A visa is required. We can assist in processing this document.
Travel Document Type
Byevisa Processing Fee
5 business days
All About Kyrgyzstan Visas
Kyrgyzstan welcomes tourists from more than 50 countries to apply online for an Electronic Visa (eVisa), a convenient system that eliminates the need to travel to an embassy. Chinese and Indian citizens, for example, are eligible to apply for an eVisa.
This nation, also known as the Kyrgyz Republic, invites a number of nationalities to enter visa-free. Among others, citizens of all European Union countries as well as the US, the UK, Australia and New Zealand may enter without a visa for up to 60 days.
For those who do need an authorisation, applying with Byevisa is the best choice. Applying online gives you the flexibility to apply anywhere you are in the world in just minutes, and we send your approved travel pass to your email in just 5 to 9 business days.
The Kyrgyzstan eVisa is valid for one Single Entry only. You are allowed to stay for up to 60 days with this authorisation.
You can enter this nation of natural and rugged beauty with an electronic travel document via specific border checkpoints which we mention below.
Kyrgyzstan’s government fee for an e-Visa is 51.50 USD. In addition, Byevisa charges a fee to process your paperwork, and our prices start at 35 USD.
Here at Byevisa we provide all the information you need to get started on your journey to Kyrgyzstan. Find out how to obtain your eVisa below, and click ‘Apply Now’ to get yours!
Kyrgyzstan Visa on Arrival Versus E-Visa
The difference between these 2 types of visas is that you apply for an eVisa before your trip by completing our online form, and then you receive your official travel document by email. Then, upon arrival in the country, all you need to do is show your e-Visa and passport to the border officials and you can go right through.
In contrast, a Visa on Arrival (VoA) is obtained when you arrive at the border checkpoint by filling out some forms by hand. Fortunately, Kyrgyzstan offers all visitors who need a visa the opportunity to apply in advance for an electronic authorisation. This process saves you time from waiting in queues at the airport or filling out complicated VoA forms at the border.
Kyrgyzstan Visa Requirements and Eligibility
This Central Asian nation has a very welcoming policy for tourists. To see if you’re eligible for this Electronic Visa, consult our handy checker tool here:
Alternatively, many nationalities are visa-exempt, as mentioned in the list below:
These nationalities are visa-exempt for an indefinite period of time:
- Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Cuba, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Moldova, North Korea, Russia, Tajikistan, and Vietnam.
These nationalities can enter visa-free for 90 days:
- Mongolia, Serbia and Ukraine.
Citizens from these countries can enter visa-free for up to 60 days:
- European Union citizens (except Bulgaria, Cyprus and Romania), Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Bahrain, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Brunei, Canada, Chile, Iceland, Japan, Kuwait, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Montenegro, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Qatar, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, Switzerland, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Uzbekistan, and Vatican City.
Finally, these nationalities are visa-exempt for 30 days:
- Malaysia and Turkey.
To apply, you need a valid passport that expires no earlier than 6 months from the date your eVisa expires, and your passport should have 2 blank pages for the visa stamps you receive upon arrival.
According to the Kyrgyzstan immigration department, it’s recommendable to obtain your approved eVisa before booking your flight to make sure you’re legally able to enter the country.
Kyrgyzstan’s tourist visa is for a Single Entry, important to keep in mind if you plan to include other Silk Road countries in your itinerary before heading back to Kyrgyzstan. If you need to enter and exit more than once, you must apply for multiple authorisations.
All travellers in your group must obtain their own separate authorisations, even if they are infants and children included on your own passport.
If you hold an e-Visa, you must enter through one of the following border checkpoints:
- Manas Airport
- Osh Airport
- Kazakhstan borders:
- Ak-Jol Avtodorozhnyi
- Ak-Tilek- avtodorozhnyi
- Chaldybar- avtodorozhnyi
- Uzbekistan border:
- Dostuk- avtodorozhnyi
- Tajikistan borders:
- Bor-Dobo- avtodorozhnyi
- Kulundu- avtodorozhnyi
- Kyzyl-Bel- avtodorozhnyi
- China borders:
- Irkeshtam- avtodorozhnyi
- Irkeshtam- avtodorozhnyi
One important thing to keep in mind is that when you arrive to Kyrgyzstan, you must register your accommodation address with the local police within 5 business days.
You need to get a yellow fever vaccination before your trip if you’re coming from a country with a risk of yellow fever. You can find more information about countries that require a vaccination on the website of the World Health Organisation.
Kyrgyzstan Visa Application Process
Byevisa makes it easy to complete your eVisa application. Just make sure the information you provide matches your passport details and that your photo meets the requirements. The application process is as follows:
1. Complete our online application form with details about yourself and any travel companions and information about your trip.
2. Pay the government’s 51.50 USD fee and our processing fee, in one easy payment using a bank card or PayPal.
3. Once your application is submitted, we take care of processing it. This takes anywhere between 5 and 9 business days – you can select the processing speed that suits you best.
4. We send your approved eVisa by email to the address you specify in your application. You must print this official document – it is what you need to show at the border control when you arrive.
Please be aware that you also need to submit the following documents:
- A recent passport photo that meets the requirements below.
- A scanned copy of your passport bio page.
Your photograph must meet these requirements:
- It should show your head and shoulders only, and your head must take up the majority of the space in the photo.
- You have to be facing completely toward the front in the photo.
- The photo must be in colour.
- It can’t be more than 6 months old.
- It must be taken against a plain white background.
- Your face should have a neutral expression and both eyes open.
- Your head cannot be covered, unless it’s for religious reasons. If you wear a head-covering, it may not cover your face.
- You shouldn’t be wearing glasses in the photo, but if you must, there can’t be any glare. Your eyes must be fully visible.
Kyrgyzstan Visa Application Form and Documents
These are the steps to follow to complete your Kyrgyzstan eVisa application with Byevisa.
1. Choose your nationality and select your destination country (Kyrgyzstan) in our visa checker tool to see if you’re eligible. You can also use the button below to get started.
2. Both options guide you to the application form, which you must complete with the following details:
- Your email address.
- Your planned dates of arrival to and departure from Kyrgyzstan.
- Your full name as it appears in your passport.
- Your gender.
- The country of your nationality.
- Your date of birth.
- The country where you were born.
- The country where you currently reside.
- Your passport number, along with its issue and expiry dates and issuing country.
- Your contact phone number.
- Contact information of the person or group that invited you.
- The address of the place you’re staying in Kyrgyzstan.
- Whether you have visited Kyrgyzstan in the last 5 years.
- Whether your visa application to the Kyrgyz Republic has been ever denied.
3. Check that all your information is correct. Then proceed to enter your bank card number or choose the option to pay via PayPal, which you’ll use to pay the eVisa government fee and our processing fee.
4. Submit your application to finalise the process and make your payment.
Once your eVisa has been approved, which takes between 5 and 9 business days, we send your Kyrgyzstan travel document to your email inbox. You need to print this official travel pass, since you will need to show it at the border checkpoint to enter the country.
Please note you must also provide these documents:
- A digital passport photo that meets the above-mentioned requirements.
- A scanned copy of your passport’s bio page.
Kyrgyzstan Visa Status Check
After you submit your application, you’ll likely be wondering if your travel pass has been approved. In the unlikely case that you’ve reached the end of your processing timeframe and you haven’t heard from us, get in touch with us by clicking ‘Log in’ in the website menu. On our support page, fill out the following:
- Your name as it appears in your application.
- Your email address.
- The reason for your message.
- A message explaining the details of your request.
- Click ‘Submit’ to send us the message.
One of our customer support agents will respond as quickly as possible. Our customer support team can also supply the following information on request:
- Whether your authorisation has been approved.
- If it’s still pending approval.
- The start and expiration dates of your travel pass.
- Whether your application was rejected and the reason. However, if this is the case, we will notify you by email immediately.
How Much Does a Kyrgyzstan Visa Cost?
The Kyrgyzstan tourist e-Visa government fee is 51.50 USD. Additionally, Byevisa charges a service fee depending on how quickly you need your application to be processed. The costs are:
- 35 USD for Standard processing, which takes 9 business days.
- 65 USD for Rapid processing, which takes 7 business days.
- 100 USD for Highly Rapid processing, our fastest option, returning your authorisation in 5 business days.
More Kyrgyzstan Visa Questions and Information
Still curious about how to get a travel authorisation for Kyrgyzstan? Here are more frequently asked questions we’ve compiled to help you.