No visa is required. Here we tell you the key information to gain entry.
All About the Seychelles Visa Regulations
This small African country in the Indian Ocean boasts not just white sand beaches and pristine waters – it’s also home to UNESCO World Heritage-Listed sites, endemic flora and fauna and a vibrant culinary scene.
And the best part? You can visit this 115-island archipelago without the hassle of requesting a visa for Seychelles in advance. That’s right, all the nations on earth are Seychelles visa-free countries, so you can now enjoy this popular tourist destination without the need to apply for an entry permit in advance.
As your best source for up-to-date visa information, Byevisa has done all the background research into the Seychelles visa policy in order to provide you with the must-know information on how to enter this island paradise visa-free.
Keep reading to find out which documents you’ll need to present at the airport in order to obtain the Seychelles visa permit on arrival, and how long this document will allow you to visit this dreamy tropical destination.
In addition to explaining what to expect when passing through customs, we’ve compiled a host of other information to help make your travel a breeze.
Seychelles Visa Requirements and Eligibility
Do you need a visa for Seychelles? No, fortunately, as the central government has made this a visa-free destination. That said, to take advantage of this country’s open entry policy, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be travelling for tourism, business or visiting purposes.
- You cannot be a prohibited immigrant (this is determined on a case-by-case basis; for more information please contact your nearest embassy or consulate).
- You cannot be a holder of a valid permit that entitles you to reside in this country.
In addition, prior to your trip, you will need to compile some basic travel documents that will be requested when passing through customs:
- A national passport valid for the entire length of your stay and with 2 or more blank pages.
- A return or onward airline ticket.*
- Proof of confirmed accommodation (at least for the first 3 nights, including contact details).*
- Proof of sufficient funds for the duration of the stay (minimum of 150 USD or equivalent per day).*
- If you’re travelling with children, they will need to be in possession of a valid child passport.
Once in customs, you present your immigration form as well as the documents listed above to the immigration official, who will issue a visitor’s permit. This permit is requested and issued at the airport directly; it is not necessary to apply in advance.
* Your proof of accommodation and onward ticket or itinerary should be printed in advance. Financial resources may be carried in cash, travel vouchers or credit cards.
Seychelles Visa Application Process
Once your documents are printed, your suitcase is packed and your itinerary is bursting with adventures and excursions, you’re ready to board the plane and have some fun in the sun! At this point, there are just 2 steps standing between you and your dream holiday:
- Fill in the immigration form provided by the airline crew on your inbound flight.
- Present this form as well as the documents listed above to your customs official, who will review them and stamp your visitor’s pass in your passport.
Although there is no guarantee that your immigration official will request to see your proof of return flight, accommodation, etc, it is always a good idea to carry printed copies with you to avoid any unwanted delays in your travel. In addition, spot-checks can sometimes be carried out outside the airport by local police. All the more reason to be well-prepared with your documents at hand!
Once you have completed these 2 steps you are free to explore this relaxing and attractive destination for up to 30 days.
Seychelles Visa Application Form and Documents
On your inbound flight to Mahé International Airport, your cabin crew will pass out immigration cards to be filled in and presented at customs. To complete the card you’ll need to fill in the following information:
- Full name.
- Country of origin.
- Current address and contact information.
- Reason for travel (tourism, business or family visit).
- Inbound flight number (this can be found on your boarding pass).
- Hotel name and address (or home address if staying with friends or family).
- Dates of stay.
- Information on any goods you may be bringing with you to the country.
Be sure to fill in this form carefully, as it will be cross-checked with the printed documents listed in the section above. Traveller tip: be sure to bring a black or blue pen with you on the plane to make filling in this form quick and easy!
Seychelles Visa Status Check
When travelling from a Seychelles visa-free country, there is no need to apply for any documentation in advance. The process of requesting your entry-upon-arrival permit will be done entirely in the customs area of the airport. Upon arrival, your immigration officer will review your documents and possibly ask about your reasons for travel and planned itinerary.
While there may be a line at immigration, the actual issuing of the pass takes just a few minutes and will be done right then and there, eliminating the need for a Seychelles visa check online.
How Much Does a Seychelles Visa Cost?
Fortunately for travellers, the visitor’s visa is issued free of charge for the first 30 days. This means less hassle changing currencies in the airport and more time (and money!) to enjoy your holiday.
As mentioned above, however, you will need to present sufficient financial resources to cover your stay in the country and will also need proof of accommodation for at least the first 3 days.
If you wish to keep island hopping longer than the 30-day period granted by customs, you will need to apply for an extension. An extension can be issued free of charge for an additional 60 days. After this, further extensions can be issued in 90-day increments for up to 1 year and will be subject to a charge of 5,000 SCR (Seychellois rupees), approximately 303 USD.
More Seychelles Tourist Visa Questions and Information
We hope the above overview has given you a good idea of what to expect before your holiday. Please find some more useful information below.
- Department of Immigration, Independence House, Mahé, Seychelles, Tel: +248 4 29 36 36, Email: email@example.com
If you plan on going to the beach or doing other outdoor activities, it is recommended to at least carry a photocopy of your passport and other documents at all times.
Direct flights are typically overnight and can take 9 -10 hours. From airports in the Middle East, you will reach Mahé in about 5 hours.
Alternatives are the Cat Cocos and Cat Rose ferries that have routes between the 3 main islands of Mahé, Praslin and La Digue.
This being said, opportunistic theft can occasionally occur but is usually non-violent. Aim to prevent this by keeping an eye on your belongings and generally travelling with caution.
Last but not least: the food. Many different cultures have called these islands home and this is reflected in the Seychellois cuisine. Here you’ll enjoy a mix of Indian spices, Creole favourites and French traditions. Seafood is predominant as are tropical fruits and rice.