No matter where you are headed, you need to organise a range of things before you can go abroad. Byevisa is the place to find out what documentation you need to apply for and how you can get it in the easiest and quickest way.
Read on to find out precisely what you need to get your visa for Ghana from UK. The process, requirements and cost will all be explained so that you can feel confident and ready to enjoy your travel adventure to this African tourist spot.
Do I Need A Visa To Ghana From UK?
If you are trying to find out if you need a visa for Ghana for UK citizens, then the answer is yes, you do. You can apply for either a Single-Entry or Multiple-Entry visa to have permission to enter the country.
The length of time you are able to spend in the country will be determined when you arrive by an immigration official, and so you will need to have evidence of your itinerary in order to get the full stay that you require. There is a 1-Year and 2-Year option that you can apply for if you are planning to enter the country multiple times, but these are issued less frequently for tourism purposes.
Ghana Visa Application Process for UK Citizens
Unfortunately, Byevisa is currently unable to process the Ghana visa application for UK tourists as the Ghanaian High Commission handles this process exclusively. However, we can share the process you need to take to get your application submitted.
You can complete your application on the website of the High Commission. You should be ready to provide the following information:
- The visa category you wish to apply for.
- The type of visa you need.
- Your country of residence.
- Your nationality and your nationality at birth.
- The office you want to visit to complete your application.
- Your name (first, middle, and last).
- Your phone number and email address.
- Your gender and marital status.
- Your date and place of birth.
- Your occupation.
- How long your stay will last.
- When you are leaving the UK to travel to the country.
- Details of your previous visits to the country.
- Your disposable income for the trip.
- How you will be arriving (air, land, or sea).
Once your Ghana visa application form for UK citizens is complete, you need to print, sign it and take it with you to your visa appointment. You book the appointment when you fill out the online form. When you go, you also need to provide the following documents as part of your application:
- Your passport.
- 2 colour passport-sized photos that have been attached to your application form.
- Evidence of your itinerary.
- Proof of finances for your trip.
- Proof of your accommodation.
- Invitation letter from your host.
Ghana Visa Requirements for UK Citizens
When you arrive in the country, you will need to visit the immigration counter. At that point, where an official will check your visa and make sure that you meet the requirements to enter the country. The current requirements include:
- You must have a passport that is valid for 6 months from the date you enter the country.
- You need at least 1 blank page for your entry and exit stamps.
- You will need to take evidence of your finances to prove you can afford your trip.
- Having a letter of invitation from your Ghanaian host or your accommodation details.
- Evidence that you have had the yellow fever vaccination.
Visa To Ghana From UK – Cost
When it comes to paying for your travel documentation, you will need to pay the price that is associated with the visa you require. The current costs are as follows:
- Single Entry – Standard Processing 73 USD.
- Single Entry – 72-Hour Processing 122 USD.
- Single Entry – 24-Hour Processing 171 USD.
- Multiple Entry – 6 Months Standard Processing 122 USD.
- Multiple Entry – 6 Months 72-Hour Processing 171 USD.
- Multiple Entry – 6 Months 24-Hour Processing 219 USD.
- Multiple Entry – 12 Months Standard Processing 183 USD
- Multiple Entry – 12 Months 72-Hour Processing 231 USD
- Multiple Entry – 12 Months 24-Hour Processing 280 USD
- Multiple Entry – 24 Months Standard Processing 244 USD
- Multiple Entry – 24 Months 72-Hour Processing 292 USD
- Multiple Entry – 24 Months 24-Hour Processing 341 USD
Standard processing usually takes a minimum of 10-15 working days, so be sure to apply plenty of time before your trip.
Get The Answers You Need
Now you know what you need to do to get your travel documentation organised, you may have other questions you want to have answered. We have answered some of the most frequently asked questions below to help you prepare.
Is Travel Health Insurance A Good Idea When Visiting This Country?
Yes, it is imperative. The medical facilities outside of larger towns are extremely poor, and you may need to be evacuated urgently to get the care you need. Therefore, you should organise travel health insurance that can do this in the case you might need it.
How Safe Am I In This Country?
Ghana is typically a peaceful country to visit, and tourists are safe as long as you comply with the traditions and laws of the land. Theft can be a problem, and you should take sensible precautions with your belongings to avoid having things stolen. There have also been reports of armed robberies from tourists, and the best way to deal with these situations is to comply fully rather than trying to stop the incident taking place.
Do I Require A Yellow Fever Vaccination?
Yes, all tourists heading to this destination must be vaccinated at least 10 days before they travel. The reason for this is that Ghana is a country at risk of transmitting the illness. Talk to your doctor about getting vaccinated.
More Information for British Tourists
If you want any further information on travelling to this fascinating country, then all you have to do is click here to be taken to our dedicated page. You will find a wealth of information to support your planning.