A visa is required. We can assist in processing this document.
Travel Document Type
Byevisa Processing Fee
All About the Ghana Visa
Travelling to the West African country of Ghana, or the Republic of Ghana as it is officially known? Before you book flights to this up-and-coming tourist destination, you’ll need to look into travel requirements.
Most nationalities require a visa for Ghana. At the moment, this is obtained via an embassy or, for some nationalities, a long wait in a queue on arrival. However, soon you will be able to apply for an electronic visa with us! This applies to Indians, Brits, Americans, Canadians, and more, who all require advance travel authorisation before entering Ghanaian territory.
The Ghanian government has yet to confirm all the new details; however, as soon as they are announced, we’ll be ready to process your paperwork. To obtain the new eVisa, you’ll just require your passport and personal details, your travel itinerary and a few other documents which we’ll go into in more detail below.
You will be able to use the shiny new Ghana eVisa to enter the country at Kotoka International Airport which is located in Accra, the country’s capital city. The port city is also the commercial hub of the country.
Keep reading to help you prepare for your trip to ‘The Land of the Warrior King!’
Ghana Visa Requirements and Eligibility
Been searching the internet wondering do I need a visa for Ghana? As mentioned, the majority of foreign nationals do require a visa to enter Ghana.
This includes nationals of Australia, Canada, India, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, and the US.
The only travellers who are exempt from the Ghana visa requirements are citizens of select African nations (further details below) for visits of up to 90 days maximum.
For everyone else, as well as obtaining a visa for Ghana, the current requirements to enter the country include:
- Being in possession of a passport that is valid for at least 6 months from the date you arrive in the country.
- Having at least 1 blank page in your passport for officials to stamp entry and exit stamps into.
- Showing evidence of your finances to prove you have the means to afford your trip.
- Having a letter of invitation from your host or details of your accommodation.
- Showing evidence that you have had the yellow fever vaccination.
Travellers coming from the following countries have Ghana visa-exemption.
Citizens of the ECOWAS States can enter the country for 90 days without a visa:
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Guinea Bissau
- Ivory Coast
- Sierra Leone
Citizens of the following countries (with any type of passport) can enter Ghana visa-free for up to 60 days.
- Trinidad and Tobago
Citizens of Egypt, Rwanda, and the Member States of the African Union can acquire a visa on arrival, or at the mission, that is valid for 60 days.
If you are not a national of any of the countries listed above, you will require travel authorisation to enter the country.
We run you through how to obtain this below!
Ghana Visa Application Process
Once the eVisa becomes available, you will be able to apply for this here with us.
The process will be as follows:
- Select the type of visa you want to apply for, in this case, the Ghana eVisa.
- Click ‘Apply Now’ to go to Byevisa’s simple online form, where you enter your details. The information required will include your full name, passport number, contact details, and your entry and exit dates. An email address is also required so we can send your approved travel pass to it once it’s ready.
- There’s a complete list of all the information that you must input into the form in our ‘Ghana Visa Forms and Documents’ section.
- Select which Byevisa processing speed you require, depending on how far away your trip is. We offer Standard, Rapid, and Highly Rapid options for your convenience to suit all types of travellers. Details of prices and processing times are subject to be announced by the Ghanian government.
- Enter your bank card or PayPal account details to pay for your application.
- Wait to receive your travel authorisation to your email inbox during your selected time!
Please note, Byevisa is currently unable to process the Ghana tourist visa as until the eVisa is released, the High Commission handles this process exclusively.
You will need to complete your application on the website of the Ghana High Commission in your country. Applications should be submitted a minimum of 15 days before the date you intend to travel. Below we provide further information regarding the form you’ll need to fill in (more about the documents you will need to provide below).
Ghana Travel Visa Forms and Documents
Applying for an eVisa with Byevisa is simple and can be done from any internet-connected device, wherever you are in the world.
First, it is important to make sure you have gathered all the necessary documentation.
To apply with us, you will need to upload scanned copies of the following documents:
- 1 recent passport size photograph (the photo must be taken in the last 6 months).
- Names and addresses of 2 references in Ghana (one of these can be the hotel where you’re staying).
- Copy of passport or voters I.D Card of your host if they’re Ghanaian; copy of passport and proof of residence in Ghana if your hosts aren’t nationals of the country.
- Your hotel reservation confirmation or other proof of accommodation.
- A recent bank statement to prove you have the funds to cover your stay.
- Your air ticket reservation confirming your return or onward journey.
Please note, accepted file formats for images are PDF, jpeg, jpg and png format.
Once you’ve got all the documents above together, you’re ready to apply!
You’ll then need to select the type of travel authorisation you’re applying for, in this case, the Ghana eVisa.
Then press ‘Apply Now’ on this page, which will take you to our online Ghana visa form.
Here you need to enter your personal information like:
- Country of residence.
- First name.
- Date of birth.
- Contact number.
- Your home address.
- Email address.
- Town of birth.
- Passport number.
- The place and date your passport was issued.
- The passport’s expiry date.
- Your occupation.
- Your business/company address
*Please include any former surnames or nationalities too where applicable.
You will also need to add some additional details about your journey and travel plans.
Once you’ve entered all your personal information, select which of our services you require.
We offer 3 different services to cater to all types of travellers.
- Standard service (available soon).
- Rapid service (available soon).
- Highly Rapid service (available soon).
The faster the service, the higher the corresponding fee. The big advantage of utilising Byevisa’s service is that you don’t have to navigate the bureaucracy on your own, we help you every step of the way, saving you time and effort!
Once you’ve selected the service that’s right for you, simply enter the following payment details:
- Your full name as it appears on your debit or credit card.
- The debit or credit card number.
- The debit or credit card’s expiry month and year.
- The 3-digit CVC security code located on the reverse of your bank card.
- For those who prefer to, it is possible to pay by PayPal.
Once you’ve completed the above steps, you can sit back and wait for your travel pass to wing its way to your email inbox!
Please note, for applications made via the embassy, there are some extra form fields to fill in. You will also have to specify the collection method; and, of course, go in person to process your documents and make the payment. The forthcoming eVisa that we will offer will speed up the procedure greatly!
Cost of Ghana eVisa
The Ghana online visa fee has not yet been announced and we will publish this information as soon as the government releases it.
The price of the Ghana embassy visa obtained in person varies depending on your nationality and how quickly you require the documentation.
As an example, the price to obtain a single-entry travel pass from the embassy as a British citizen is:
- Standard Processing – 73 USD.
- 72-Hour Processing – 122 USD.
- 24-Hour Processing – 171 USD.
Ghana Tourist Visa Status Check
Checking the status of your application when you apply for travel documentation with us is as easy as ABC!
Just head to the menu at the top of this page, and select ‘Log in’.
Then, enter your details so you can check how far along your application is. You can find out if your travel authorisation has been:
- Approved, in which case your pass will be waiting for you in your inbox. You can also view when the visa was issued, its expiry date, and how many days are remaining.
- Remains pending, which means that we’re still processing it.
- Rejected (we’ll specify the reason why, if we know).
Bear in mind, your approved application will be sent to you in the time frame you’ve selected.
More Ghana Visa Online Questions and Information
Want to learn more of the ins and outs of travelling to this west African country ahead of your trip? Well, today is your lucky day, as we’ve put together a list of the most common questions.