An eVisa is required. We can assist in processing this document.
Travel Document Type
(To Pay on Arrival)
Byevisa Processing Fee
All About the Kuwait Visa
If you’re visiting Kuwait sometime soon, you may like to know that you can now obtain your visitor pass in advance with what’s called the Electronic Visa (eVisa) system. The local government introduced this in 2016 to increase tourism.
With this digital method, you enter some basic personal and passport information into our simple form, and you obtain your travel authorisation by email to print and carry on your trip. So no more do you have to visit the embassy, or wait in long queues at the border checkpoints after your flight.
The Kuwait eVisa is valid for 90 days per visit from the date of entry, although you must enter the country within 30 days of your travel pass’s issue date. It’s Single Entry, meaning that you can enter the country only once with your authorisation. The purpose of your visit must be tourism, so if you intend to visit Kuwait for another reason then you need an alternative authorisation.
To obtain your Kuwait visitor pass, you need a passport that’s valid for a minimum of 6 months from your date of entry. You also need a scan of your passport’s personal details bio page. Depending on your nationality, you also have to pay a 10.00 USD fee on arrival there.
Here are all the details you need to acquire your Kuwait eVisa with Byevisa.
What Distinguishes a Kuwait e-Visa From a Visa On Arrival (VOA)?
A Kuwait e-Visa (Electronic Visa) is an online method to obtain your travel pass in advance. You can apply with any electronic device connected to the internet. Also, you’re able to apply anywhere in the world, whether at home, the office, or out and about.
To apply for your e-VIsa you just enter a few personal/passport details into our online form, choose how quickly you want to obtain your travel pass, and pay for your application. Then, you simply sit back and wait for your validated pass to arrive by email. It’s as easy as that.
Turning to the Visa on Arrival (VoA), you get this at the border checkpoint once you’ve got off the plane. You may have to queue for a long time and fill our complicated forms by hand, when you’d rather be out and about and exploring Kuwait. The eVisa is an easier, faster option.
Kuwait Visit Visa Requirements and Eligibility
The citizens of the countries and territories listed below are eligible to apply for this eVisa. Alternatively, to see if you’re eligible, consult our visa eligibility checker tool here:
United Arab Emirates*
To apply, you need a passport that’s valid for at least 6 months from your date of entry. You also need to upload a scan of your passport’s personal bio page.
*If you’re a resident of one of these Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries, you can apply with your GCC residency card. It must be valid for at least 6 months from your date of entry.
As a GCC applicant, your profession must be one of the following: Consultant, Doctor, Engineer, Lawyer, Judge/Member of Public Prosecution, University Teacher, Press & Media Staff, Pilot, System Analyst/Computer Programmer, Manager, Businessperson, Diplomatic Corps, University Graduate – Owner, Manager and Representative of Commercial Companies and Establishments.
The purpose of your visit must be tourism, and you can only enter Kuwait once with your travel pass. So if you intend to enter and exit several times, perhaps to visit nearby Saudi Arabia or Iraq, you need to apply for several eVisas. If this is your case, make sure that your electronic passes’ validity dates coincide with your travel arrangements.
While in Kuwait, you need to keep a copy of your eVisa with you at all times. This can be either on your smartphone or tablet, or a printed paper copy. At Byevisa, we recommend that you print a copy of your eVisa in case your mobile runs out of battery.
If you’re travelling from somewhere susceptible to yellow fever, you need to be vaccinated first. To see whether this is the case for you, consult the World Health Organisation’s (WHO) list of countries. If you do need to be vaccinated, consult your doctor to find out more.
Please note that eVisa applications aren’t processed on Kuwait’s weekends (Friday and Saturday).
Kuwait Visa Process to Apply Online
To obtain your travel authorisation with Byevisa takes just a few minutes. Take these steps:
1. At the form near the beginning of this webpage, select your nationality and where you’re going (Kuwait). You immediately see:
- If you’re eligible for this authorisation.
- The Kuwait government’s fee of 10.00 USD, for some nationalities to pay on arrival.
- Byevisa’s lowest processing fee of 20.00 USD.
- Our fastest Kuwait visa processing time of 12 hours (excluding Fridays and Saturdays, because this is Kuwait’s weekend).
2. Click on ‘Apply Now’, and you’ll be taken to our personal/passport information form. Here you type in some straightforward information including: (1) your email address (2) your full name (3) your passport number, and its issue and expiry dates. So be sure to have your passport handy in advance!
We ask for these details to process your application. For the complete list of fields you fill in, visit our ‘Kuwait Visit Visa Requirements and Eligibility’ section below.
3. Next you select how quickly you want to obtain your Kuwait visa. We offer Standard service to get it in 3 days for a 20.00 USD processing fee, Rapid service to get it in 2 days for a 60.00 USD processing fee, and Highly Rapid service to get it in 12 hours for a 80.00 USD processing fee.
So our Highly Rapid service is ideal if you’ve left applying for your eVisa to the last minute, to get it in time for your flight!
4. Lastly, you pay for your application, either by debit/credit card or PayPal.
That’s all there is to it! You receive your validated travel pass by email. We recommend that you print off a copy to carry while you’re there, as you’ll need this at all times in Kuwait.
Kuwait e-Visa Forms and Documents
1. Here’s the list of personal/passport information to type in when you apply:
- Your email address, as you receive your travel pass in your inbox.
- Your forename, surname and middle name.
- Your gender (male or female).
- Your nationality, as it appears on your passport.
- Your birth date.
- The country in which you were born.
- The country in which you reside.
- Your passport number.
- Your passport’s issue date and expiry date.
- The visa you’re applying for (the 90-day Single Entry eVisa).
- Whether you hold a GCC residence permit, from which country, and if you hold one of the approved professions (see our ‘Kuwait Visit Visa Requirements and Eligibility’ section above for the full list).
Enter your details for yourself and all your travel companions. If you’re travelling with children, they need their own travel pass too. However, they can be featured on your passport as the adult.
2. Once you’ve added these, you choose how quickly you want to obtain your Kuwait eVisa:
- Standard service for a 20.00 USD processing fee to get it in 3 days.
- Rapid service for a 60.00 USD processing fee to get it in 2 days.
- Highly Rapid service for an 80.00 USD processing fee to get it in 12 hours.
In addition, the Kuwait government charges 10.00 USD for the eVisa, depending on your nationality. You pay this on arrival.
3. Lastly, you pay for your application. Here are the debit/credit card details you need:
- Your name, as it appears on your debit/credit card.
- Your debit/credit card number.
- Your debit/credit card’s expiry date.
- Your debit/credit card’s CVV/CVC 3-digit security code, found on the back.
When you’ve entered these details, you’re done! You receive an email confirming your application, and another email with your travel pass within your chosen Kuwait visa processing time.
Kuwait Visa Status Enquiry Online
Here’s how to check the status of your Kuwait visit visa with Byevisa:
- In the main menu at the top of this page, click the ‘Log in’ button.
- Enter your details and your enquiry. You can find out details including:
- If your application remains pending.
- If your application’s been accepted, as well as your visa’s issue and expiry dates.
- If your application has been denied, and the reason why.
If you realise that you made an error while you were applying, contact us as right away. If we can, we’ll amend your details so that you don’t have to apply again, free of charge.
However, if you only get in touch after we’ve already processed your application, you’ll have to start the application process again and pay the corresponding processing fee.
How Much Is a Kuwait Visa?
The government charges a 10.00 USD fee for the visa on arrival, depending on your nationality. In addition, you also pay Byevisa’s processing fee for us to obtain your travel pass. These fees are:
- 20.00 USD to get your Kuwait visitor visa in 3 days with our Standard process.
- 60.00 USD to get it in 2 days with our Rapid service.
- 80.00 USD to get it in 12 hours with our Highly Rapid service.
Our Highly Rapid service is ideal if you’ve forgotten to obtain your visa ahead of your flight. You can apply online, and get it to take with you later the same day if need be!
More Kuwait Entry Visa Questions and Information
Would you like to learn more about this travel authorisation ahead of your trip? Below you can find answers to some of our most frequently asked questions.
Here’s a sample of this visit visa for you to see: