The ETIAS is coming soon. We can assist in processing this document once it’s available.
Travel Document Type
Byevisa Processing Fee
The new ETIAS travel pass (European Travel Information and Authorisation System) will launch in late 2022 and is a prerequisite for travel from 2023. Until this date, here is everything you need to know about this new travel to Switzerland visa!
Introducing the ETIAS for Switzerland
Dreaming of an Alpine adventure with a side of fondue? Whether you’re planning to visit Europe’s largest waterfall or take a scenic train journey through the mountains, you’re in for a treat.
To enter the land of chocolate and cuckoo clocks you need to make sure you have the right travel authorisation secured. You might be asking yourself ‘do I need a visa for Switzerland?’ Well, this depends on what type of passport you hold. Recent changes to EU legislation mean that citizens of countries including Canada, the UK, Australia and the United States now need to apply for travel validation in advance to get past border control.
Fortunately, this new Switzerland tourist visa is 21st-century proof and applications can be made entirely online. When you apply with Byevisa it takes between X hours and X days if you opt for our cheapest service.
Once you have acquired the visa to Switzerland, it is valid for 3 years during which time you can enjoy everything the Swiss Alps has to offer and also explore the other countries that make up the EU’s Schengen Area. Remember, if you obtain the Swiss ETIAS, you must enter the Schengen zone via Switzerland.
- 1 What is the Difference Between the Switzerland ETIAS and a Switzerland Visa?
- 2 Switzerland ETIAS Requirements for Eligible Countries
- 3 ETIAS Application Process for Switzerland
- 4 ETIAS – Form and Documents to Visit Switzerland
- 5 ETIAS Switzerland – Status Check
- 6 How Much Is the ETIAS Fee for Switzerland?
- 7 ETIAS Switzerland FAQs
What is the Difference Between the Switzerland ETIAS and a Switzerland Visa?
There are a couple of key differences between the new Switzerland ETIAS and traditional Switzerland visa requirements:
- Who is eligible
The ETIAS is for citizens of those countries that were previously exempt from needing a travel pass for European travel. This includes people coming from the United Kingdom, the United States and Australia. It applies not only to these countries but to more than 50 others across the globe.
You can find a full list of these in the requirements section.
If you’re a national of a country that isn’t part of the European Union and you’re not eligible for the ETIAS you can apply for a Schengen visa for Switzerland instead, a different type of Switzerland tourist visa that grants access to Schengen zone countries.
2. The ETIAS is entirely online
If you’re eligible, you can apply for your travel pass from anywhere in the world. No need to visit the embassy! Just grab your laptop, mobile phone or iPad and fill in the required information for yourself and your travel party and you’ll be ready to explore this magical mountainous country in no time.
Switzerland ETIAS Requirements for Eligible Countries
Here is an exhaustive list of all those countries that can apply for this new electronic travel pass:
Antigua and Barbuda
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Federated States of Micronesia
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Trinidad and Tobago
United Arab Emirates
Eligible for this pass? In order to apply you need the following:
- An email address where Byevisa can send your validated travel authorisation to.
- Some personal information including your full name, address and date of birth. Further details can be found in the ‘Forms and Documents’ section.
- Your passport details including the issue date and expiry date. Your I.D must be valid for a minimum of 6 months’ from the date you intend to enter Switzerland.
- Some health and security information for an EU security check. This is for the protection of all European Union citizens.
- A valid payment method to pay the processing fees (options are debit card, credit card or a PayPal account).
Once you have secured the ETIAS Switzerland authorisation, you can explore not just this majestic nation, but also the 25 other countries belonging to the Schengen zone. The ETIAS isn’t for one time use, it is a Multiple Entry travel pass. You can use it to enter any Schengen Area country for a maximum of 90 days over a 180-day period.
ETIAS Application Process for Switzerland
Your application can be completed in just 3 simple steps when you apply through Byevisa. The process only takes a few minutes and once you’ve submitted your form you’re well on your way to being ready for your trip.
Enter some personal and passport details into our simple online form. You can also apply on behalf of other members of your travel party including any minors under your care.
Choose how fast you want to obtain your travel pass from our 3 convenient processing speeds – Standard (X days) Rapid (X days) and Highly Rapid (X days).
Pay for and submit your application using your debit or credit card or PayPal account. You will then receive an email confirmation once your application has been approved.
ETIAS – Form and Documents to Visit Switzerland
One of the many advantages of using Byevisa to help you plan your trip is that you don’t have to spend forever standing in a queue to fill in loads of forms.
You just need to enter the following details into our simple online form:
- Your full name.
- Your gender.
- Your birthdate.
- Your country of birth.
- Your country of residence.
- Your passport number.
- Your passport issue date.
- Your passport expiry date.
- Which visa you’re applying for (in this case, the Switzerland travel visa).
- Which Schengen Member State you’re visiting first (again, you’ll enter Switzerland).
- What date you plan on entering the country.
- Some key medical and security information, such as whether you have a criminal record.
To send you your validated travel pass we require a contact email address (make sure to enter the correct one so your pass doesn’t get lost in cyberspace!)
We also request the following contact information:
- Your telephone number.
- Your home address.
If you want to add the details for someone else in your travel party, you will need all their personal information too.
Next, decide how quickly you require your ETIAS authorisation. Byevisa offers travellers 3 convenient processing speeds to suit both super-organised voyagers and more last-minute planners:
- Standard processing: Receive your ETIAS in X days for an X USD fee.
- Rapid delivery: Have your pass in X days for a processing fee of X USD.
- Highly Rapid speed: Get it in only X days for just X USD.
The final step is to pay for and submit your application. Payment options include debit, credit card or PayPal. If you choose to pay by card you need to enter the following details:
- Your name exactly as it appears on your bank card.
- The 16-digit number found on the front of the card.
- The debit or credit card’s expiry date.
- The 3-digit security code located on the back of your card.
Once you’ve done all this and submitted your travel authorisation request you can sit back and plan which part of the Swiss Alps to explore! Your pass will arrive in your inbox in the chosen timeframe, all ready for you to print out.
ETIAS Switzerland – Status Check
As mentioned above, your pass will arrive as an email attachment to the email address specified in the form in just X to X days depending on which processing speed you opt for.
If it does not arrive by the specified date, please get in touch to check the status of your application. To do this, simply access the Status section of the Byevisa site and enter your full name, email address and your reason for contacting customer support into the form.
Realised that you’ve made an error after submitting your application? Please contact us straight away so we can amend your application where possible. If we haven’t started processing it yet we will do this free of charge; otherwise, you’ll need to apply again and pay the fee again too.
How Much Is the ETIAS Fee for Switzerland?
A fee of X USD is payable to the EU in order to secure this travel authorisation. If you are over 70 years of age, or a minor under 18, this fee does not apply.
You will also pay a processing fee to enable us to manage your documentation on your behalf. This investment means you can spend less time worrying about having the right papers in place and more on planning your itinerary!
The charge for this varies depending on how fast you require the authorisation:
- Our Standard service costs X per person (delivery in X days).
- Our Rapid costs X per applicant (delivery in X days).
- Our Highly Rapid is X per person (delivery in just X days).
To break this down even more clearly – if you go for our Standard service you would pay X in total (X for the visa + X processing fee).
ETIAS Switzerland FAQs
Want to learn more about this digital travel pass ahead of your trip to ‘The Playground of Europe?’ Read on for a breakdown of the most commonly asked questions for travellers visiting this majestic country.