The ETIAS is coming soon. We can assist in processing this document once it’s available.
Travel Document Type
Byevisa Processing Fee
From late 2022, nationals from around 60 previously visa-exempt countries will be able to apply for the Sweden ETIAS authorisation before visiting this Nordic country. Byevisa has compiled all the key information about this new EU system ahead of its launch so you can find out if this will apply to you.
All About the ETIAS for Sweden
Organising a trip to the country that brought the world ABBA? Whether you’re looking for pop music, green forests, Viking relics, stylish design or searching for the Northern Lights, Sweden has something to offer all travellers. Before you book your flights, however, you should check if you need Sweden ETIAS authorisation! As a result of recent changes in EU legislation, citizens of certain countries including the United States and the UK must now apply for travel authorisation in order to enter Swedish territory.
This may sound complicated, but don’t let it put you off visiting the largest country in Northern Europe. The process is actually very simple. You can complete the Sweden visa application online from your computer, mobile or tablet. All you need are your passport information, some personal details and a valid card or PayPal account to pay the fee.
Once your application has been approved, your Sweden visa for tourists will be valid for 3 years. During this time you can visit ‘the elongated country’ for trips of up to 90 days during any 180-day period. As it’s a Multiple-Entry pass, you can enter and exit as you please during this time frame. With its mild summers and breathtaking freezing winters, Sweden is a joy to visit at any time of the year.
The Sweden travel visa not only allows you to visit this Scandi country, but it also gives you free roam of the 25 other nations that form the Schengen including neighboring Norway, Finland and Denmark. Please bear in mind that although you can visit other Schengen zone countries with this pass, if you apply for the Sweden ETIAS, you must first enter the Schengen Area in this part of Scandinavia.
- 1 What is the Difference Between the Sweden ETIAS and a Sweden Visa?
- 2 ETIAS Sweden Visa Requirements for Eligible Citizens
- 3 The Application Process for the ETIAS Sweden
- 4 ETIAS – Form and Documents You Need to Visit Sweden
- 5 How Can I Check the Status of My ETIAS Sweden?
- 6 How Much Does an ETIAS for Sweden Cost?
- 7 ETIAS Sweden FAQs
What is the Difference Between the Sweden ETIAS and a Sweden Visa?
If you are a national of a country that is not in the European Union or Schengen zone, you must either apply for the Sweden ETIAS or obtain a Swedish travel visa before your trip. The type of travel authorisation you require depends on which passport you hold.
Getting the ETIAS is a very quick process that you can complete online through Byevisa. Once approved, this authorisation is valid for 3 years, significantly longer than a tourist visa. During this time period, you can travel to any of the countries within the Schengen Area for up to 90 days in any 180-day interval.
If you are from India, Malaysia, Indonesia or another country that isn’t eligible for the ETIAS, then you will need to apply for a visa instead. There are a number of different options for short term travel including the Sweden Schengen visa. If you are planning to stay for longer, then you will need to look into long-term visa options.
Check if your country is eligible for the ETIAS travel pass using our handy visa checker tool here:
Alternatively, have a read of our extensive list of all countries that qualify for the ETIAS.
ETIAS Sweden Visa Requirements for Eligible Citizens
The primary requirement for this travel authorisation is that you have a passport from an eligible country.
Here is a list of countries whose citizens must get the ETIAS travel pass in order to enter Stockholm or another Swedish destination.
Antigua and Barbuda
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Federated States of Micronesia
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Trinidad and Tobago
United Arab Emirates
Applicants must also meet the following Sweden visa requirements in order to obtain ETIAS authorisation:
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the date you arrive on Swedish soil.
- Your trip must be for tourism, transit, medical or business purposes. If you are travelling for any other reason, you require a different type of paperwork.
- You must not exceed the 90 days maximum stay in the Schengen zone during a 6-month period.
If you meet the above requirements, you can proceed with your application. You will need a card or your Paypal details to hand to process the payment.
The Application Process for the ETIAS Sweden
Here are the steps to follow to complete your Sweden visa application with Byevisa as quickly and accurately as possible:
- Confirm that you’re definitely eligible for this travel pass by inputting your nationality and destination into our visa checker tool.
- Complete our online application form by entering your passport and personal details including your full name including any middle names, your date of birth, passport number and email address.
- Decide how quickly you want to receive your travel pass to your email inbox. There are 3 options to choose from ranging from X hours to X days.
- Pay the visa charge and processing fee using any valid debit or credit card or PayPal account and then submit the form.
- Look out for a confirmation email confirming that we have received your application.
- Start planning your itinerary while we manage your paperwork! When the allotted time frame has passed, check your email inbox where you will find your shiny approved travel pass.
ETIAS – Form and Documents You Need to Visit Sweden
Here is all the essential information you need in order to fill out your Sweden visa application form accurately. The online form is very easy to use, just make sure you have all the relevant documents to hand.
Enter the following details into the relevant fields:
- Your full name (written exactly as it appears on your passport).
- Your gender.
- Your date of birth and the place you were born.
- Your nationality.
- Your current address and contact phone number.
- Your passport number.
- Your passport’s date of issue and expiration date.
- Your email address to send your travel authorisation to.
- Your trip dates so we know which date you are planning to enter the country.
You then have to answer some compulsory questions regarding your medical history and criminal background. These are to confirm that you do not pose a high-security risk.
You then need to select your preference from our high-speed visa processing options:
- Standard delivery: we will email your travel pass to you in X days for X USD.
- Rapid delivery: get it in X days for X USD.
- Highly Rapid processing: receive it in just X days for X USD.
Once you have done this it is time to pay for your application. Payment options including debit card, credit card or PayPay.
When paying by card you need to enter the following information:
- Your card number.
- Your full name as it appears on the card.
- The expiry date.
- The 3 digit security code (located on the back of your card).
Before submitting your application, take care to ensure that you haven’t made any typos! Once your application has been processed we cannot guarantee that amendments will be made.
How Can I Check the Status of My ETIAS Sweden?
Once you’ve submitted your application you can sit back and relax! Your travel pass will be emailed to you in the selected time frame.
If for any reason you need to get in touch with us, just click our ‘Status’ button on the main menu. You will then be redirected to a form where you will be asked to enter your name, contact details and a brief summary of why you are getting in touch.
If you are contacting us because you’ve made a mistake on your application, it is important to get in touch as soon as possible. However, if you’re wanting to check the status of your application, please wait until your chosen processing window has passed.
For example, if you opted for our X-day delivery service, we kindly ask that you wait until the X+1 day to contact us. By this time, you should have received email correspondence from Byevisa.
How Much Does an ETIAS for Sweden Cost?
The EU charges X per applicant for this authorisation. There is no charge for children under 18 or adults over 70; in this case, applicants only need to pay Byevisa’s processing fee.
The fee to handle your paperwork varies depending on how quickly you need the authorisation. Once your application is processed it will arrive in your email inbox ready for you to print.
Choose from these 3 convenient options:
- Standard service for X per person. This takes X days.
- Rapid processing for X per person. This takes X days.
- Highly Rapid delivery for X per person. This takes just X days.
To clarify, in total you pay the X Sweden visa fee plus the Byevisa processing charge. For example, if you select our Standard service, this would be X (X EU fee + X processing fee).
ETIAS Sweden FAQs
Ready to visit the Vasa museum and eat as many Swedish meatballs as your stomach can handle? Here are some other important things to consider ahead of your trip.