form in order to get your authorisation.
1. These are the details we require to process your request:
- Applicant email address.
- Your full name including any middle names.
- Date of entry into the destination country.
- Your nationality.
- Your date of birth and the country you were born in.
- Your country of residence and current address.
- Your passport number.
- The issue and expiry dates for your passport.
- The type of visa you’re applying for.
- Which Schengen zone country you’re visiting first (Slovakia).
- Details about your medical and security history for the EU’s databases.
Please check all this information carefully. You can submit an application on behalf of a family member or friend too if you have their details – just click ‘Add Applicant.’
2. Specify how quickly you want to receive your travel pass. We offer our customers 3 different processing speeds to cater to both those who plan their trips ages in advance and those who prefer last-minute adventures:
- Receive your pass in X days for X USD (Standard delivery).
- X days delivery for X USD processing fee (Rapid option).
- Short on time? X days delivery for a processing fee of X USD (Highly Rapid express service).
ETIAS Slovakia – Status Check
We know how important it is to know the status of your travel pass when you’re applying for an ETIAS or indeed any visa. Once you’ve submitted your application you can keep tabs on its status at any time.
Here is how to do this:
- Navigate to our top menu bar and click on the ‘Status’ button.
- Type in your contact details and enquiry. Among other things, you can ask:
- If your application has been approved.
- If it has been rejected, and why if we know the reason.
- How many days are remaining on your travel pass.
- Click ‘Submit’ to send us your query.
- A member of Byevisa’s support team will answer your query as fast as possible.
Please keep in mind the timeframe that you have chosen. If you select our Standard (X day) service, only contact us after X+1 days, as prior to this your application will still be pending approval.
How Much Is an ETIAS for Slovakia?
For minors under 18 and adults over 70, the EU charges no cost for the visa waiver! You only have to pay the Byevisa processing fee. For everyone else, this travel pass costs X USD.
On top of that, you also pay a minimal fee for us to manage the forms on your behalf. Byevisa offers customers 3 different processing speeds, choose from:
- Standard processing for X per applicant. You get your pass in X days.
- Rapid for a rate of X per applicant. You receive it in your inbox in X days.
- Highly Rapid for X per applicant. You’re good to go in just X days.
To break it down so there is no confusion, if you were to choose our Rapid service for example, you would pay X USD for the visa plus X USD processing fee, so X USD in total. Not bad when you consider the peace of mind this gives you!
ETIAS Slovakia FAQs
Before you head to the heart of Europe there are some things you need to know to ensure that your trip is stress-free. Read on to discover more about the travel documentation you need.