An eVisa is required. We can assist in processing this document.
Travel Document Type
Byevisa Processing Fee
– business days
All About the Guinea Visa
Guinea has implemented an Electronic Visa (eVisa) system, eliminating the need for tourists to apply at an embassy. With the exception of a few African nations, all visitors are required to obtain a visa to enter this land of surprising and little-known beauty. Fortunately, it’s easy to apply for a Guinea visa online before you go with Byevisa.
Citizens from Europe, India, the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and the UK, among others, need a visa and can apply for one online in just a few minutes. All you need to do is answer some questions, fill in some passport details along with your trip information, and upload a few documents.
It’s important to get a yellow fever vaccination before completing your Guinea eVisa application because you’re asked to submit a certificate when you apply.
Once your application is approved, you don’t receive the official eVisa, but an Entry Letter that states you have permission to enter the country. You pick up your eVisa upon arrival at Conakry Airport.
The eVisa for Guinea allows a maximum stay of 90 days. For US and Canadian citizens, the maximum stay is up to 5 years.
This authorisation is valid for a Single Entry, although depending on your nationality, you may be eligible for a Multiple Entry visa.
A Guinea e-Visa costs 80.00 USD. In addition to the government fee, we charge a processing fee to take care of the paperwork on your behalf. Here we tell you how to get your eVisa quickly and easy with Byevisa.
- 1 What’s the Difference Between an eVisa and a Guinea Visa on Arrival (VoA)?
- 2 Guinea Visa Requirements and Eligibility
- 3 Guinea Tourist Visa Application Process
- 4 Guinea eVisa Forms and Documents
- 5 How to Check Your Guinea Tourist Visa Application Status
- 6 How Much Does a Guinea Visa Cost?
- 7 More Guinea Visa Questions and Information
What’s the Difference Between an eVisa and a Guinea Visa on Arrival (VoA)?
An eVisa is a visa that’s obtained online before travelling to Guinea rather than applying at a consulate or embassy. Upon approval, you receive a confirmation letter that allows you to enter the country that’s home to the Nimba Strict Nature Reserve and the Nimba mountain range.
You can obtain your Guinea eVisa online with Byevisa and we’ll send you the confirmation letter that you need. This is the letter that you print to show immigration officials when you arrive, allowing you to pick up your eVisa.
By comparison, a Visa on Arrival (VoA) is an authorisation that travellers apply for when they land at the port of entry. No paperwork is required in advance. However a VoA is not an option for visitors to Guinea, and all tourists requiring visas must apply in advance.
Guinea Visa Requirements and Eligibility
Do you want to know if you need a visa for Guinea? Select your nationality and destination in our web checker tool to find out if you’re eligible:
Below we provide more details on who can apply for the eVisa and the application process.
Nationals from all countries and territories can obtain an Electronic Visa with Byevisa, unless you’re exempt from needing a visa (see below the full list of nationalities exempt from visa requirements). eVisas permit a maximum stay of 90 days, although if you’re from Canada or the United States you’re able to stay for up to 5 years.
When you apply online, you’re required to supply:
- An email address for you to receive your valid Visa.
- Some details about yourself and your travel companions, like your name and passport number.
- A scan of your passport that must be valid for more than 6 months from the date you’ll arrive.
- A digital passport-sized photo that has a white background and measures 150 X 200 pixels in width and height.
- Your return flight confirmation.
- Your yellow fever vaccination certificate.
- A payment method, like a debit/credit card or PayPal account.
While some countries ask for yellow fever vaccination certificates upon arrival, Guinea requires you to submit your certificate with your application. Without this document you won’t be able to obtain your e-Visa.
Upon arrival at the Conakry Airport, you proceed to pick up your official eVisa, which is valid for 90 days, or 5 years if you’re from the US or Canada. To do so you need to present the following documentation at the Visa on Arrival counter:
- The Entry Letter that we sent to you by email.
- Your passport that is valid for at least 6 months after your arrival date and has 2 blank pages.
- Your return air ticket.
- Proof of accommodation.
- Proof you have sufficient funds for your stay.
When you pick up your authorisation, you also have to do a biometric enrollment, which involves customs officials taking your photo and fingerprints at the visa desk.
All fees are paid online at the time of your Byevisa application, including our processing fee.
Lastly, the following countries are exempt from visa requirements and can enter Guinea visa-free.
- Algeria, Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Côte d’Ivoire, Egypt, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Morocco, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, and Togo.
Guinea Tourist Visa Application Process
Here at Byevisa, we’ve made the application process as simple as possible to save you time and stress. With the extra time you gain, you could plan your excursion to the Los Islands off the coast of Conakry!
- On our application form, we ask you to fill in some personal and passport details and travel information, such as your trip dates and where you’re staying. Do be sure to revise all the data you type in before submitting your application.
- Your application is processed according to the processing speed you select. Byevisa offers 3 service options of -, – and – business days.
- You pay for your application and, upon its approval, we send your Entry Letter to you by email. It’s necessary to print this letter and take it with you so you can pick up your official Visa.
Guinea eVisa Forms and Documents
You can complete your Guinea visa application with Byevisa from any electronic device. Here we guide you step-by-step through the process.
The Guinea eVisa fee costs 80.00 USD. Additionally, Byevisa charges a fee to handle your paperwork, and the price depends on how quickly you want your authorisation processed. We have 3 levels of service: Standard, Rapid, and Highly Rapid.
- Our Standard service costs – USD and has a processing time of – business days.
- Rapid service costs – USD and has a processing time of – business days.
- Highly Rapid service costs – USD and takes only – business days to process.
Complete the following steps to apply for your authorisation:
1. Select your nationality and the country you’re going to (Guinea) from the form at the top of the page.
2. Click ‘Apply Now’ and, on the following page, fill in the following information:
- Your email address.
- Your first and last name, matching your passport details.
- The dates of your arrival and departure.
- Your gender.
- Your place and country of birth.
- Your nationality at birth.
- Your current nationality.
- Your marital status.
- Your profession.
- Your current address with city, zip/post code and country.
- Your phone number.
- The purpose of your visit.
- The name of your hotel or host.
- The phone number of your hotel or host.
- The address where you’ll be staying, including the city.
To add the details for more than one applicant, click ‘Add New Applicant’.
As part of your application, you need to upload the required documents:
- Your passport information page.
- A digital passport-sized photo measuring 150 X 200 pixels with a white background.
- Your return flight reservation.
- Your yellow fever vaccination certificate.
3. Check your details one last time and then you’re ready to enter payment information, either by credit/debit card or PayPal. Once you’ve entered your payment information, click ‘Submit.’
4. Once your application has been approved, we send your official Entry Letter by email. You need to print your Entry Letter as you’ll be asked to show it when you pick up your eVisa at the Visa Counter at the Conakry Airport upon arrival.
How to Check Your Guinea Tourist Visa Application Status
We know you’re ready to get started on your adventure to West Africa. You can rest assured knowing Byevisa takes the utmost care of your application paperwork. To find out the status of your Guinea Entry Letter application, you can check as follows:
In our main menu, click ‘Log in’ and enter the following information:
- Your email address.
- Your order number.
Once you log in, you can send us a message. A Byevisa customer support agent will respond to your request as soon as possible. Among other things, you can find out:
- Whether your e-Visa application has been approved.
- If it’s been approved, the start date and expiration date of your authorisation.
- If we’re still processing your application.
- If your application has been rejected, and the reason why.
If your application has been denied or in the unusual case that you haven’t heard from us in the expected processing time, please feel free to reach out to us.
How Much Does a Guinea Visa Cost?
The government fee for a Guinea e-Visa is 80.00 USD.
In addition, Byevisa charges a processing fee that varies depending on how quickly you want your authorisation. We offer Standard service for a cost of – USD, Rapid service for – USD and Highly Rapid service for – USD. Letting us handle your paperwork frees up your time to plan the fun parts of your journey.
So in total, if you choose Rapid service for example, you pay a total of – USD and you receive your confirmation letter in – business days. Paying your e-Visa and processing fees with Byevisa is done at the time of your application in one easy payment.
More Guinea Visa Questions and Information
Looking for help with your Guinea travel visa? Here we’ve compiled some frequently asked questions that can help you prepare for your application.