A visa is required. We can assist in processing this document.
Travel Document Type
Byevisa Processing Fee
1 business day
All About Moldova Visas
If you are planning a trip to the Republic of Moldova, a beautiful country in the Eastern Caucasus, you need to know if you require an entry permit. The good news is that if you are from an eligible nation and travelling for business or tourism, you can apply for an e-Visa online through Byevisa.
Since May 5th 2014, the Moldovan government in collaboration with the European Union and with the assistance of the Centre for Electronic Governance, introduced the Electronic Visa (e-Visa) to facilitate applicants to submit their applications online. At present, it covers citizens of over 129 nations, including South Africa and India.
The eVisa permits staying in Moldova for 90 days upon arrival in the country, and it’s valid for a total of 180 days. It’s a Single-Entry visa, meaning that you can only enter and exit the country once.
To apply for the Moldova eVisa, you require documents including a valid passport, travel health insurance, a recent photograph and proof that you and your companions can financially support yourselves for the duration of your visit.
Here we tell you everything you need to get your eVisa with Byevisa, ranging from whether you’re from an eligible nationality, to what personal and passport information you enter into our form, to how quickly your travel permit arrives in your email inbox. Our online application process takes just a few minutes, so you can get on with the fun stuff of planning your holiday!
What Is the Difference Between a Moldova Visa vs a VoA (Visa on Arrival)?
Getting an online eVisa with Byevisa is hassle-free, instead of having to deal with the paperwork and a visit to the Moldovan consulate or embassy in your country. Upon approval, you receive an email with your digital authorisation. Print a paper copy and provide it to customs upon arrival.
Applying with Byevisa helps you to avoid filling out lengthy paperwork and joining long queues at the embassy, and saves you both money and time.
There is an arrangement between Moldova and certain nations whose citizens can apply for a Visa on Arrival (VoA). The downside is, again, waiting in a queue when you’ve just got off your flight and filling in paperwork to be allowed entry, when you’d rather zip through customs and be enjoying your holiday.
Moldova Visa Application Process
With Byevisa, the Moldova visa application process is easy and uncomplicated to save you time for planning your trip.
Add the necessary details to our form, along with your travel dates and accommodation address. Also, scan the bio page of your passport and upload it.
You can obtain your eVisa in your email inbox as quickly as you need it, namely 1, 3 or 5 business days. The fee charged depends on the service option you select. You can pay by either PayPal or debit/credit card.
After the permit is approved, Byevisa emails it to you. Keep a printed copy that can be presented upon arrival in Moldova. It is valid for a total of 180 days from the time it is issued. However, you can only stay a maximum of 90 days in the country, and only enter and exit the country once.
If you intend to stay more than 90 days in the country, you will need to visit the local immigration office and submit an application for your permit to get an extension. There will be a fee charged and it must be done well before the expiration date of the current permit.
Moldova Visa Requirements and Eligibility
Do I need a travel permit to visit Moldova? To find out, consult our eligibility checker here:
Alternatively, nationals from these countries can apply for the e-Visa:
Central African Republic (CAR)
Democratic Republic of Congo
Eswatini (formerly Swaziland)
Myanmar (formerly Burma)
Papua New Guinea
Sao Tome and Principe
You require a permit to visit the country unless you are a citizen of a nation that has a visa-waiver agreement with Moldova. The citizens of the following nations do not require permits for entering Moldova to stay up to 90 days within a 6-month period:
- Andorra, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Canada, EU Citizens, Georgia, Iceland, Israel, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, Russia, San Marino, Swiss Confederation, Tajikistan, Ukraine, United Kingdom, USA, Uzbekistan, Vatican City.
Also exempt are service passport holders from Albania, China, Croatia, Iran, Israel, Montenegro, Serbia, Turkey, Turkmenistan and Vietnam.
Moldova Visa Form and Documents
If you want to meet friends or family or just explore the country as a tourist, the tourist eVisa is the type of travel permit you require. Byevisa makes the process of getting your entry permit hassle-free and you can stay up to 90 days within 6 months from the date of arrival.
The following are the tourist visa requirements for those wanting to visit the country:
- A printed copy of your Moldova eVisa.
- A passport that has been issued in the last 10 years and its validity must extend 3 months beyond the date of your departure from Moldova.
- Travel health insurance is mandatory and must be a minimum of €30,000 during your stay in the country.
- A recent photograph (Dimensions: 35mm x 45mm).
- You must have an invite from the Bureau of Migration and Asylum (if you’re from an applicable country).
- The visitor must be financially sound during his/her stay in the country. You must have a minimum of €30 for daily expenses and at least €300 even if you stay less than 10 days.
- Accommodation proof in the form of hotel reservations.
- A round-trip flight ticket/ green card/ driver’s license and documents of your vehicle registration (if you intend to drive).
- If you are on a business visit you must have an invitation from the company or organisation.
- Those staying with family members or friends must produce a maintenance and accommodation form duly filled in by the Moldova resident.
Moldavian Visa Status Check
Once you’ve applied, you’ll be eager with anticipation to receive your travel permit and begin your trip. For you to verify the status of your eVisa, all you need to do is to click the ‘Status’ button in our main menu, and enter your details and enquiry. In the event of any issues that might arise during your application, you have customer support from Byevisa to help at every stage.
Among other things, you can find out the following:
- Confirm if your permit has received approval.
- The validity dates of the travel permit (start and expiration).
- Check if the application is still being processed.
- If it has been denied, and the reason mentioned by the immigration office.
If the application has been denied or in the unlikely event that we haven’t sent you your eVisa within your chosen processing period, you can always drop us a message. We are here to assist you at all times, and all you need to do is click the ‘Status’ button and fill in the details given below:
- Your name in full
- Your email address.
- The reason for your request.
- Leave a message, mentioning the details of the issue.
To send the message click ‘Submit’ at the end of the contact form. Someone from our support staff will get in touch with you at the earliest!
How Much Is a Moldavian Visa?
The Moldovan immigration authorities charge a fee of 60.00 USD for the eVisa. The processing charge of Byevisa depends on the speed of service you select, subject to how fast you want it. Our processing costs are as follows:
- Standard Service: 20.00 USD for 5 business day (Standard) delivery.
- Rapid Service: 50.00 USD for 3 business day (Rapid) delivery.
- Highly Rapid: 80.00 USD for just 1 business day (Highly Rapid) delivery.
You pay both the permit and processing charge together via PayPal or a credit/debit card when you submit your application.
More Moldavian Visa Questions and Information
We understand that you might require additional information about the electronic entry permit for Moldova and, accordingly, we’ve created an FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) to help you with the process.